Recently, a Malaysian by the name of Kei took to her Facebook account and shared what was possibly one of her worst dining experiences at a popular Japanese restaurant in Bukit Tinggi 2, Klang. Based on the receipt, Kei visited the outlet on Tuesday (August 9) and ordered a few items from the menu, including a bowl of salad. What she found in her bowl of salad immediately killed off her appetite.
Kei spotted some bugs mixed in her salad. That’s the kind of “protein” we don’t need nor want.
She then informed the person in charge about what she found in her salad but the response disappointed Kei even more. Instead of taking responsibility, the person in charge allegedly put the blame on someone else and said it was a blunder from the supplier’s side.
The person in charge told Kei the obvious – those were bugs.
“I know what they are, so am I supposed to eat them? What will happen if I consume them?” she responded.
Eventually, the price of the salad was voided from the bill and the PIC served Kei a plate of Takoyaki on the house as compensation.
However, Kei revealed that she did not touch the Takoyaki at all as she is not a fan of the food and that she was unhappy with how the restaurant handled her complaint.
At the end of her post, she urged people to be more careful prior to eating something when visiting the restaurant.
Food hygiene and quality are equally important not only to keep the customers coming back but also to display integrity in food preparation. Do you think the bugs were blunders from the suppliers? Was the compensation sufficient to make up for Kei’s dining experience?