It’s Day 35 of the Movement Control Order and no matter how bored you are, please remember to obey all restrictions. All our cooperation is necessary to bring the Covid-19 pandemic to a halt. It’s no surprise that a lot of people are learning new skills during the MCO and will probably emerge after the quarantine as cooks, baristas or even dancers!
Recipe of IKEA’s famous meatballs
So, IKEA heard how bored we all were at homes and dropped their iconic meatballs recipe! Remember those delicious meatballs drenched in gravy which we didn’t appreciate enough, cause who knew we would all be stuck indoors?
According to CNN, IKEA’s Country Food Manager, Lorena Lourido said the recipe might help anyone who’s missing their meatballs.
“We know that some people might be missing our meatballs, which is why we’ve released an at-home alternative which, using easily accessible ingredients, will help those looking for some inspiration in the kitchen.”
- 500 grams (1.1 pounds) ground beef
- 250 grams (slightly more than ½ pound) ground pork
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed or minced)
- 100 grams (3.5 ounces) breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons of whole milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for the cream sauce:
- Dash of oil
- 40 grams (1.4 ounces) butter
- 40 grams (1.4 ounces) plain flour
- 150 ml (5 fluid ounces) vegetable stock
- 150 ml (5 fluid ounces) beef stock
- 150 ml (5 fluid ounces) thick double cream
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Don’t worry, they didn’t just give you the ingredient and leave you hanging! Here’s the step by step method:
1. Combine beef and pork/chicken mince and mix thoroughly to break up any lumps. Add finely chopped onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, egg and mix. Add milk and season well with salt and pepper.
2. Shape mixture into small, round balls. Place on a clean plate, cover and store in the fridge for 2 hours (to help them hold their shape while cooking).
3. In a frying pan, heat oil on medium heat. When hot, gently add your meatballs and brown on all sides.
4. When browned, add to an ovenproof dish and cover. Place in a hot oven, 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celsius, and cook for a further 30 minutes.
And for the cream sauce :
1. Melt the butter in a frying pan. Whisk in the plain flour and continue cooking, stirring continuously for 2 minutes.
2. Add the vegetable stock and beef stock and continue to stir. Add the thick double cream, soy sauce and Dijon mustard.
3. Bring to a simmer and allow the sauce to thicken. Continue to stir.
4. When ready to eat, serve with your favorite potatoes — either creamy mash or mini new boiled potatoes.
Would you be trying to make these meatballs now that you have the Golden Recipe? Let us know in the comments section!
M’sians Share How The Internet Helped Them Survive & Earn A Living During The MCO
Since the pandemic started, many businesses have taken quite a hit. They’re making less money due to fewer customers as...
Vitamin C: 5 Fascinating Facts M’sians Need To Know About The Most Popular Vitamin In The World
Ever since we were kids, our moms would tell us to take vitamin C so we don’t get sick. Most...
OMG! This e-Wallet Lets M’sians Pick & Win ANY Gift They Want, Including a Samsung S20 Ultra!
As of today, e-wallets are widely used all over the country. It’s safer, more convenient, and with the multitude of...
- Malaysia23 hours ago
UPDATE: Drunk Driver Who Killed FoodPanda Rider Charged In Court, Pleads Not Guilty
- Malaysia21 hours ago
Widow of Deceased FoodPanda Rider Reveals He Took On Multiple Jobs To Support Family Of 5 Kids
- Heartbreaking23 hours ago
3 Drunk Driving Deaths In ONE WEEK! Here’s What Malaysians Are Saying
- Viral20 hours ago
Former Miss Universe M’sia Winner Receives Major Backlash After Telling Black People To “Relax”