fbpx
Connect with us

Social Stories

M’sian Shares How Pet Dog Had Died After It Was Taken For A Walk After Rain

Published

My Post 2022 04 07T135030.480
Source: Hazel Chee | Facebook & Perkhidmatan Elektrik & Mekanikal | Facebook

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Sometimes, danger cannot be seen and you cannot predict from where it may come from.

It may be lurking around the next corner, or it can even come from beneath your feet, which is why we wear shoes. But what about our loved ones who do not have shoes, such as our pets? Or our little children who sometimes prefer to go barefoot while playing outside?

Netizen, Hazel Chee, took to her Facebook page to spread awareness of an unseen danger beneath our feet, after her parents’ beloved pet dog had died. It turns out that sometimes, faulty underground wiring from street lights can cause electricity to surge to the surface, posing a danger to anything or anyone who, by chance, are not wearing shoes on their feet.

Electricity 1

She wrote, “PSA for pet owners, avoid walking your dog in the rain or after the rain has just stopped, if the ground is wet. If you’re walking your dog and it suddenly starts jumping frantically and screaming, pull it away from where it is standing IMMEDIATELY.”

“Last night, my parent’s dog died suddenly during their usual evening walk in the (Alam Damai Recreation) park (in Cheras). As soon as he started hopping and shouting, he collapsed from cardiac arrest. They attempted CPR but the success rate of CPR in pets is less than 5%.”

It turns out that the dog was jumping and screaming potentially due to the electricity coming from the ground.

Electricity 2

Photo for illustration purposes only.

“What happened? The lamp post nearby probably had faulty wiring underground, and electricity was leaking into the ground. To make things worse, it had just rained and the ground was wet,”

“As soon as he stepped onto the affected area, he was gone.”

While us humans wear shoes with rubber soles, our pets do not have the same protection.

“We are heartbroken by what has happened, and a report will be made to the local council about the wiring. But, I hope that by sharing this, pet owners (and maybe even parents) can be more weary about such incidents,” she explained, as parents should also keep an eye out for their children who prefer to play while barefooted.

98000905 M

Hazel also informed that you should always contact Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) to look into these potential, invisible threats.

“TNB was contacted to come check and they confirmed the large leakage area. But the park is owned by DBKL, so they need to get approval before starting the repair works,”

“Meanwhile, if you know of somewhere with an electricity leakage, please contact TNB!”

Hazel shared with WORLD OF BUZZ that TNB has since shut off the power in the area pending approval from DBKL to start the repair works.

 

We genuinely hope that everyone remains safe and careful of such invisible threats for just because you cannot see it, doesn’t mean that it isn’t there.

What do you think about this? Share your thoughts in the comment section.

 

Also read: Angry Taiping Man Damages Car After Driver Hit Father & Killed Dog Who Were Going For a Walk

My Post 2022 01 28T101738.513

Source: Hazel Chee


Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

My Post 2022 07 04T182304.718 My Post 2022 07 04T182304.718
News10 hours ago

M’sian Arrested After Killing Wife & 3mo Son & Fleeing Naked On A Motorcycle

A father was stunned to see his daughter and grandson covered in blood and lifeless after being stabbed in the...

Collage 1 Collage 1
News17 hours ago

M’sian Modifies His Nissan Skyline R32 Into A Police Car For Automotive Exhibition, PDRM Investigates

Creativity knows no bounds, but sometimes, we must have certain boundaries while being creative in order to avoid disappointing certain...

My Post 2022 07 04T110713.231 My Post 2022 07 04T110713.231
News18 hours ago

WATCH: Motorcyclist Allegedly Sniffs Glue While Riding Without Helmet & Number Plate

The Royal Malaysian Police (PDRM) is currently looking for a man who is shown in a viral video riding a...

Inflation Fgt Inflation Fgt
News2 days ago

PM: M’sia Has Low Inflation Rate Compared To Other Countries

According to Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob, the rise in living costs happens not only in Malaysia but worldwide, and...

Feat Image Traveller Pass Mysejahtera Ons Feat Image Traveller Pass Mysejahtera Ons
News3 days ago

KJ: MySejahtera’s Traveller Pass No Longer Needed For M’sians Returning Home Starting 4 July

Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin has announced that the requirement for Malaysians coming back to the country from overseas to complete...

Feat Image Pre 20 Feat Image Pre 20
News3 days ago

Tourism Minister: M’sians Can Redeem Up To RM100 E-Vouchers To Purchase Domestic Flight Tickets

Tourism, Arts and Culture Minister Datuk Seri Nancy Shukri yesterday announced that five airlines are offering e-vouchers valued between RM25...

Cannabis Infused Food Thailand 1 Cannabis Infused Food Thailand 1
News4 days ago

Minister Urges M’sians To Not Consume Cannabis-Infused Food & Drinks In Thailand

Many Malaysians and Singaporeans love to go to Thailand for short vacays as it is cheap and nearby. Recently, Thailand...

My Post 2022 06 30T111452.423 My Post 2022 06 30T111452.423
News5 days ago

M’sian Couple Gets Into Accident & Steals Road User’s Car To Flee, Leaving Their Son’s Body Behind

After getting into an accident on Jalan Sungai Kelamah-Jelai-Gemas, Negeri Sembilan, a couple decided to leave the body of their...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY