fbpx
Connect with us

News

Researchers: COVID-19 Coronavirus Has Mutated & There Are Now 2 Strains Infecting Humans

Published

Researchers: Covid-19 Coronavirus Has Mutated & There Are Now 2 Strains Infecting Humans - World Of Buzz
Source: CNN

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

As of the time of writing, the COVID-19 coronavirus has infected about 95,103 people around the world and about 3,283 people have died from this epidemic.

According to Reuters, recent studies conducted by the researchers of Peking University’s School of Life Sciences and the Institut Pasteur of Shanghai under the Chinese Academy of Sciences has shown that there are now two strains of the coronavirus that is spreading around and infecting people.

Giphy

The researchers have also said that their study is a small scale one (103 samples) and they would need to do follow-up studies with a bigger amount of samples as to understand the virus’ evolution.

This preliminary study has found that there is a more aggressive strain of coronavirus that was the cause of about 70% of the cases analysed. On the other hand, 30% of the cases were linked to a less aggressive strain.

 

Researchers: Covid-19 Coronavirus Has Mutated & There Are Now 2 Strains Infecting Humans - World Of Buzz 1

They have also noted that the more aggressive strain has been found to be becoming less common after early January 2020.

In reference to their study they have said this:

“These findings strongly support an urgent need for further immediate, comprehensive studies that combine genomic data, epidemiological data, and chart records of the clinical symptoms of patients with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).”

Although experts from other countries have found the study to be interesting, they have warned that it’s a little early to draw solid conclusions from this preliminary study.

In Malaysia, the number of covid-19 cases has soared and we have about 50 cases on hand right now. We hope that the scientists and researchers will be able to crack the COVID-19 code soon. 

 

Also read: WHO Warns Coronavirus Can Survive On Bank Notes For DAYS, Advises Using Contactless Payments Instead

Who Warns Coronavirus Can Survive On Bank Notes For Days, Advises Using Contactless Payments Instead - World Of Buzz 2

Source: CNN


Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Nano Nano
News2 hours ago

KKM: Nano Mist Spray Should Be Used To Disinfect Surfaces Only, NOT Humans

You might have noticed several posts on social media where people have been recommending nano mist sprays for the purpose...

Gunung Jerai Flash Flood Act Of God Gunung Jerai Flash Flood Act Of God
News4 hours ago

Takiyuddin: Natural Disaster In Kedah Is An “Act Of God” & Not Due To Logging

Now that the parliament is up and running again, it seems like everything is back to normal with all the...

Home Quarantine Home Quarantine
News9 hours ago

KKM: Fully Vaccinated Individuals Can Quarantine At Home Upon Arrival In Malaysia

Fully vaccinated travellers can now opt to quarantine at home upon arrival in Malaysia, provided they make an application 7-10...

Beach Park Ft Beach Park Ft
News1 day ago

Penang Beach Park Forced To Shut Down After Thousands Of Visitors Were Spotted

A beach park in Penang, Taman Rekreasi Pantai Robina (also known as Robina Eco Park), has been forced to shut...

Mitsubishi Mitsubishi
News1 day ago

M’sian Man Who Drove Against Traffic & Killed 2 Teenagers Charged With Murder

The driver who drove against traffic and killed two teenagers on 12 September has been charged with murder at the...

Kk Kk
News1 day ago

Mount Kinabalu & Other Tourist Sites Reopened To Fully Vaccinated Individuals Starting 16 Sept

It’s finally time for fully vaccinated individuals to gear up as Mount Kinabalu is now open to the public for...

Collage 3 5 Collage 3 5
News1 day ago

523 Covid-19 Positive Individuals & Those Ignoring Home Quarantine Identified In Kedah

After more than a year of fighting the pandemic, some people are still violating the SOPs by endangering the lives...

Ppcc Ppcc
News1 day ago

PM: B40 Households To Receive Self-Test Kits & Oximeters From Govt In Covid-19 Care Package

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob announced yesterday (19 September) that the government will allocate over RM471.6 million to...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY