Tired of having slow aircon at home but not willing to break a bank to fix it?
We got you! On 16 May, Facebook user, Khairul Azwan shared how he cleaned and fixed his air conditioner himself instead of hiring someone to do it for him. Before you start, you need these tools:
- A clean brush (for better result, use vacuum)
- An air conditioner cleaner (can get this at your nearest DIY)
- A clean cloth
- A ladder
Khairul then shared the simple steps to get your air cond back to its fully functional condition again.
- First, turn off your air cond and open the filter cover and the cooling coil. Pull both sides upwards and remove the outer casing. To remove the outer casing, you need to undo the screws that you find on both sides and slowly adjust them so you can remove them safely.
2. Once removed, open the air flaps by pushing the flap backwards to get it out from the holder. Start with the centre part of the flap, followed by the left side. Also, be careful not to break them!
3. Next, you need to clean the cooling coil as that aspect is what slows down your air cond’s performance. Once the outer casing is removed, remove the room temperature sensor as well, so it will be easier to clean the cooling coil.
4. Open the adjustable air flaps but note that it differs for every brand. For Sharp users, all you need to do is just push the clips upward. Also, be very careful not to break them since they are fragile.
5. Once you see the blower, gently clean all the dust with a clean brush. For a better result, use a vacuum or an air cond cleaner.
6. Once cleaned, try and switch it back on to see whether your air cond is functioning at an improved speed.
7. Finally, assemble all the outer parts together just like how you took them apart. Make sure to clean it up first before assembling them back together and put the filter cover back into its place. And there you have it, your “brand new” air cond!
Would you try this hack? Let us know in the comment section!
MAIWP-Owned Grocery Stores Will Offer Free Sanitary Pads To Help Combat Period Poverty
With so many livelihoods affected by the pandemic, the price of a pack of sanitary pads can be costly for...
KPJ Selangor Initiates Programme To Help Bedridden Patients & The Elderly Get Vaccinated
As the National Covid-19 Immunisation Programme (PICK) is gearing up for the second phase which focuses on high-risk groups and...
JUST IN: PM To Announce National Recovery Plan At 5pm Today (15 June)
Malaysian Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin has taken to his Facebook page to share that he will be having...
“If they complain, it means they installed games” Says Perak Govt On Phones Given To B40 Students
Since the implementation of FMCO, students have started studying from home again. So it’s a given that students will need...
PDRM Tracking Down Trader Who Tried To Record PBT Officer On Duty To ‘Garner Sympathy’
Police are looking into a video that has been circulating online, showcasing a scuffle between a Pasir Mas local authority...
Social Stories6 hours ago
“Call me Master, B*tch” 26yo Malaysian Exposes Boss For Alleged Sexual Harassment
Social Stories13 hours ago
M’sian Calls Out Couple For Taking Advantage of Free Care Packs From Multiple NGOs
News12 hours ago
38 Wives, 89 Kids, 36 Grandkids, Alleged Father Of ‘World’s Largest Family’ Dies Aged 76
News10 hours ago
Disabled Man In Penang Killed After Suspect Knocks Him While Running Away From Police