Have you ever wondered why the road signs in Malaysia come in different colours and are often accompanied by numbers or alphabets? Well, apparently every single element on these boards represent something (duh!) and it’s important for road users to know them.
If you never knew what they mean, carry on reading this list!
1. Blue signboards are used for non-tolled federal, state and municipal roads
2. Green signboards are used for tolled highways or expressways
3. The ‘E’ on the board signifies the road is an expressway
4. Federal roads are represented by numbers only
5. State roads are represented by numbers and alphabets
6. Yellow letterings are for road names
7. White letterings are for towns and areas
For instance, Seremban, Cheras and Kota Damansara.
8. White letterings against a maroon background are for tourist destinations
9. Orange letters with a green background are for government institutions
10. The destinations on road signs are arranged from the bottom (nearest) to top (furthest) according to distance
For instance, you will reach Alor Gajah before Tampin if you exit left.
Bonus fact: The Malaysian Highway Authorities (Lembaga Lebuhraya Malaysia) actually developed a new type of font called LLM Lettering to be used on road signs. In fact, you can download the font here!
Before we became heavily dependent on Waze, road signs used to be our compass and saviour to navigate around Malaysia. So, let’s take a moment to appreciate the hard work put into making these road signs and educate our fellow Malaysians by sharing this article!
Tun Dr Mahathir Just Announced His New Party’s Name, “PEJUANG”
Malaysia’s former prime minister, Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, announced today (12 August 2020) that his new political party is named...
Minister Apologises On FINAS Issue, Says Malaysians Can Freely Upload Content on Social Media Platforms
Recently FINAS and the Malaysian Communication and Multimedia Minister, Datuk Saifuddin Abdullah received a lot of backlash from Malaysians online....
Four Arrested For Installing Jalur Gemilang & Johor State Flag Upside Down
Last year, our country was shocked to find out that many people were displaying the Malaysian flag, affectionately known as...
“I would like to say sorry to you”, Najib Receives Super Ring Bouquet & Card Asking For Forgiveness
Datuk Seri Najib Razak received a bouquet of Super Ring packets today (12 August) from an unknown person asking for...
Patron Says myBurgerLab Following SOPs is “Illogical & Senseless”, MBL Asks M’sians To Be Considerate
Although most businesses are grateful they could re-open during the Recovery Movement Control Order, they currently have multiple SOPs &...
Current Affairs8 hours ago
12 Years Jail & RM210 Million Fine For Najib Not Enough, Prosecution Wants Heavier Sentence
Culture13 hours ago
Calling All Talented Malaysians! Joseph-Gordon Levitt Wants You To Be A Part Of His Netflix Project
Food12 hours ago
Hello Pulis? This Mamak Is Serving Maggi Goreng Milo and Kuey Teow Milo
Current Affairs12 hours ago
Man Who Assaulted Nepalese Security Guard Sentenced To 4 Months Jail