fbpx
Connect with us
TOPICS

News

34yo Woman Dies After Eating Black Fungus Mushroom That She Soaked In Water Overnight

Published

Mushroom
Source: Alibaba & Thrifty Fun

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

A 34-year-old woman died after eating black fungus mushroom (or cloud ear fungus) that had been soaking in water for too long.

According to China Press, the incident happened in Dongguan, Guangdong province. The woman had soaked the fungus in water to be used in her cooking but only used some of it while the remainder was left soaking in the water to be used the next day.

This black fungus mushroom is usually sold in a dried form, and is to be soaked in warm water for at least an hour before consumption, according to Healthline.

Utb8Tirpa5Amiujk43Ptq6Ysmxxaa

However, because the woman left it soaking overnight, a kind of bacteria had grown on the fungus causing the woman to experience symptoms of nausea and black stools after eating it. She was then rushed to the hospital for treatment.

The woman was diagnosed with acute liver failure and was admitted to the intensive care unit, but due to high medical expenses, the woman was transferred back home where her family took care of her. However, she suffered multiple organ failure and eventually died.

Doctors later discovered the presence of toxins in her blood and urine called bongrek acid, which is caused by the production of Pseudomonas aeruginosa bacteria in the black fungus.

Experts have pointed out that the black fungus itself has no toxins, but if soaked in water for too long, bacteria is able to grow. They noted that black fungus should be soaked in cold water or in the fridge for about one to two hours and not more than four hours and certainly not overnight! When buying fresh ones, make sure that it is not sticky, smelly or slimy.

If you love eating black fungus mushrooms, make sure you prepare them well!

 

Also read: 14yo Dies After Breathing in Spores From Mould Which Ate Away the Inside of Her Throat

14Yo Dies After Breathing In Spores From Mould Which Ate Away The Inside Of Her Throat - World Of Buzz 1

Source: Alibaba
Source: Thrifty Fun


Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Ft Motac Ft Motac
News3 hours ago

Tourism Minister Tiong King Sing Confirms That Arts & Culture Will Remain Under His Ministry

The Cabinet announcement by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim was met with shock by some of the appointments that were...

Ft Loke 1 Ft Loke 1
News5 hours ago

Transport Minister Reveals That Kelana Jaya LRT Line Disruptions Can be Expected Until Q3 of 2023

Just a few days into his job, transport Minister Anthony Loke had gone to take the LRT during rush hour...

Collage 4 1 Collage 4 1
News5 hours ago

“Biggest electoral fraud” – Muhyiddin Says PH, BN Lied in GE15 & Rakyat is Not Amused With Them

Nearly 3 weeks after GE15, the opposition – Perikatan Nasional (PN) has pointed out what they don’t like about the...

Collage 2 1 Collage 2 1
News24 hours ago

“We’ll help” – PAS Challenges Gov’t to BAN Gambling Centers in States Controlled by BN & PH

Just recently, Prime Minister Dato Seri Anwar Ibrahim, who is also the Minister of Finance reduced the 4D Special Draw...

My Post 1 2022 12 07T165034.887 My Post 1 2022 12 07T165034.887
News1 day ago

Johor Police Busts World Cup 2022 Gambling Syndicate With Bets Of Up To RM6.3 Million

The Johor police successfully busted an online gambling syndicate surrounding the Qatar 2022 World Cup, involving bets of up to...

Ft Hiv Ft Hiv
News1 day ago

M’sian AIDS Orgs Slam Doctors For Urging Govt to Ban HIV Prevention Medicine From Gay Couples

Whatever your view is on the LGBTQ community, a group shouldn’t ever be banned from accessing certain medication just because...

Pdrm Ft Pdrm Ft
News1 day ago

PDRM Introduces E-Reporting System That Allows M’sians To Make Police Reports Online

One of the most troublesome things that one can encounter is to lose personal documentations or personal belongings. The common...

Collage 3 Collage 3
News1 day ago

Fire Breaks Out at the HQ of Ministry of Finance, No Injuries or Losses Reported

A fire broke out yesterday (December 6) at the HQ of the Ministry of Finance but fortunately, no injuries or...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY