Prime Minister Muhyiddin has just announced that Movement Control Order (MCO) will be implemented in certain states for 2 weeks starting on 13 January. Malaysians have been waiting with much anticipation for the announcement and it has finally been revealed. Let’s not forget the other important details that our PM have addressed that would hopefully be an effective approach in reducing the number of Covid-19 cases that have been on a constant rise.
If you weren’t paying attention to his speech, worry not! We’ve got it summarized! Here is what you need to know:
1. Movement Control Order to take effect on 13 January at 12am involving six states: Pulau Pinang, Selangor, Wilayah Persekutuan (Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya & Labuan), Melaka, Johor and Sabah.
2. Conditional Movement Control Order to be implemented in six states: Pahang, Perak, Negeri Sembilan, Kedah, Terengganu, Kelantan.
3. Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) will be implemented in two states: Perlis and Sarawak.
4. Interstate travel is banned nationwide. MCO areas, interdistrict travel is also not allowed.
5. States under MCO, movements are limited to a 10-kilometre radius. Only for purpose of buying essentials.
6. Two members of a family are allowed to be in a vehicle at a time for states undergoing MCO.
7. States under MCO can only take away food from restaurants or opt for food delivery services. Absolutely no dine-in allowed.
8. States under CMCO and RMCO can dine-in and take away food, following strict SOPs.
9. Social activities (weddings, conferences, religious precessions, meetings, seminars & courses, team sports) in MCO states are NOT allowed, only essential economic sectors can operate.
10. States under MCO, only five essential economic sectors are allowed to operate: manufacturing, construction, service, trade and plantations and commodities.
11. Work from home strictly enforced for all sectors that are not under essential economic sectors.
Stay tuned for more updates!
6 Arrested For Whacking & Throwing Objects At Man At Cheras Petrol Station
Six men were arrested for beating up a motorcyclist at a petrol station at Batu 9, Cheras at 4am on...
Sabah Siblings Arrested for Fleeing With Father’s Body From Hospital Quarantine Centre
Four siblings were arrested by the police in Kampung Panji, Lahad Datu after they took their deceased father’s body back...
MCO: Sibu Man Fined For Fishing While Family of 3 Fined For Travelling Together
A 39-year-old man was fined RM1,000 after he was found fishing in a ‘ditch’ at Jalan Kemuyang during the Movement...
Kluang Man Smashes Car Windows With Helmet After Hotel Tells Him They’re Fully Booked
A 33-year-old man was arrested for smashing the windows of several cars with a helmet after he was unable to...
PDRM Launches Investigation Into Patients Seen Gambling In Quarantine Centre
Recently, there have been many videos showing the activities of patients at the MAEPS quarantine centre which are going viral....
Social Stories21 hours ago
“Best home quarantine ever” Nazri Aziz’s Wife Posts Video On Beach After Testing Positive For Covid-19
Social Stories21 hours ago
“Not everyone lives in luxury condos” Man Reveals Why Some M’sians Are Against MCO 2.0
Opinion19 hours ago
“I’m losing my 20s to a pandemic” Malaysian Youth Share Their Worries About The Future
Social Stories18 hours ago
M’sian Father Lets 9yo Doodle Art On His Car, Netizens Applaud Him For Being A Supportive Parent