Connect with us

News

Tan Sri Vincent Tan is Suing Kedah MB for RM200 Million & Wants Him to Apologise for Defamatory Remark

Published

Collage 1 4
Source: Bleacher Report & Facebook | Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

After getting arrested by PDRM last month in Mont Kiara, it seems that more challenges await the Menteri Besar of Kedah, Datuk Seri Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor.

It is reported that the founder of Berjaya Group, Tan Sri Vincent Tan has filed a lawsuit against Sanusi over a defamatory remark that he made recently regarding the Selangor Maritime Gate (SMG) project during a state election campaign. Vincent wants Sanusi to publicly apologise for the defamatory remark, withdraw the statement unconditionally and pay a compensation of RM200 million.

Hi Res 458335641 Cardiff City Owner Vincent Tan Attends The Barclays Crop Exact

If the Kedah MB fails to comply with Vincent’s demand by the end of today (August 8), a legal action will be taken against Sanusi.

According to the statement by Vincent’s legal team from Pierrie Chuah & Associates, Sanusi’s remark is clearly untrue, baseless, and bears ill intention towards Vincent and Berjaya Group. The tycoon also said that the slanderous statement made by Sanusi may tarnish the reputation, integrity of Berjaya Group and himself.

“These accusations have raised doubts and fueled suspicion for no reason about legitimate business ventures and philanthropic initiatives,” Vincent explained.

What exactly did Sanusi say?

During an election campaign in Kedah on August 2, Sanusi claimed that there is a scandal between the Menteri Besar of Selangor, Amirudin Shari and Vincent Tan who want to launch a RM10 billion project at the Klang River.

Screenshot 2023 08 08 131341

As a result, the tycoon will get over 600 acres of land in Selangor which will bring a loss of RM180 million to the government.

“Why is the tycoon getting 600 acres of land for free?”

A full live video of the campaign was shared on Sanusi’s Facebook page, which you can watch and listen to here.

At the time of writing, Sanusi has yet to respond to the matter. Do you think he will fulfill Vincent’s demand by EOD today?

 

Also read: Kedah MB Says the State Would’ve Been More Developed Than Selangor if KL is in Kedah

Collage 15

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Collage 24 Collage 24
News13 hours ago

Plot Twist: ASEAN Records Exposes Fake Letter & Unregistered NGO After Allegations Go Viral

The Malaysia-based private record recognition platform found itself at the centre of controversy after a letter allegedly from the ASEAN...

Dd Ft 7 Dd Ft 7
News16 hours ago

Married 42yo Seremban Teacher Charged with Grooming & Sexually Abusing Her 14yo Student Under Tree, In House

A 42-year-old Malaysian teacher has pleaded not guilty to five counts of sexual offences against her 14-year-old male student. Nurul...

Collage 26 Collage 26
News16 hours ago

“They are brave individuals” – All 29 Malaysian Global Sumud Flotilla Activists Have Been Kidnapped by Israel

Hope that humanitarian aid would finally reach the people of Gaza appeared to collapse on Tuesday night (19 May) after...

Dd Ft 6 Dd Ft 6
News18 hours ago

M’sian Woman in Her 80s Drives Against Traffic on PJ Highway While Trying to Find Exit, Gets Arrested

A video of a vehicle driving against the flow of traffic at KM10.8 of the Damansara-Shah Alam Elevated Expressway (DASH)...

Collage 25 Collage 25
News19 hours ago

“Unintentional mistake” – Health Dept Apologises & Clarifies Chinese-Language Dengue Card at KL Govt Clinic

The Federal Territories Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya Health Department (JKWPKL&P) has issued an apology following controversy surrounding the use of...

Dd Ft 5 Dd Ft 5
News2 days ago

Melaka Teens as Young as 14 Assault & Strangle Female E-Hailing Driver After Failing to Pay Ride Fare

A female e-hailing driver went through a terrifying ordeal after being beaten by a group of passengers who were suspected...

Dd Ft 3 Dd Ft 3
News3 days ago

MARA Chairman Slams Netizens for Belittling Cadet Pilot Programme Prioritising Tahfiz Students

Recently, Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) announced its decision to offer Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Tahfiz students the opportunity...

Collage 17 Collage 17
News7 days ago

“Sg Buloh Prison is overcrowded” – Lawyer Urges Court to Release Trio Who Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery on Bail

Three men accused of assaulting a long-haired man at a bak kut teh shop in Kepong were charged in the...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY