The controversy surrounding Rocky, the dog whose death sparked public outrage, is set to return to the courtroom this Thursday, with 24-year-old Muhammad Shah Hizam expected to be charged at the Sessions Court here.
Shah’s lawyers, Muhammad Rafique Rashid Ali and Mahmud Abdul Jumaat, confirmed that their client had been served a summons by an officer from the Department of Veterinary Services (DVS).

The exact charges against Shah remain unclear, with the relevant legal provisions yet to be disclosed
“Yes, I can confirm that Muhammad Shah was served with the summons by a DVS officer. We will be there at 9 AM on 20 August,” Rafique said, according to Kosmo!
The case stems from a stray dog-catching operation carried out by the Royal Klang City Council (MBDK) at Taman Telok Gedung Indah on July 29, 2026. The operation erupted into chaos after a community member intervened, while Rocky died during the incident, sparking widespread public attention and debate over the treatment of stray animals.

Shah never intended to harm the dog
Shah, who held a press conference last week, has denied any intention of injuring or killing Rocky. Shah also expressed his sadness over Rocky’s death but stressed that he was only there to carry out an assigned duty and never intended to hurt or kill the dog.
Shah said he attended the operation as a residents’ representative after receiving a written invitation from the Kawasan Rukun Tetangga (KRT) Jalan Sama Gagah, Taman Teluk Gedung Indah, Klang, and did not act of his own accord.
Rafique clarified that MBDK officers briefed all participants on the operation and provided the neck loop used to capture the dogs.
All eyes will now be on the Sessions Court on Thursday, when the charges against Shah are expected to be revealed, and the next chapter in the controversial Rocky case begins.
Stay tuned to WORLD OF BUZZ as we keep you updated.

