fbpx
Connect with us

Social Stories

14yo Dies After Breathing in Spores From Mould Which Ate Away the Inside of Her Throat

Published

14Yo Dies After Breathing In Spores From Mould Which Ate Away The Inside Of Her Throat - World Of Buzz 1
Source: The Sun & Molekule

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Mould is actually very dangerous as it releases spores into the air that you could breathe in, which will then cause a series of health problems including skin rash and asthma, and could even reduce the function of your lungs.

Jade Owens from England died when she choked on her own blood after breathing in mould spores, reported The Sun.

The diabetic 14-year-old girl contracted mucormycosis, a one-in-a-million fungal infection which originated from breathing in mould spores. The fungus had eaten away the inside of her throat, airways and passageways to her lungs.

She was taken to the hospital on 10th May when she started having a headache and flu-like symptoms. Doctors suspected that she had a chest infection, but she started displaying rapid breathing and appeared discoloured.

Mold

Source: the sun

More tests discovered that she had type 1 diabetes, which turns blood acidic and can be fatal if untreated.

Her body had stopped producing insulin and her muscles had started to break down, and when she did not respond well to the insulin given to her, she was put into an induced coma so doctors could carry out further tests.

After two weeks in intensive care, she miraculously pulled through – or so the doctors thought.

Mold3

Source: the sun

On June 11th, her mother, Louise, was about to bring her home when Jade suddenly started coughing up blood, which made her choke on it, and died within 20 minutes. 

“It was like a murder scene. The blood vessels in her throat had burst and she bled to death. She choked on her own blood and had coughed it up. It was horrific to see and that will never leave me,” Louise said.

That’s when further tests revealed that Jade had mucormycosis, a fungal infection contracted from breathing in mould spores. The infection targets people with a weakened immune system like Jade, who had type 1 diabetes.

Her mother did not know where Jade might have come into contact with mould spores, but she suspects that it could be from her outdoor activities like horse riding.

Mold2

Source: the sun

However, according to Medical News Today, mould can also grow in houses, especially if the house is surrounded by damp environments. The worse thing about it is that the spores produced by the mould cannot be seen and are able to enter your home through open windows, doorways, and ventilation systems.

Shutterstock 360882158

Source: molekule

That being said, it is advisable to check that your house does not have any mould growing in it. Mould often grows in areas where leakages and flooding have occurred or where condensation builds up, making furniture damp. Having good air circulation in your home could prevent mould from growing as well.

 

Also read: 4yo Boy Who Had Fever, Rash and Leg Pain Turns Into ‘Sepsis’ That Almost Takes His Life

4Yo Boy Only Had Pain In Leg But Was Later Diagnosed With Sepsis Deadly Flesh Eating Disease World Of Buzz


Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Japanese2 Japanese2
News9 hours ago

Japanese Man Arrested For Using AI To Remove Pixelated Parts On Porn Videos & Reselling Them

A 43-year-old Japanese man was arrested for using artificial intelligence (AI) to remove pixelated parts in pornographic videos and reselling...

Collage 7 1 Collage 7 1
News11 hours ago

“This is our confidence in the youth” PM Says Govt Wants Young People To Have More Power With UNDI18

They say experience often comes with age, but that doesn’t mean the youths of today have no say in the...

Police Check Ft Police Check Ft
News11 hours ago

Husband & Wife Fined RM2,000 Each After They Were Caught Attempting To Travel Interstate

Recently, a married couple was compounded RM2,000 each for attempting to cross states without being fully vaccinated. According to Astro...

My Post 2021 10 20T140040.669 My Post 2021 10 20T140040.669
News12 hours ago

PDRM Prohibits Cycling On Highways Without Permit, Cyclists Who Violate Will Be Prosecuted

The Royal Malaysian Police is prohibiting any cycling activities on highways without the permission of the Malaysian Highway Authority (LLM)....

Ft China Ft China
News13 hours ago

China’s Parliament Drafted A Law To Punish Parents For Their Children’s Bad Behaviour

The Chinese government has been looking at a host of unconventional ways of raising and protecting its future generations. It...

Asasdsad Asasdsad
News14 hours ago

Nur Sajat’s Lover ‘Mocks’ PDRM With Edited Photo After Their Attempt To Bring Her Back Failed

Cosmetics entrepreneur and controversial public figure, Nur Sajat has settled in Australia after various attempts by Malaysian authorities to bring...

Shopee Airway Bill Without Phone Number 2 Shopee Airway Bill Without Phone Number 2
News14 hours ago

Shopee To Remove Buyers’ Phone Numbers From J&T And Ninja Van Air Waybill For Privacy

Before the pandemic started, there were many people who were wary of purchasing things online as they were concerned about...

Police 3 Police 3
News16 hours ago

Kajang Man Pretends To Be Police Officer To ‘Protect’ Himself During Argument, Gets Arrested Instead

A 30-year-old man was arrested after he pretended to be a police officer in order to ‘protect’ himself during an...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY