fbpx
Connect with us

Social Stories

3 People Rushed to Hospital for Carbon Monoxide Poisoning After Man Cooks in Air-Conditioned Room

Published

3 People Rushed To Hospital For Carbon Monoxide Poisoning After Man Cooks In Air-Conditioned Room - World Of Buzz 3
Source: Sohu & iStock Photo

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

It’s really important to make sure that there is proper ventilation when you’re cooking, especially if you’re using a gas stove! Three people in this house in Nanning, China suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning when the grandfather, identified as Liang, decided to do some cooking.

3 People Rushed To Hospital For Carbon Monoxide Poisoning After Man Cooks In Air-Conditioned Room - World Of Buzz

Source: istock photo

According to Sohu, the incident happened in early October where Liang had suddenly decided that he wanted to make a meal. However, when he started cooking in the kitchen, he did not turn off the air-conditioning or turn on the ventilation at the cooker hood.

His sister and grandson were sitting in the living room, and one hour into Liang’s cooking session, they began to feel that something was not right. They were feeling rather uncomfortable and decided to go inside the kitchen to look for Liang. When they found him, Liang said he was feeling really unwell and had lost the ability to talk.

3 People Rushed To Hospital For Carbon Monoxide Poisoning After Man Cooks In Air-Conditioned Room - World Of Buzz 1

Source: sohu

All three of them were rushed to the hospital, where they were diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning as a result of all the unreleased gas fumes produced when Liang was cooking. The doctor said that all of them had different levels of carbon monoxide poisoning with Liang’s condition being the most serious.

In fact, his carbon monoxide poisoning was so severe that he fell into a coma but luckily, after two hours of emergency treatment, the doctor managed to revive Liang. The doctor said that the carbon monoxide poisoning was due to Liang cooking with a gas stove and not opening the windows or doors, which meant that the levels of carbon monoxide could only get higher and higher.

3 People Rushed To Hospital For Carbon Monoxide Poisoning After Man Cooks In Air-Conditioned Room - World Of Buzz 2

Source: sohu

The doctor said that in more severe cases if treatment is not thorough, then there could have been delayed brain damage such as memory loss, cognitive decline or speech problems even one to two months after the incident.

Whoa, didn’t know that could happen! Make sure you have good ventilation when cooking, guys!

 

Also read: A Group of Friends Suffered Carbon Monoxide Poisoning After Charcoal From Hotpot Pollutes Air

 - World Of Buzz


Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Thailand Allows Limited Recreational Use Thailand Allows Limited Recreational Use
News10 mins ago

Thailand is The 1st Asian Country To Legalise Marijuana For Medical & Limited Recreational Use

This is such a monumental move! On 25 January, ABC News reported that Thailand is the 1st country in Asia...

My Post 2022 01 26T121827.657 My Post 2022 01 26T121827.657
News1 hour ago

Another Turtle Found Dead On Terengganu Beach, Making It The 12th This Month Alone

Yet another turtle was found dead in Terengganu last night, making it the 12th poor turtle to perish this month...

Ft Jkm Ft Jkm
News1 hour ago

“The minister has no heart for us” – Rina Harun Slammed by OKU Groups Over Issues With JKMPay

A disability rights group has recently labelled Women, Family & Community Development Minister Datuk Seri Rina Harun as “heartless” following...

Collage 6 4 Collage 6 4
News2 hours ago

“He’s an expert” – Politician Defends Logging Remarks Made By Kelantan Forestry Department

Just recently, Kelantan Forestry Department claimed that logging is actually good for tiger population, following reports of sightings of a...

Ft Image Bullied For Girl Crush 1 1 Ft Image Bullied For Girl Crush 1 1
News20 hours ago

Student From Technical Institute in Melaka Punched For Having Crush on The Same Girl as His Bully

There are some moments in school which we will forever be fond of. But sometimes school can also be the...

Collage 3 4 Collage 3 4
News21 hours ago

PM Says Financial Aid For Flood Victims Is Delayed Due To Doubts In Verification Process

The government has allocated financial aid following the devastating disaster that hit parts of the country last month. However, some...

Ft Btc Ft Btc
News22 hours ago

Putrajaya: Illegal Bitcoin Mining Has Led to 400% Increase in Electricity Theft & RM2.3 BILLION in Losses

With the advancement of technology and the increasing use and demand for cryptocurrency and blockchain technology, some people have tried...

Logging Will Cause Tiger Population To Go Up Logging Will Cause Tiger Population To Go Up
News1 day ago

“Logging is good for tiger population”, Says Kelantan Forestry Department’s Director

Several tigers have shown up near some Orang Asli villages in Kelantan in the past few weeks. Netizens were saying...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY