Tired of having slow aircon at home but not willing to break a bank to fix it?
We got you! On 16 May, Facebook user, Khairul Azwan shared how he cleaned and fixed his air conditioner himself instead of hiring someone to do it for him. Before you start, you need these tools:
- A clean brush (for better result, use vacuum)
- An air conditioner cleaner (can get this at your nearest DIY)
- A clean cloth
- A ladder
Khairul then shared the simple steps to get your air cond back to its fully functional condition again.
- First, turn off your air cond and open the filter cover and the cooling coil. Pull both sides upwards and remove the outer casing. To remove the outer casing, you need to undo the screws that you find on both sides and slowly adjust them so you can remove them safely.
2. Once removed, open the air flaps by pushing the flap backwards to get it out from the holder. Start with the centre part of the flap, followed by the left side. Also, be careful not to break them!
3. Next, you need to clean the cooling coil as that aspect is what slows down your air cond’s performance. Once the outer casing is removed, remove the room temperature sensor as well, so it will be easier to clean the cooling coil.
4. Open the adjustable air flaps but note that it differs for every brand. For Sharp users, all you need to do is just push the clips upward. Also, be very careful not to break them since they are fragile.
5. Once you see the blower, gently clean all the dust with a clean brush. For a better result, use a vacuum or an air cond cleaner.
6. Once cleaned, try and switch it back on to see whether your air cond is functioning at an improved speed.
7. Finally, assemble all the outer parts together just like how you took them apart. Make sure to clean it up first before assembling them back together and put the filter cover back into its place. And there you have it, your “brand new” air cond!
Would you try this hack? Let us know in the comment section!
Youth & Sports Minister Will Meet BAM To Suggest a Lift on The Ban Imposed on Lee Zii Jia
Just last week, the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) announced that Lee Zii Jia will not be registered for any...
Yet Another Green Turtle Found Dead In Terengganu, The 11th Carcass This Month Alone!
January 2022 is proving to be one of the deadliest months for green turtles in Terengganu as today, another carcass...
Perhilitan Warns M’sians To NEVER Share Wildlife Sightings Video To Protect Them From Poachers
The Terengganu Department of Wildlife and National Parks (Perhilitan) director, Loo Kean Seong has advised members of the public to...
PM: Government Will NOT Be Enforcing Another Nationwide MCO
The Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob gave an assurance that no Movement Control Order (MCO) nationwide will be...
YDPA Warded In IJN Due To Leg Injury Since Yesterday
The Yang di-Pertuan Agong Sultan Abdullah Sultan Ahmad Shah has been warded at the royal ward of the National Heart...
Student In UK Gets Covid-19 For The Fourth Time
The deadly virus has not been easy on all of us. A female student named Wharton from the UK was...
PM: Teachers And KEMAS Staff Are Allowed To Be Involved In Politics Effective Immediately
The government decided to allow teachers and staff of the Training Institute of the Community Development Department (KEMAS) to be...
Johor MB Announces DUN’s Dissolution, State Elections To Be Held Soon
The Menteri Besar of Johor, Datuk Hasni Mohammad has just announced that the Sultan of Johor, Sultan Ibrahim Sultan Iskandar...
Social Stories18 hours ago
M’sian Car Club Slammed For Stopping Convoy On Highway’s Emergency Lanes To Take Photos
Social Stories20 hours ago
“Badminton is my only skill, how will I survive?” – Goh Jin Wei Questions BAM on 2-Year Ban
Social Stories18 hours ago
“Rent a boyfriend for CNY” – M’sian Promotes Himself as a Boyfriend-To-Rent in Over The Top Presentation
Social Stories15 hours ago
“Lee Zii Jia, Malaysia stands with you” – M’sian Rallies For Lee Zii Jia Instead During Azam Baki Protest