Unless you grew up a billionaire or used virtual plates exclusively, chances are you’ve washed a dish or two in your lifetime. If you’re Asian, your mother’s favourite brand of dishwashing sponge was probably Scotch Brite!
This chef, however, took his love for the dishwashing sponge to another level by actually making it into a cake or as he aptly called it, a dishwashing “sponge” cake!
In case you’re interested, here’s what you need to make the Edible Dishwashing Lemon Sponge Cake:
Lemon sponge cake:
- 140g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2g baking powder
- 135g butter
- 3 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 120g sugar
- 45g lemon juice
“Soap foam” Lemon Meringue frosting:
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 20g sugar
Now that we have everything, it’s bakin time!
1. Mix the butter (melted), sugar, salt and vanilla extract, whisk it properly. Next, add the eggs one by one and continue whisking.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder onto the mixture
3. Pour and mix the lemon juice
4. Separate the mixture into three portions
5. For 2/3 of the mixture, add a few drops of yellow food colouring
6. For 1/3 of the mixture, add a few drops of green food colouring plus a drop of black food colouring
7. Prepare two baking pans for the mixtures (the chef used an 8-inch square size pan)
8. Preheat the oven to 160 degree Celsius ( Yellow cake is baked for 15 minutes, Green cake is baked for 10 minutes)
9. Let the cakes cool down for 15 minutes
10. Spread some marmalade onto the yellow cake
11. Place the green cake on top and scrape off the green cake mildly to give it that “sponge” texture.
Lemon meringue “foam”:
1. Mix the lemon juice, egg white, vanilla extract and sugar, whisk it over a water bath.
Once, you’ve done all this, just enjoy the cake or maybe you can even prank your friends!
Let us know if you will be trying this recipe and show us your products when they’re done!
“There is nothing that toppled or fell” KJ Denies Anwar’s Claim That The PN Government Has Fallen
Just hours ago Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, President of PKR, shocked Malaysians when he announced in a press conference that...
Man Slits Wife’s Pregnant Belly To Check Baby’s Gender After Priest Said They Were Having Another Girl
In some parts of the world, having baby girls are still considered a shame and boys are still favoured. Unfortunately,...
Health DG: No Need To Postpone Election In Sabah As The Covid-19 Situation Is Under Control
The Covid-19 situation in Sabah is still under control at the moment and there is no need to postpone the...
“I Am The Valid Prime Minister,” PM Muhyiddin Responds To Anwar’s Claim That PN Govt Has Fallen
Malaysian Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin has released a statement in response to Dato’ Seri Anwar bin Ibrahim’s claim...
JUST IN: Malaysia Records 147 New Positive Covid-19 Cases And 3 Deaths
According to the Ministry of Health, there are 147 new cases in Malaysia today (23 September) bringing the total number...
Social Stories15 hours ago
Watch: Two Women Hog Empty Parking Spot In George Town, Penang & Chase Driver Away
News19 hours ago
“The Muhyiddin government has fallen,” Anwar Says He Has Documents Proving Majority Support
News21 hours ago
Witnesses Scream As Man Jumps Off Building In Jalan Ipoh, Confirmed Dead At Scene
News16 hours ago
JUST IN: Government Will Be Giving RM1,000 to B40 Households & RM500 to B40 Singles!