The blood bank at our national blood centre (Pusat Darah Negara) is running out of O positive blood type and the Ministry of Health is urging blood donors for help.
Panggilan kepada penderma darah O Positif untuk tampil menderma darah.
Derma darah, selamatkan nyawa.
Terima kasih daun keladi.
Andalah wira Malaysia. pic.twitter.com/rf9kLapxzl
— PusatDarahNegara (@PDNKKM) July 30, 2020
Pusat Darah Negara posted on Twitter that they are open for donations from 30th July to 2nd August 2020 at these locations:
Pusat Darah Negara, Jalan Tun Razak
- 30th July (Thursday) – 7.30am – 6.00pm
- 31st July to 2nd August (Friday to Sunday) – 8.00am – 6.00pm
Pusat Darah Negara Donation Suite, Midvalley Megamall
Opening hours: 30th July to 2nd August (Friday to Sunday) – 10.00am to 9.00pm
Suite Derma Darah Puspanita, Presint 10 Putrajaya
Opening hours: 30th July to 2nd August (Friday to Sunday) – 10.00am to 6.00pm
According to MyHealth, these are the requirements you need to fulfill if you plan to become a Whole Blood Donor:
- Aged between 18 and 60 years old (for those less than 18, written consent from parents or legal guardian is required).
- Body weight of at least 45 kg.
- In good physical and mental health with no chronic medical illness.
- Not on long term medications and has not been intoxicated by alcohol within 24 hours prior to donation.
- Should not be fasting and have had enough sleep (more than 5 hours) the night before donating.
- Has been staying in Malaysia for at least one year (for non-citizen).
If you’re a positive O blood type and you fulfill all the requirements listen above, please consider becoming a blood donor as you could save many lives who need it.
Govt: Misleading Ads Are Prohibited, Action Can Be Taken Against Advertisers
Have you ever saw a food ad, got tempted by it how awesome it looks, went to buy the food...
Malaysian Couple Who Rescues Injured Animals Seeks To Get Rid Of Social Stigma Surrounding Dogs
For the past eight years, 28-year-old Nurul Ain Abdul Hamid and her husband, Muhammad Razeef Che Samah, have been rescuing...
Malaysian Exposed By UK Tabloid For Intl Human Organ Trading Arrested in Kuching
The man who was recently exposed by The Sun in the UK for illegally selling human organs in the international...
Limit on Hiring Foreign Workers In Malaysia To Be Lifted, But Local Workers Should Be Prioritised
On 29 July, it was made official that foreign workers are limited to working in only three sectors which are...
“I Thought It Was A Doll!” Shocked Passerby Finds Body Of Baby With Umbilical Cord Still Intact In Sabah
Disclaimer: Graphic images, viewer discretion is advised. The body of a poor little baby boy was found after he was...
- Current Affairs16 hours ago
4-year-old Kedah Girl Dies After Father Forgets and Leaves Her In The Car For 10 Hours
- News17 hours ago
M’sian Reveals How He Got Kicked Out Of Rented Subang Unit Once Owner Found Out He Was Indian
- News13 hours ago
Woman Denied Entrance Into Kuala Lumpur Library For Wearing A “Revealing Blouse”
- Current Affairs14 hours ago
Pharmaceutical Company, Pfizer, Is Reported To Have Successfully Produced A Vaccine for Covid-19