On 8th August, a two-year-old boy from Qingdao, China, saw a pack of pipe cleaning powder and put it into his mouth as he thought it was candy. His family wasn’t paying attention to him at the time, but when the mother saw what he did, she immediately flushed the white powder out of his mouth with water.
However, she didn’t expect that the powder and water mixture began corroding the boy’s mouth!
Six hours after the boy had consumed the powder, his mouth started feeling extremely painful and his mood worsened by the minute. Feeling that something wasn’t right, his parents quickly took him to the hospital after several clinics said they couldn’t help him, reported China Press.
The doctor examined the boy’s tongue, gums, palate and all parts of his mouth, and found that the mucosa – the moist tissue that lines certain parts of the inside of your body – was severely damaged and had turned white and yellow in colour!
It is known that pipe cleaning powders have a high level of alkalinity, and when mixed with water, heat is released in order to corrode stubborn stains, dissolve oil and remove other organic matter found in pipelines.
So, when the boy’s mother hurriedly made her son gargle water after he put the powder in his mouth, the powder reacted with the water and released a lot of heat. This caused a large area of the inside of his mouth to be corroded with burns on his mucosa.
The boy had also accidentally swallowed the liquid mixture which caused burns in his throat, esophagus and digestive tract!
Fortunately, the doctors were able to treat the infection and inflammation, and the boy’s condition gradually improved over time.
The boy must’ve been in a lot of pain! Luckily the doctors were able to treat him before it was too late.
JUST IN: Swimming Pools Are Now Allowed To Be Open For Water Sports Training
Minister of Defence, Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri bin Yaakob has just announced in a live broadcast that swimming pools will...
JUST IN: Resorts World Genting Confirms That They Will Be Reopening Starting 19th June!
Guys, this is not a drill. Genting Highlands will officially be reopening by this weekend to the public after an extended closure due...
JUST IN: Setapak Barber Confirmed Positive For Covid-19, 40 Close Contact Cases Identified
In an update from the case of a barber in Setapak allegedly testing positive for Covid-19, our Health Director-General Dr...
JUST IN: Barber in Setapak Suspected To Be Positive For Covid-19 Only After 2 Days of Opening Barbershop
UPDATE: Health Director-General Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah has come forward to mention that the barber’s diagnosis has not been officially...
BREAKING: SPM & STPM Students Will Return To School By 24th June
In his latest live telecast to the Malaysian public, Education Minister Dr. Mohd Radzi bin Md Jidin has announced that...
7 Activities Malaysians Can FINALLY Do Again Now That The MCO Is Slowly Being Lifted
It wasn’t very long ago when the Malaysian government issued the Movement Control Order (MCO) and put its citizens under...
Tired Of Comparing Prices On Different Websites? This ONE App Helps You Do That, Gives You Cashback & MORE
Nowadays, more and more Malaysians would prefer to do their shopping online rather than in physical stores. This is because...
Stronger, Faster & Smarter: Here’s Why M’sians Can’t Wait to Get the HUAWEI P40 Pro+ Dropping This Friday!
In case you didn’t know, we’re just a couple of days away from the launch of the HUAWEI P40 Pro+...
- Current Affairs7 hours ago
Did You Know Malaysia Has Two ‘Princesses’ Detained For 13 Years? Here’s Their Bizarre Story
- Current Affairs7 hours ago
If You’re Flying AirAsia During RMCO, Take Note Of Their New Baggage Policy!
- News8 hours ago
Malaysian Teacher Openly Promotes Rape Culture, Apologises Saying It Was Not His Intention
- News9 hours ago
Watch: Motorcyclist Sees Woman On Kepong Street, Reverses & Snatches Her Necklace