Connect with us


Here’s What You Need to Do If You Lose Your IC, Driver’s License and/or Passport


Here'S What M'Sians Need To Do If They Lose Their Ic, Driver'S License And/Or Passport - World Of Buzz 5
Source: CarSifu

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

You may have lost some important cards or documents once before because you were careless or perhaps you completely forgot about them somewhere and you went all kelam-kabut; or maybe you were the victim of a robbery or snatch theft, either way, when you lose important cards and documents like your identification card (IC), competent driver’s license (CDL) and/or passport, things can get quite difficult (and stressful)!

Well, in case you or a friend or family member ever has to go through the pain of losing any of the above documents (touch wood), here’s what you need to do (other than not panic):

1. If you lose your IC

Here's What M'sians Need To Do If They Lose Their Ic, Driver's License And/Or Passport - World Of Buzz 2

Source: wob

Misplacing or losing your IC is a huge deal. Should it fall into the wrong hands, you could easily become a victim of identity theft! So if you do lose it, make sure you:

  1. Make a police report for IC’s lost due to crime or negligence at your nearest police station or make an e-report here (if it isn’t crime related)
  2. With your police report, visit any Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara (JPN) branch OR replace your lost IC online using JPN’s “MyKad Replacement System” (if no change of photograph/particulars is required)
  3. On top of the RM10 application fee, a processing fee is also required, and for each time you lose your IC, this is the fee:
    • First loss: RM100
    • Second loss: RM300
    • Third and subsequent losses: RM1,000 (and subject to an investigation by JPN officials)

For those who successfully manage to replace their lost IC’s online, you would have to pick up your brand new IC from the JPN Wilayah Persekutuan branch in Putrajaya after 24 hours.


2. If you lose your CDL

Here's What M'sians Need To Do If They Lose Their Ic, Driver's License And/Or Passport - World Of Buzz 3

Source: wob

Losing your driver’s license would mean not being able to drive too, unless you want to risk getting fined. So here’s what you need to do if:

You NEED to drive but have no time to replace your CDL

  1. Visit your nearest police station to make a report for a small fee, this will allow you to drive for one to two weeks only without a CDL
  2. Be sure to have the report with you at all times while driving in case you get pulled over

You need to get a new CDL after losing yours

  1. Visit your nearest Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan (JPJ) branch and bring along your IC and a coloured photograph of yourself
    • If you aren’t in a rush to drive after losing your license, you do not need to make a police report
  2. At the counter, inform the teller that you lost your CDL and would like a new one
  3. You will receive your new CDL within a few minutes or an hour, depending on the crowd

A RM20 fine will be imposed on all driver’s licenses lost.


3. If you lose BOTH your IC and CDL

Star Trek Facepalm Gif

Your IC is required for you to apply for a new CDL, so make sure you get your new IC from JPN first before heading to a JPJ branch for your new license! Just follow the above steps!


4. What to do if you lose your passport

Here's What M'sians Need To Do If They Lose Their Ic, Driver's License And/Or Passport - World Of Buzz 1

Source: fmt

Malaysian passports are known to be one of the most powerful passports in the world, allowing its owners to travel to over 156 countries without a visa or qualify for visa-on-travel. If you lose yours or it gets stolen, here’s what you need to do:

  1. Make a police report
    • If your passport went missing or got damaged because of a fire, obtain a certified report from the Fire and Rescue Department as well
    • If your passport went missing or got damaged because of a natural disaster, obtain a letter from local authorities as well- Dewan Bandaraya, Majlis Perbandaran, or Majlis Daerah.
  2. Report it to the Immigration Department to prevent anyone else from misusing your passport
    • If you lose it overseas, report it at the nearest Malaysian Representative Office immediately
  3. Complete the IM.42c form and prepare to submit these documents to the immigration’s officer:
    1. IC
    2. Police report
    3. Other report of lost passport, where applicable
    4. Birth cert
    5. Copy of last passport, if any
    6. Marriage/ divorce cert, if 18 years or younger
    7. Employment confirmation letter, if working abroad
    8. Letter of offer for studying abroad, if applicable
  4. The application for a new passport would cost RM200

Well there you have it, should you ever be caught in such a situation, you’ll know exactly what to do! Most importantly, just remember not to panic. Be sure to tell your friends and share this article, you never know when this info will come in handy! After all, it’s always best to sediakan payung sebelum hujan!


Also read: Malaysian Woman Shares One Simple Trick to Reduce Electricity Bill by 80%

Here's What M'sians Need To Do If They Lose Their Ic, Driver's License And/Or Passport - World Of Buzz 4

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Just In

My Post 1 2023 03 31T123922.844 My Post 1 2023 03 31T123922.844
News1 hour ago

These 6 LRT Stations Will Be Closed Starting April 2, Here Are Your Alternative Travel Options!

To everyone using the Ampang/Sri Petaling LRT line to get to and from work, this is important for you. 6...

Ft Najib Ft Najib
News4 hours ago

“He was the author of his own misfortune” – Najib to Stay Behind Bars After Court Dismisses Review

The Federal Court has just dismissed former Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Najib Razak’s application for leave to review his SRC...

My Post 1 2023 03 30T114439.130 My Post 1 2023 03 30T114439.130
News1 day ago

Elderly Man Who Was Allegedly Assaulted By MBPJ Officer To Face Obstruction Charge Tomorrow

Late last week, Malaysians were outraged as an elderly man was apparently assaulted by a Petaling Jaya City Council (MBPJ)...

Collage 17 2 Collage 17 2
News1 day ago

PDRM Will Fine Gatita Yan’s BF, But Can You Actually Set Your Car to Autopilot? Here’s What PDRM Says

Gatita Yan and her boyfriend got into trouble recently as the police are looking for them after a couple of...

Ft Lrt 2 Ft Lrt 2
News2 days ago

M’sian Man Gets Arrested For Going Down to LRT Track to Retrieve Earphones & Delaying Train

One of the worst things to come across on your daily commutes is a delay to the public transport system,...

My Post 1 2023 03 28T111403.590 My Post 1 2023 03 28T111403.590
News3 days ago

Kelantan Woman Hides Packed Meals in Her Toilet & Washing Machine to Sell to Non-Fasters

A businesswoman was caught hiding packed rice and dishes in the bathroom and washing machine of her house in Bachok,...

Collage 10 2 Collage 10 2
News3 days ago

Zakir Naik’s Lawyer Confirms That He’s Returning to M’sia Soon, Says News About Arrest in Oman is Fake

Just last week, controversial preacher Dr. Zakir Naik was reportedly facing the possibility of being deported back to India. He...

My Post 1 2023 03 27T175026.417 My Post 1 2023 03 27T175026.417
News4 days ago

Mentally Unstable Ex-Soldier in Kelantan Beats Up Mother For Not Giving Him RM20 For Drugs

A man was caught on camera beating, stepping on, slapping and kicking his own mother after she had refused to...


Latest Videos