According to Employment Hero’s Wellness Report 2022, 58% of workers in Malaysia experience burnout. Due to immense pressure from work and social circles, young adults aged between 18 and 35 are 20% more likely to feel burnt out.
One of the main causes of burnout is the hustle culture that is still being upheld in many companies. Before burnout takes a toll on our mental health, watch out for these warning signs of overworking!
1. Having symptoms of deteriorating health
Our physical health can often reflect our mental state. If you have been overworking or have experienced prolonged stress, you’re likely to have these physical symptoms:
- Drastic weight changes
- Aches and pains
2. Noticing a decrease in productivity
While it may sound counterintuitive, overworking can result in lower productivity and efficiency. We need an optimal level of workload to keep us motivated, but if the favourable amount is surpassed, we tend to procrastinate and find it difficult to concentrate.
3. Finding it hard to unplug and disconnect
You may experience difficulty disconnecting from work when you have to constantly be on call and deal with many unexpected problems that arise, even after working hours. You can consider yourself overworking if you have these bad habits that stop you from unplugging:
- Turning on work-related notifications after working hours
- Constantly checking for and replying to work emails
- Thinking about work during the weekends or off days
4. Having trouble relaxing
Overworking causes our brains to release stress hormones frequently. Consequently, we feel restless, anxious, and stressed, even during our off days.
5. Struggling to maintain relationships
Many of us skip family bonding sessions and friend gatherings just to finish up on work. Exhaustion from long working hours might also cause us to miss out on important social gatherings that make life meaningful. If your relationship with a loved one is suffering, it is possible that you’re overworking.
As you can see, overworking harms not just our physical and mental health, but also our personal relationships. So if you’re experiencing any signs of burnout, it is best to communicate with your employer to see if your workload can be readjusted!
Other than your mental health, you should also pay attention to your loved ones and offer them support. Do you have friends who always FFK because they are overworking? If you want to encourage them to make time for their social life, Heineken® is here to help!
This 9 to 31 May, jio your friends to Heineken®’s Ghosted Bar and stand to win prizes worth RM100,000 in total, including Good Vibes Festival Squad Goal tickets!
That’s right, Heineken® is offering you and your friends a bunch of unforgettable experiences! Mark your calendar because from 9th to 31st May, you can visit Heineken’s Ghosted Bar across four different regions in Malaysia:
- Klang Valley
- Johor Bharu
Wanna enjoy a great night out with friends AND win exciting prizes at The Ghosted Bar? Make sure you RSVP on Heineken®‘s campaign page before it’s too late!
“A friend stuck in the office is a ghost at the bar.”
While it is important to work hard towards our goals, #HeinekenMY wants to remind you to #WorkResponsibly by advocating work-life balance. Remember that when we overwork to please our superiors and coworkers, we end up letting our best buddies down!
At The Ghosted Bar, Heineken® wishes to bring our friends together and forge meaningful connections, so that we stop sacrificing our social lives for work! Check out some of the fun experiences you can expect:
- The Ghosted Bar Command Centre: Join Heineken®’s mission and receive one bucket of Heineken® for you and your friend group if you succeed!
- The Ghosted Bar Live Draw: Present your Ghost GIF to Heineken®’s staff and participate in the Live Draw! Stand to win amazing prizes worth a total of RM100,000, including:
- Good Vibes Festival Squad Goal Tickets
- Heineken®’s Exclusive Dining Experience
- Heineken®’s Exclusive Private Party Experience
- Work Buster: Release your work stress through this whack-a-mole style game!
- Unghosted Photo Moments: Let Heineken®’s Brand Ambassadors take a digital photo of you and your friends!
Heineken® Ghost GIF Generator
If your friends still decide to ghost you, send them a GIF that they will remember for life!
- Visit the Heineken® Ghost GIF Generator website.
- Take a selfie of yourself within the frame to generate a GIF.
- Send it to your friends via messaging platforms or on social media.
This way, you’ll get to remind your friends to never FFK anymore! What’s more, you can also show your GIF to Heineken® staff at The Ghosted Bar and participate in the Live Draw!
Now you know why The Ghosted Bar is far from ordinary! What are you waiting for? Click here to RSVP and experience it for yourself!
Only for non-Muslims aged 21 and above. Enjoy Heineken® responsibly. When you drive, never drink.