In these dangerous times, women should always prepare themselves by learning martial arts or keeping an emergency number on their phone, especially if they are a victim of marital abuse.
Cases of marriage abuse are becoming increasingly common, and we often hear of women who are victims of mental and physical abuse in their marriage. If you’re a personal victim of abuse or know anyone who is currently in an abusive household, here are some ways to prevent domestic violence.
According to KKM, under the Domestic Violence Act 1994, victims of abuse can report their cases to the Social Welfare Department (JKM) and PDRM to obtain the following orders:
Interim Protection Order (IPO)
- This order is given to victims while waiting for the police to investigate the case.
Protection Order (PO)
- This order is given when the victim still needs protection. It is released after legal actions are taken under the penal code where the suspect is accused of doing wrong. The order can be enforced for 12 months.
- Gives the victim the right to live exclusively in their own residence and orders the abuser to leave the house, even if it belongs to the abuser or if the abuser is paying rent.
- Provide victims with facilities to enter the residence to take their belongings accompanied by the police or community welfare officers.
- Prevent the abuser from contacting the victim through written means or by calling the victim.
- Directing the abuser to hand over a vehicle if it has been used by the victim the whole time.
- Provide compensation that measures up to the injury or any damage or loss suffered by the victim.
If victims need help from registered agencies to help protect them and their children from domestic violence, here is a list of agencies they can contact:
- Social Welfare Department (JKM)
- Police station
- Religious office
- Legal Aid Department
- Women’s Aid Organization (WAO) – Phone 03-79563488 or 018-9888058
- All Women Action Society (AWAM) – Call 03-78774221 or 016-2374221
- Women Crisis Center (WCC) – Phone 04-2280342 or 011-31084001
- Befrienders – Phone 03-76272929
Hopefully, those who are victims of abuse can receive proper protection and assistance with this information. We hope this helps victims out there to reach out and voice out their suffering.
If you know anyone that needs this information, do share this article with them. Share your thoughts with us in the comments!
PM: Stern Action Against Anti-Vaxxers Is Not To Put Them Into Hardships, But To Protect The Nation
“I’m sorry to say, but trouble awaits you if you refused to get vaccinated.” That was the warning given by...
Najib Will Be Joining Rosmah In Singapore As Court of Appeal Temporarily Releases His Passport
Last Friday, the Kuala Lumpur High Court allowed the application of Datuk Seri Najib Razak’s wife, Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor,...
A Police Officer Commits Suicide In Muar, Believed To Have Shot Himself In The Neck
A police officer in Muar had committed suicide in his own vehicle today. According to the media statement of the...
All R&Rs Nationwide Allowed To Operate 24 Hours, Cyber Cafes Can Now Open In Phase 3 & 4 States
With inter-state travel now allowed in Malaysia, the Prime Minister on Friday (15 October 2021) announced that all rest and...
The Sinopharm Vaccine Is Now Available At Private Clinics & Hospitals Across M’sia
A new vaccine brand, the Sinopharm Covid-19 vaccine is now available in Malaysia. According to Duopharma Biotech in a statement...
A Meteorite Nearly Crashed Onto A Woman’s Bed While She Was Asleep
A woman was nearly struck by a meteorite that fell on the roof of her home in Canada recently. The...
Khairy: Various Difficulties Await Anti-vaxxers & This Will Continue Until They Get Vaccinated
The government will take a stern approach against those who refuse to receive Covid-19 vaccines by continuing to impose various...
Durian Smell Causes Anxiety Among Canberra Residents Who Thought It Was A Gas Leak
Durian is a controversial fruit. Some hate it, and some love it to bits. However, everyone can agree that the...
Lifestyle23 hours ago
Aeon Big 3 Damansara To Close Permanently, Last Day On 31 October
Social Stories20 hours ago
M’sian Dota 2 Player Leads His Team To The Grand Finals Of TI10 To Potentially Win RM75.6 Million!
Social Stories10 hours ago
M’sian Dota 2 Pro ‘NothingToSay’ & Team Narrowly Lose TI10 Grand Finals, Wins RM21.6 MILLION
Social Stories18 hours ago
Drunk British Man In S’pore Shouts “F**k off you can’t arrest me” At Local Police, Gets Arrested