In this current pandemic, everyone is trying their best to do what they can to survive.
And that’s exactly what we see from our food delivery riders. They’re serious about earning an honest living and ensuring that the food ordered by customers arrives safely. They don’t even mind making deliveries during heavy rain.
Recently, netizen, Siti Hawa took to Instagram to ask users whether they would order food delivery when it’s raining. Siti Hawa wrote, “Will you order Grab or Foodpanda if it rains?”
According to the poll, 79% voted for no. Meanwhile, the other 21% voted for yes.
Perhaps those who voted ‘no’ felt sorry for the riders and the heartbreaking sight of witnessing these frontliners drenched while making deliveries in the heavy rain.
But what do the riders think? Much to Siti’s surprise, she received a DM from a netizen who claimed to be a food delivery rider. He responded to her poll and even encouraged customers to order food delivery when it’s raining: “It’s the only way to boost up our salary. We truly appreciate that they pity us but we choose to be in that kind of situation. You don’t need to worry if it rains, just be patient as your order might be late sometimes”.
Siti reposted the response on her Instagram story and it soon gained the attention of many netizens online. Twitter user, @loeykinn shared the screenshot of the poll on her Twitter account and admitted that she’s one of those people who doesn’t order delivery when it’s raining because she feels sorry for them.
But as it turns out, the riders are okay with it and are even willing to deliver the orders. It’s just that they asked for the customers to be patient as their order might arrive a bit late.
Sayalah team yang tak order foodpanda time hujan tuu sebab…kesian hujan2 kena hntar food🥺🥺… tapi rupanya foodpanda lgi suka rupanya order. Ok lepasni kita order walaupun hujan okay pic.twitter.com/0w09kyc1QZ
— 로이1127💖로이킨ㅇㅍㅇ (@loeykinn) November 26, 2020
At the time of writing, the tweet has received over 21,000 likes. A Foodpanda rider known as Asyraf Hans replied to the thread stating that as a rider, he did not mind sending customer orders. He said he felt more appreciated when customers wrote notes asking him to be careful and no need to rush. He even said, if customers don’t mind, please leave tips for riders as a token of gratitude.
Aku sebagai rider foodpanda, korang order jeeee takpe kitorng hantar. Yang buat kitorng lagi rasa dihargai bila customer tulis note supaya takyah rushing² and be safe! And kalau boleh bagi la upah sikit sebagai tanda terima kasih ye dokk 👌🏼😬
— 🇲🇾 Asyraf Hans (@incheasyraf_) November 27, 2020
Nonetheless, some netizens say that they still wouldn’t make an order if it’s raining because the action is not only dangerous but threatens the safety of riders.
One netizen shared that he once ordered when it was raining but he gave the rider an RM5 tip and apologised for the inconvenience.
Let’s be more considerate to our frontliner delivery riders, guys! We should try to be more understanding of their situation when the food arrives late. Please leave them a note and give tips to riders to lift their spirits.
Top Glove Offers 9,000 Jobs For M’sians To Help Tackle Unemployment In The Country
Top Glove Corporation Bhd is offering 9,000 job opportunities for Malaysians in 2021 to help tackle unemployment in the country....
6 Arrested For Whacking & Throwing Objects At Man At Cheras Petrol Station
Six men were arrested for beating up a motorcyclist at a petrol station at Batu 9, Cheras at 4am on...
Sabah Siblings Arrested for Fleeing With Father’s Body From Hospital Quarantine Centre
Four siblings were arrested by the police in Kampung Panji, Lahad Datu after they took their deceased father’s body back...
MCO: Sibu Man Fined For Fishing While Family of 3 Fined For Travelling Together
A 39-year-old man was fined RM1,000 after he was found fishing in a ‘ditch’ at Jalan Kemuyang during the Movement...
Kluang Man Smashes Car Windows With Helmet After Hotel Tells Him They’re Fully Booked
A 33-year-old man was arrested for smashing the windows of several cars with a helmet after he was unable to...
Social Stories23 hours ago
“Best home quarantine ever” Nazri Aziz’s Wife Posts Video On Beach After Testing Positive For Covid-19
Social Stories23 hours ago
“Not everyone lives in luxury condos” Man Reveals Why Some M’sians Are Against MCO 2.0
Opinion21 hours ago
“I’m losing my 20s to a pandemic” Malaysian Youth Share Their Worries About The Future
Social Stories20 hours ago
M’sian Father Lets 9yo Doodle Art On His Car, Netizens Applaud Him For Being A Supportive Parent