fbpx
Connect with us

Social Stories

Man Starts Shivering & Sweating After Washing Hair with ‘Shampoo’ That Turned Out to Be Pesticide

Published

- World Of Buzz
Source: The Star & Shanghai Bosman Industrial Co., Ltd.

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

We don’t know how to react to this!

According to AsiaOne, a man in China had to get his head shaved after he mistakenly took a bottle of pesticide for shampoo to wash his hair.

The unidentified man reportedly resides in Kunming, Yunnan province and had actually stored the bottle of dichlorovos (better known as DDVP) pesticide right next to his shampoo. He only realised his error when he noticed the smell of the toxic substance while washing his hair with it.

Shampoo 1

Source: the star

Soon after that, the man began experiencing symptoms like shivering and sweating. To add fuel to the fire, he even tried washing the pesticide out of his hair using water and vinegar instead of seeking immediate treatment.

Upon realising the seriousness of his situation, the man then sought treatment at the Yunnan Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital. Doctors treated the man for poisoning and shaved off all his hair to avoid further damage. The hospital’s emergency department deputy director, Wu Ying, was quoted as saying,

“We had to use disposable razors. A few doctors cut the hair with scissors and then it was shaved off.”

The man has since recovered after a few days of treatment at the hospital. Phew!

Shampoo 3

For illustration purposes only | source: scmp

FYI, DDVP, which is developed from nerve gas agents, is for household and industrial use. However, it has been banned in the European Union over the past 20 years because of its high toxic levels and its lasting effects on the environment. It was also banned by some of China’s municipal governments, such as in Guangzhou; however, the toxic substance is still available for sale in many other areas, such as Kunming.

Shampoo 5

For illustration purposes only | source: shanghai bosman industrial co. , ltd

In some rural areas, people tend to use the toxic substance to treat itching, fleas, and eczema. Another case involved a 5-year-old girl from Henan province in central China who almost died after her grandmother washed her hair with diluted DDVP in order to get rid of fleas on her head. Yikes!

Well, we’re glad that this man managed to make a complete recovery. Let’s hope he learns to store dangerous chemicals in safer places now!

 

Also read: 70yo M’sian Becomes Blind After Mistakenly Using Ear Drops for Eyes

Shampoo 2


Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

7 004 7 004
News4 hours ago

Otoniel: Biggest Narco Since Pablo Escobar Captured

Dairo Antonio Usuga also known as Otoniel is the leader of the Gulf Clan and Colombia’s most wanted drug trafficker...

6 007 6 007
News4 hours ago

No Political Gatherings During Melaka State Elections

As the state of Melaka gears up for the state elections, the Health Ministry has issued a bad on political...

1158 Nepali Workers Have Died In Malaysia 1158 Nepali Workers Have Died In Malaysia
News15 hours ago

Suhakam: 1,158 Nepali Workers Have Died In Malaysia From 2018 To July 2021

The Malaysian Human Rights Commission (Suhakam) was prompted to investigate a report by the Nepal Embassy that reveals the increasing...

Singapore Eases Quarantine Requirement For Malaysia Singapore Eases Quarantine Requirement For Malaysia
News15 hours ago

S’pore Eases Quarantine Restrictions For M’sians, Only 10 Days Quarantine At Home

As announced by the Ministry of Health Singapore on Saturday (Oct 23), the republic will be reopening its borders to...

Large Boulder Fell On Car In Penang Large Boulder Fell On Car In Penang
News1 day ago

Large Boulder Falls & Hits A Car In Balik Pulau, Fortunately No One Was Hurt

A car driver narrowly escaped death after the car he was driving was hit by a boulder that rolled down...

1 007 1 007
News2 days ago

KJ Wants People To Put Their Face Masks On After Eating

If worn properly, wearing a face mask helps prevent the spread of Covid-19 – we ALL know this. But ever...

Tmj Fully Recovered Covid Tmj Fully Recovered Covid
News2 days ago

“The Tiger is back!” TMJ Fully Recovers After Contracting Covid-19 Two Weeks Ago

The Crown Prince of Johor, Tunku Ismail Sultan Ibrahim or more affectionately known as TMJ yesterday evening shared that he...

Pfizer Boosted Shots Restore Full Protection Against Covid 19 Pfizer Boosted Shots Restore Full Protection Against Covid 19
News2 days ago

Pfizer-BioNTech: Vaccine Booster Restores Full Protection Against Covid-19

Based on a large-scale trial of their Covid-19 vaccine booster shots, Pfizer and BioNTech have announced on Thursday (21 October)...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY