Connect with us

News

Adham Baba Says No Action Will Be Taken Against Contract Doctors, Promises Amendments To Acts

Published

Dr Adham Baba
Source: Astro Awani & info.semasa | Facebook

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr Adham Baba assured that no disciplinary action would be taken against any doctor or contract health officer who took part in the #HartalDoktorKontrak walkout on 26 July, and added that contract doctors had the right to voice their views.

“Insya Allah, there will be no action against them even though they went out for a demonstration yesterday,” he said during a parliamentary session on 27 July.

222550814 356037665932001 7744739012977189920 N

He said this in response to a question from former Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr Dzulkefly Ahmad on whether the Ministry of Health (KKM) will take action against the contract doctors involved in the demonstration which was carried out in a peaceful manner while following Covid-19 standard operating procedures (SOP).

Dr Adham Baba added that the government had prepared short and medium-term plans, including extending the two-year contract term, to enable KKM to table amendments to the Pension Act 1980 and the Medical Act 1971, reported BERNAMA.

He explained that the amendments would allow contract doctors to obtain permanent positions with the pension method or the Employees Provident Fund (EPF) contribution option.

“I promise to bring them (amendments to the act) to Parliament so that we can help them (contract officers). I hope for the support of the Honourable Members so that it can be discussed (to be amended) and approved so that the contract doctors can be properly protected,” he said.

71627277356 Doctors

Previously, Malaysians were enraged after PDRM opened an investigation against the movement, especially the one at Hospital Kuala Lumpur, due to the SOP of no public gatherings being allowed during the MCO period.

“No gatherings no matter religious, social, sports, marriage or culture is not allowed without obtaining the Health Director-General’s permission,” Dang Wangi District Police Chief, Assistant Commissioner Mohamad Zainal Abdullah said.

71627274448 Doktorkontraktu

On Monday (26 July), hundreds of contract doctors and medical officers nationwide staged a walkout to express dissatisfaction with the government.

Their walkout was conducted with careful prior planning and the doctors made sure their respective stations were covered before they went out for their protest at 11am.

 

Also read: “Remember the oath we made” Health DG Urges Contract Doctors Not To Go On Strike

Dr Noor Hisham

Source: Astro Awani
Source: Astro Awani

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Dd Ft 3 Dd Ft 3
News23 hours ago

MARA Chairman Slams Netizens for Belittling Cadet Pilot Programme Prioritising Tahfiz Students

Recently, Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) announced its decision to offer Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Tahfiz students the opportunity...

Collage 17 Collage 17
News5 days ago

“Sg Buloh Prison is overcrowded” – Lawyer Urges Court to Release Trio Who Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery on Bail

Three men accused of assaulting a long-haired man at a bak kut teh shop in Kepong were charged in the...

Collage 2 2 Collage 2 2
News5 days ago

“Shoot them if they evade arrest” – Kedah MB Urges Extreme Measures Against Langkawi Drug Syndicate

Kedah Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor has urged police to take firm, and even “extreme”, measures to...

Collage 15 Collage 15
News6 days ago

Jho Low Seeks Presidential Pardon from Donald Trump to Drop His 1MDB Criminal Charges in the US

Fugitive Malaysian businessman Low Taek Jho, better known as Jho Low, has reportedly applied for a presidential pardon from former...

Collage 14 Collage 14
News7 days ago

19yo M’sian Student Charged with Murder of Woman Found with 61 Stab Wounds, Faces Death Penalty

A college student has been charged at the Kota Bharu Magistrate’s Court today with the murder of 19-year-old Nurfisya Zulkifly...

Collage 13 Collage 13
News1 week ago

PDRM: Several Individuals, Believed to be Drunk, Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery for ‘Glaring’ at Them

A man was assaulted by a group of individuals after reportedly looking in their direction while dining at a restaurant...

Collage 11 Collage 11
News2 weeks ago

PDRM: 11yo Student Who Fell from Melaka School Was Retrieving Peer’s Shoe He Had Thrown on Awning

Police have confirmed that an incident involving a Standard 5 male student, who was injured after falling from a garage...

Collage 9 Collage 9
News2 weeks ago

11yo Falls From Melaka School Building While Retrieving Shoe Allegedly Thrown Onto Awning by a Peer

A Standard Five male student from a primary school in Batu Berendam, Melaka, was injured after falling from the first-floor...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY