This is so sad! A nine-month-old baby boy recently died at a daycare centre in Kupang, Kedah after he ate some mashed apple puree given to him by one of the nannies there.
According to Sinar Harian, the incident happened at 9.15am yesterday (April 8) when Muhammad Fawwaz Mohd. Fadlan, the victim, was fed with some apple puree at one of the corridors at the centre. He suddenly started crying because he wanted to follow the caretaker’s supervisor in the centre while another was feeding him with the apples.
He was crying really loudly while the food was still in his mouth when he suddenly fell unconscious, which shocked the caretakers at the centre. They quickly took him to the clinic in Kupang where he was still breathing and they referred him to Hospital Baling. Sadly, when the baby arrived at the hospital, he was pronounced dead on the scene and preliminary checks showed that there were no wounds or bruises on his body.
Meanwhile, Fawwaz’s parents said that they were devastated by the loss of their youngest son but accepted his death, Utusan reported. Munirah Abd. Rahman, 38, said that she was teaching at school when the incident happened and did not hear her phone ring.
She said that she had been sending all six of her children to the same centre with no issues and was notified of her child’s death when one of her colleagues told her. Apparently, the daycare centre had called her colleague when they couldn’t reach Munirah.
Munirah said, “I was told that my son was fed with apples that had been cut and mashed, and this same food was fed to one of the nannies’ children who is the same age as my son. My son’s teeth had not come out yet so maybe when he was trying to chew the apples he swallowed it directly. The caretaker thought that my son had choked on the apples but when she tried to dig it out from his throat, there was nothing inside.”
The police said that the baby’s body has been sent to Hospital Sultanah Bahiyah in Alor Setar for an autopsy and the case has been classified as sudden death.
Be careful about the food that little ones can take and only feed them what is suitable!
JUST IN: Swimming Pools Are Now Allowed To Be Open For Water Sports Training
Minister of Defence, Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri bin Yaakob has just announced in a live broadcast that swimming pools will...
JUST IN: Resorts World Genting Confirms That They Will Be Reopening Starting 19th June!
Guys, this is not a drill. Genting Highlands will officially be reopening by this weekend to the public after an extended closure due...
JUST IN: Setapak Barber Confirmed Positive For Covid-19, 40 Close Contact Cases Identified
In an update from the case of a barber in Setapak allegedly testing positive for Covid-19, our Health Director-General Dr...
JUST IN: Barber in Setapak Suspected To Be Positive For Covid-19 Only After 2 Days of Opening Barbershop
UPDATE: Health Director-General Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah has come forward to mention that the barber’s diagnosis has not been officially...
BREAKING: SPM & STPM Students Will Return To School By 24th June
In his latest live telecast to the Malaysian public, Education Minister Dr. Mohd Radzi bin Md Jidin has announced that...
Tired Of Comparing Prices On Different Websites? This ONE App Helps You Do That, Gives You Cashback & MORE
Nowadays, more and more Malaysians would prefer to do their shopping online rather than in physical stores. This is because...
Stronger, Faster & Smarter: Here’s Why M’sians Can’t Wait to Get the HUAWEI P40 Pro+ Dropping This Friday!
In case you didn’t know, we’re just a couple of days away from the launch of the HUAWEI P40 Pro+...
The New Normal Reveals 6 Things M’sians Do That Unknowingly Help Spread Germs & Bacteria Faster
Life has been a lot more different since the Movement Control Order (MCO) was implemented on 18 March 2020, almost...
- News23 hours ago
Beware: Some Sellers Are Pricing Durians Based On the Car You Drive
- News22 hours ago
Watch: Sabah Kids Swimming and Having Fun With A CROCODILE In the River
- News22 hours ago
Trump’s Independence Day Party Was… Very Quiet
- Culture24 hours ago
Ex-National Footballer Khalid Jamlus Is Selling Off His ‘Golden Boot’ Award To Survive Financially