Police arrested a man allegedly running an illegal parking fee collection operation in Jalan Klang Lama on Saturday (15 August) after a heated confrontation broke out during an enforcement visit.
According to Seputeh MP Teresa Kok, the man allegedly resumed collecting parking fees despite DBKL ordering the operation to close on 4 August.

The illegal parking collector physically assaulted one of them
Teresa said DBKL and enforcement officers had previously conducted a site inspection on August 4 and took enforcement action against the operation.
However, the alleged illegal parking collection reportedly resumed, leading to a confrontation when Kok and several Members of the Residents’ Representative Council (MPP) visited the location.
The man allegedly challenged the MP’s presence and questioned who had given her permission to be there.
“If you want to fight, fight outside. This is my workplace, don’t interfere,” he was heard saying.

The situation escalated when the man allegedly confronted and assaulted one of the MPP members by attempting to throw a punch.
“Are you the boss? Or am I the boss?” he reportedly said while being restrained by several people at the scene.
Police were eventually called in and arrested the man for further investigation.

PDRM deploys officers to the parking lot
Kok had previously claimed that the individual had ignored DBKL’s closure order on 4 August and resumed collecting parking fees without authorisation.
In a report by China Press, two patrol officers from the Brickfields Police District were stationed at the parking lot entrance on Sunday morning (16 August), monitoring the area from their motorcycles. Motorists were able to enter and use the parking lot freely, as no one was seen collecting parking fees.
The officers said their superiors had instructed them to patrol and maintain security in the area, while also monitoring the parking lot to prevent further illegal collection of parking fees.
During their patrol, vehicles continued to enter and leave the parking lot without incident, and they saw no suspicious individuals attempting to collect fees.
Also read: 73yo Man Forced to Walk Home After His Vehicle Was Blocked by a Double-Parked Car in KL

