We’ve been told that formulated milk isn’t healthy and yet, it’s still widely used for consumption in many households. Now, according to recent news, it has been revealed that too much of formulated milk can actually jeopardise one’s health, especially for toddlers.
A mother shared on Facebook about how her son was overdosed on formulated milk and suffered enteritis, reported Siakap Keli. According to the woman, Anis, her two-year-old son Wan Haziq drinks at least 10 bottles of milk a day (at 260ml of milk per bottle) and on top of that, he would also have hearty meals every day.
As a result of his diet, Haziq began to experience extreme diarrhoea and was in pain when he was excreting whilst squatting.
After three days of experiencing a horrific series of diarrhoea, on the fourth day, Anis realised that Haziq started to have bloody stools.
The frantic mother quickly rushed her son to HUSM (Hospital Universiti Sains Malaysia) at 4am and he was admitted into a ward. After several diagnoses, the doctor said that Haziq was suffering from inflamed bowel walls and internal wounds because he frequently defecated due to his diet.
FYI, the mother said that Haziq would excrete at least 20 times a day. That’s certainly out of the ordinary!
Following that, the doctor said that Haziq actually overdosed on formulated milk but fortunately, Haziq is already on the road to recovery. Thank goodness!
By the end of her post, Anis advised fellow parents to reduce their toddlers’ consumption of milk and ensure that they don’t make it a part of their daily diet. She added that if the child starts to have a stomach ache, parents should immediately reduce the consumption of milk.
Anis also shared that she has since replaced Haziq’s formulated milk with fresh milk after the incident. She urged parents to allow toddlers to drink only two glass of milk per day and feed them normal food.
Finally, she cautioned parents to be extra careful and to take note if their kids complain about having stomach troubles after drinking milk because those are early signs.
We’re glad that Haziq is slowly recovering after a traumatic experience. That said, we hope that parents will pay heed to Anis’ advice and reduce their toddlers’ consumption of formulated milk.
Govt: Misleading Ads Are Prohibited, Action Can Be Taken Against Advertisers
Have you ever saw a food ad, got tempted by it how awesome it looks, went to buy the food...
Malaysian Couple Who Rescues Injured Animals Seeks To Get Rid Of Social Stigma Surrounding Dogs
For the past eight years, 28-year-old Nurul Ain Abdul Hamid and her husband, Muhammad Razeef Che Samah, have been rescuing...
Malaysian Exposed By UK Tabloid For Intl Human Organ Trading Arrested in Kuching
The man who was recently exposed by The Sun in the UK for illegally selling human organs in the international...
Limit on Hiring Foreign Workers In Malaysia To Be Lifted, But Local Workers Should Be Prioritised
On 29 July, it was made official that foreign workers are limited to working in only three sectors which are...
“I Thought It Was A Doll!” Shocked Passerby Finds Body Of Baby With Umbilical Cord Still Intact In Sabah
Disclaimer: Graphic images, viewer discretion is advised. The body of a poor little baby boy was found after he was...
- Current Affairs23 hours ago
4-year-old Kedah Girl Dies After Father Forgets and Leaves Her In The Car For 10 Hours
- News23 hours ago
M’sian Reveals How He Got Kicked Out Of Rented Subang Unit Once Owner Found Out He Was Indian
- News19 hours ago
Woman Denied Entrance Into Kuala Lumpur Library For Wearing A “Revealing Blouse”
- Current Affairs20 hours ago
Pharmaceutical Company, Pfizer, Is Reported To Have Successfully Produced A Vaccine for Covid-19