Even if you’re ONE per cent Asian, you’re probably familiar with Yakult. The sweet probiotic milk is everyone’s childhood favourite and the best part, it’s actually good for you!
Since we’re all “basique”, we’re probably just familiar with Yakult in its original form but this cafe in the Philippines is bringing it up to a whole new level by transforming Yakult into a cake!
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the sad state of our bank accounts, we can’t travel to the Philippines for this delicacy but not to worry! Here’s a step-by-step guide on making a delicious Yakult cheesecake from Sweetheart Kitchen.
Ingredients you need:
70g of digestive biscuits
30g of unsalted melted butter
250g of cream cheese
40g of granulated sugar
2 bottles of Yakult
200ml of whipping cream
8g of gelatin sheets
1 bottle of Yakult
3g of gelatin sheets
Several pieces of mint leaves
Now that we have everything, it’s bakin time!
1. Prepare a six-inch movable cake pan. Grease the pan with butter and place a parchment paper at the bottom of the pan.
2. Channel your seeded anger and crush the digestives until it’s powdery or you can even use a blender. Mix the melted butter solution with the crushed digestives and place it in the pan.
3. Beat the whipping cream using an electric eggbeater for about five minutes and place it in the refrigerator.
For the cheese filling:
4. Add sugar and Yakult into softened cream cheese and whisk it until there are no visible clumps. Sieve the mixture to avoid any particles whatsoever.
5. Soak the gelatin films in ice water and squeeze it. Once soaked and squeezed, place the film in hot water and dissolve it.
6. Add two tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture into the gelatin solution and mix it well. Then, add the whole thing into the cream cheese and mix it until uniform.
7. Remove the cake base from the refrigerator and pour the cheese filling, pat it lightly until the mixture is smooth. Wrap it with a plastic wrap and refrigerate it for three hours. If you have any extra, why not put it into some Mason jar for a more aesthetic view!
For the Yakult glaze:
8. Similar to above, soak the gelatin film in ice water, squeeze it and heat it in hot water to dissolve it. After it cools down, slowly add the Yakult in. Sieve the mixture onto the cake and refrigerate it for one hour, preferably overnight.
9. After all this, all you wanna do is just grab a slice of the cake and lounge. But remember, before you remove the cake from its mould, warm the mould with a hairdryer.
10. This is the time to flex your creative side and decorate your cake. Either with some mint leaves or even strawberries.
This decadent cake takes only 45 minutes to whip up and serves six people.
Let us know if you will be trying this recipe and show us your products when they’re done!
Yet Another Green Turtle Found Dead In Terengganu, The 11th Carcass This Month Alone!
January 2022 is proving to be one of the deadliest months for green turtles in Terengganu as today, another carcass...
Perhilitan Warns M’sians To NEVER Share Wildlife Sightings Video To Protect Them From Poachers
The Terengganu Department of Wildlife and National Parks (Perhilitan) director, Loo Kean Seong has advised members of the public to...
PM: Government Will NOT Be Enforcing Another Nationwide MCO
The Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob gave an assurance that no Movement Control Order (MCO) nationwide will be...
YDPA Warded In IJN Due To Leg Injury Since Yesterday
The Yang di-Pertuan Agong Sultan Abdullah Sultan Ahmad Shah has been warded at the royal ward of the National Heart...
Student In UK Gets Covid-19 For The Fourth Time
The deadly virus has not been easy on all of us. A female student named Wharton from the UK was...
PM: Teachers And KEMAS Staff Are Allowed To Be Involved In Politics Effective Immediately
The government decided to allow teachers and staff of the Training Institute of the Community Development Department (KEMAS) to be...
Johor MB Announces DUN’s Dissolution, State Elections To Be Held Soon
The Menteri Besar of Johor, Datuk Hasni Mohammad has just announced that the Sultan of Johor, Sultan Ibrahim Sultan Iskandar...
JUST IN: Johor UMNO Agrees To Hold State Election, MB Meets Sultan Ibrahim To Dissolve DUN
After the recent Melaka and Sarawak State Elections, it seems that yet another state will be dissolving its State Legislative...
Social Stories8 hours ago
Lorry Driver Records Motorcyclists Riding Dangerously, Gets Slammed By Other Road Users Instead
Social Stories22 hours ago
Kelantan Wildlife Department: Malayan Tigers Will Never Attack Humans Unless Threatened
Culture5 hours ago
Netizens Are Sending Love To Lee Zii Jia After He ‘Blacked Out’ His Social Media
Social Stories5 hours ago
Video: Man Kicks Homeless Person In Bukit Bintang While Confiscating His Boxes In Street Clean Up