Connect with us

News

8 Chinese Tourists Quarantined in Johor, Travelled with Wuhan Virus Patient in S’pore

Published

8 Chinese Tourists Quarantined In Johor, Travelled Together With Wuhan Virus Patient In S'Pore - World Of Buzz 1
Source: Asia Times / Straits Times

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

The Deputy Health Minister, Dr Lee Boon Chye has informed that eight Chinese nationals who were travelling in Singapore together with the man who had been tested positive for the Wuhan coronavirus in Singapore have been quarantined in a Johor hotel.

8 Travelling Companions Of Man Who Tested Positive For Wuhan Virus In S'pore Quarantined In Johor - World Of Buzz

Source: sinar harian

Lee said that eight of them have arrived in Malaysia last night (January 23rd) and they have been separated from other people. A team of health officials are monitoring the group of quarantined travellers. According to Astro Awani, Lee reassures the public that Malaysia is free from Wuhan virus for now.

He added, “They are being monitored, they are isolated in a hotel and they will be monitored at least one week. They are not patients, they are being observed to see whether they have developed the symptoms or not, just in case since they have contacts with the confirmed case in Singapore. So far, none.”

8 Travelling Companions Of Man Who Tested Positive For Wuhan Virus In S'pore Quarantined In Johor - World Of Buzz 1

Source: today online

He said that previously, there were four suspected cases of Wuhan virus in Malaysia but all four of them have been thoroughly tested. Based on the tests, it has been confirmed that all four of the cases are free from the deadly Wuhan virus.

Lee explained that the ministry would continuously take preventative measures and improve health screenings at the borders entering Malaysia to prevent any cases of Wuhan virus in the country. Yesterday, Singapore confirmed the first case of Wuhan virus in the country when one Chinese national tourist tested positive.

The 66-year-old, who is from Wuhan entered the country with nine other travellers on Monday (January 20) and had stayed at the Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa Resort. The group were reported to have left Singapore after that.

Hopefully, the situation will be controlled and Malaysia will remain free of the Wuhan virus! 

 

Also read: Wuhan Has Turned Into a Ghost Town After City Put Into Lock Down, Residents Crying for Help

Wuhan Has Turned Into A Ghost Town After City Put Into Lock Down, Residents Crying For Help - World Of Buzz 5

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Dd Ft 3 Dd Ft 3
News21 hours ago

MARA Chairman Slams Netizens for Belittling Cadet Pilot Programme Prioritising Tahfiz Students

Recently, Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) announced its decision to offer Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Tahfiz students the opportunity...

Collage 17 Collage 17
News5 days ago

“Sg Buloh Prison is overcrowded” – Lawyer Urges Court to Release Trio Who Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery on Bail

Three men accused of assaulting a long-haired man at a bak kut teh shop in Kepong were charged in the...

Collage 2 2 Collage 2 2
News5 days ago

“Shoot them if they evade arrest” – Kedah MB Urges Extreme Measures Against Langkawi Drug Syndicate

Kedah Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor has urged police to take firm, and even “extreme”, measures to...

Collage 15 Collage 15
News6 days ago

Jho Low Seeks Presidential Pardon from Donald Trump to Drop His 1MDB Criminal Charges in the US

Fugitive Malaysian businessman Low Taek Jho, better known as Jho Low, has reportedly applied for a presidential pardon from former...

Collage 14 Collage 14
News7 days ago

19yo M’sian Student Charged with Murder of Woman Found with 61 Stab Wounds, Faces Death Penalty

A college student has been charged at the Kota Bharu Magistrate’s Court today with the murder of 19-year-old Nurfisya Zulkifly...

Collage 13 Collage 13
News7 days ago

PDRM: Several Individuals, Believed to be Drunk, Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery for ‘Glaring’ at Them

A man was assaulted by a group of individuals after reportedly looking in their direction while dining at a restaurant...

Collage 11 Collage 11
News2 weeks ago

PDRM: 11yo Student Who Fell from Melaka School Was Retrieving Peer’s Shoe He Had Thrown on Awning

Police have confirmed that an incident involving a Standard 5 male student, who was injured after falling from a garage...

Collage 9 Collage 9
News2 weeks ago

11yo Falls From Melaka School Building While Retrieving Shoe Allegedly Thrown Onto Awning by a Peer

A Standard Five male student from a primary school in Batu Berendam, Melaka, was injured after falling from the first-floor...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY