fbpx
Connect with us

Social Stories

19yo Student Falls Into Coma After Entering Toilet Filled with Toxic Gas, Tragically Dies 2 Months Later

Published

19Yo Student Falls Into Coma After Entering Toilet Filled With Toxic Gas, Tragically Dies 2 Months Later - World Of Buzz 4
Left image for illustration purposes only | Source: Kite Punye & Weibo

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Whoa, this is scary! A 19-year-old female South Korean student fell unconscious and went into coma for two months after she visited a really smelly toilet in Busan. The incident happened at a public toilet near Gwangalli Beach on July 29th at around 3.30am.

19Yo Student Falls Into Coma After Entering Toilet Filled With Toxic Gas, Tragically Dies 2 Months Later - World Of Buzz

Source: sina

According to Hapskorea, she had entered the public restroom at a raw fish center in Millak-dong, Busan but fell unconscious. Unbeknownst to her, she had inhaled an excessive amount of hydrogen sulfide and fainted. Her friends got worried about her after she did not come out for a long time, and one of her male friends entered the toilet to look for her.

He found her lying on the ground and immediately dragged her out of the toilet to perform CPR but to no avail. She was rushed to the hospital but fell into a coma. After two months in the hospital, the police confirmed that she passed away on September 27th due to significant brain damage, Sina reported.

19Yo Student Falls Into Coma After Entering Toilet Filled With Toxic Gas, Tragically Dies 2 Months Later - World Of Buzz 1

Source: sina

The friend who pulled her out said, “She did not come out for 20 minutes so I went in to look for her. I almost fainted twice inside and puked a few times due to the smelly and toxic gas.” Apparently, there was an excessive amount of hydrogen sulfide in the restroom, based on police investigations.

This gas can be poisonous when there are excessive amounts in the air and is colourless, but has a foul odour that has been described as similar to rotten eggs. It was previously used as a chemical weapon in World War I and also as a suicide tool.

19Yo Student Falls Into Coma After Entering Toilet Filled With Toxic Gas, Tragically Dies 2 Months Later - World Of Buzz 2

Source: sina

The local government said that this toxic gas can usually be found in sewage, septic tanks and garbage dumps due to chemical reactions, but they were usually contained. However, for that particular restroom, it is believed that there was gas leakage as the building was more than 20 years old and there were some repair works going on at the septic tank in the early hours of the morning.

Preliminary investigations showed that the concentration of hydrogen sulfide detected at the public restroom was as high as 1,000 ppm, which is 60 times higher than the safety standard of 15 ppm. That’s really high! This is not the first time that death due to inhalation of hydrogen sulfide has occurred. In December last year, three workers at a sewage treatment plant in Busan died, and at least seven others lost consciousness due to exposure to hydrogen sulfide. The Busan Fire Department said that when the workers poured alkaline wastewater into the well, it produced toxic gases.

Watch the video here:

Source: Weibo

Our deepest condolences to the student’s friends and family.

 

Also read: M’sian Dentist Warns Parents After 5yo Girl Almost Died From Tooth Cavities Due to Overeating Sweets

M'sian Dentist Warns Parents After 5Yo Girl Almost Died From Tooth Cavities Due To Overeating Sweets - World Of Buzz


Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Wee Ft Wee Ft
News31 mins ago

Transport Minister: More Public Transport Expected To Operate At Full Capacity Next Month

As Malaysia moves into the Covid-19 endemic phase, more public transport is expected to operate if domestic tourist destinations are...

Rnr Rnr
News2 hours ago

Almost All R&Rs Along PLUS Highway Have Reopened, Those Fully Vaccinated Allowed To Dine In

As Klang Valley moves on to Phase Two of the National Recovery Plan (NRP), more rest stops (R&R) have also...

Picture 1 3 Picture 1 3
News3 hours ago

The UK Eases Restriction On Fully Vaccinated Travellers From Malaysia

Fully vaccinated Malaysians are among travellers from 17 countries allowed to enter the United Kingdom (UK) without having to go...

Road Closure Simpang Pulai Cameron Highlands Road Closure Simpang Pulai Cameron Highlands
News4 hours ago

Simpang Pulai Road To Cameron Highlands Closed Indefinitely Due To Landslide

Federal Route FT 185 Section 43.9 at Jalan Simpang Pulai-Blue Valley heading to Cameron Highlands was completely closed to all...

Khairy Surprise Visit To Kajang Khairy Surprise Visit To Kajang
News19 hours ago

Health Minister Makes Surprise Visit To Kajang Hospital In Plain Clothes & Without Any Entourage

Malaysian Minister of Health, YB Khairy Jamaluddin paid a surprise visit to Kajang Hospital, today. Photos of the surprise visit...

Picture 1 1 Picture 1 1
News1 day ago

HK Chef Walks Away With New RM 5.7 Million Apartment After Winning Covid-19 Vaccine Lottery!

A 35-year-old chef in Hong Kong was announced as the winner of a flat worth HK$ 10.8 million (RM 5.7...

Picture 1 Picture 1
News1 day ago

Tapah School Teacher Charged For Allegedly Committing 32 Counts Of Sexual Acts On His Male Students

A teacher of a secondary school in Tapah pleaded not guilty at the Sessions Court here yesterday to 32 charges...

My Post 2021 09 17T142310.254 1 My Post 2021 09 17T142310.254 1
News2 days ago

Around 1,733 LGBTQ Malaysians Have Been Sent To Religious Camps To Be ‘Nurtured’ As Of June 2021

Malaysia has always had rather strict views on the matters of the LGBTQ community. So much so, that the Malaysian...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY