Connect with us

News

Wisma Putra Confirms That Malaysia Is No Longer Part of The Rome Statute

Published

Wisma Putra Confirms That Malaysia Is No Longer Part Of The Rome Statute - World Of Buzz 2
Source: The Star The World Atlas

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

It’s official, guys, we are no longer a part of Rome Statute!

Yesterday (15th May), The Star reported that Malaysia was still listed as a member of the Rome Statute treaty on the International Criminal Court’s (ICC) website. Therefore, Malaysia has reached out to the United Nations for an explanation on the latest status on our removal as a signatory of the Rome Statute. The Foreign Ministry was quoted as saying,

“The UN resident coordinator in Malaysia will be asked to explain to the ministry today (May 15) on the process (of withdrawal) and our latest status following the withdrawal.”

“We are disappointed that Malaysia is still named as a member nation of the treaty in the UN website.”

Riru2801

Source: the star

Following that, the latest update from Wisma Putra confirmed that Malaysia is no longer part of the Rome Statute. The statement, which was shared via Twitter read,

“…the Government of Malaysia has decided to withdraw its instrument of accession to the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court on 5 April 2019. Malaysia, therefore, is rescinding its letter of accession and that this withdrawal should take effect immediately.”

Having said that, Malaysia is still committed to the rule of law as it is in line with the new government’s policies. The letter sent to the United Nations announcing our withdrawal said that the government will take serious action against “perpetrators of genocide, crimes against humanity, war crimes and crimes of aggression”.

You can read the entire statement below:

Earlier this month, a rally was organised by a coalition of several Muslim groups to protest against Malaysia joining the Rome Statute because they were afraid that the treaty would jeopardise the position of our royalty and Islam. In April 2019, Malaysia withdrew from the international treaty due to “political confusion”, reported The Star.

Well, it looks like we are officially removed from the Rome Statute. What is your take on our withdrawal from the Rome Statute? Fire away in the comments below!

 

Also read: Tun M Affirms Royalty Not Above The Law for Seditious Remarks, TMJ Says “Bring It On”

Tun M: Tmj Isn't Above The Law, He Can Held Accountable For Seditious Remarks - World Of Buzz

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Collage 24 Collage 24
News6 hours ago

Plot Twist: ASEAN Records Exposes Fake Letter & Unregistered NGO After Allegations Go Viral

The Malaysia-based private record recognition platform found itself at the centre of controversy after a letter allegedly from the ASEAN...

Dd Ft 7 Dd Ft 7
News8 hours ago

Married 42yo Seremban Teacher Charged with Grooming & Sexually Abusing Her 14yo Student Under Tree, In House

A 42-year-old Malaysian teacher has pleaded not guilty to five counts of sexual offences against her 14-year-old male student. Nurul...

Collage 26 Collage 26
News9 hours ago

“They are brave individuals” – All 29 Malaysian Global Sumud Flotilla Activists Have Been Kidnapped by Israel

Hope that humanitarian aid would finally reach the people of Gaza appeared to collapse on Tuesday night (19 May) after...

Dd Ft 6 Dd Ft 6
News11 hours ago

M’sian Woman in Her 80s Drives Against Traffic on PJ Highway While Trying to Find Exit, Gets Arrested

A video of a vehicle driving against the flow of traffic at KM10.8 of the Damansara-Shah Alam Elevated Expressway (DASH)...

Collage 25 Collage 25
News11 hours ago

“Unintentional mistake” – Health Dept Apologises & Clarifies Chinese-Language Dengue Card at KL Govt Clinic

The Federal Territories Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya Health Department (JKWPKL&P) has issued an apology following controversy surrounding the use of...

Dd Ft 5 Dd Ft 5
News1 day ago

Melaka Teens as Young as 14 Assault & Strangle Female E-Hailing Driver After Failing to Pay Ride Fare

A female e-hailing driver went through a terrifying ordeal after being beaten by a group of passengers who were suspected...

Dd Ft 3 Dd Ft 3
News2 days ago

MARA Chairman Slams Netizens for Belittling Cadet Pilot Programme Prioritising Tahfiz Students

Recently, Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) announced its decision to offer Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Tahfiz students the opportunity...

Collage 17 Collage 17
News6 days ago

“Sg Buloh Prison is overcrowded” – Lawyer Urges Court to Release Trio Who Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery on Bail

Three men accused of assaulting a long-haired man at a bak kut teh shop in Kepong were charged in the...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY