fbpx
Connect with us

Social Stories

13yo Boy Didn’t Chew Bubble Tea Pearls Properly, Ends Up with Blockage In Intestines

Published

on

13Yo Boy Didn't Chew Bubble Tea Pearls Properly, Ends Up With Blockage In Intestines - World Of Buzz
Source: Sinchew

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

For fans of bubble teas, they know that one of the best parts of the drink is the chewy, bouncy pearls. Although they are so yummy, do remember to chew those chewy pearls properly before swallowing or else it will be very difficult for your body to digest them, like this teenager in China.

13Yo Didn't Chew Bubble Tea Pearls Properly, Ends Up With Blockage In Intestines - World Of Buzz

Source: sinchew

13Yo Didn't Chew Bubble Tea Pearls Properly, Ends Up With Blockage In Intestines - World Of Buzz 1

Source: sinchew

This 13-year-old boy from Henan was rushed to the emergency department after he complained of unbearable abdominal pain. He was sent for a check-up and an X-ray scan where it was discovered that he had signs of intestinal infarction, which means that his intestines were injured, Sing Tao reported.

The doctor who was in charge of his case, Zhang, said that he arranged for the boy to go for an operation. During the operation, he found two hard foreign bodies of different sizes in the intestines of the boy, which was deduced as the main cause of the infarction.

13Yo Didn't Chew Bubble Tea Pearls Properly, - World Of Buzz

Source: sinchew

After the operation, over the next couple of days, the boy started to excrete the remaining foreign bodies in his system. It was revealed that the boy had drank bubble tea twice in one week before he experienced abdominal pain. However, it appears that the boy did not chew the pearls properly before swallowing and this may have caused his intestinal infarction. 

Zhang said that the main ingredients of bubble tea pearls are tapioca starch and corn flour which cannot be digested easily. He added that there may also be thickening agents added to the pearls which make it harder to be digested. He advised parents to control the consumption of bubble tea for their children to avoid any health problems.

Remember to chew properly to make sure your food is broken down completely!

 

Also read: A Chinese Girl Choked and Died on 3 Boba Pearls After They Shot into Her Airway from Sucking Too Hard

Chinese Girl Dies Choking While Drinking Boba - World Of Buzz


Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Ezgif.com Gif Maker 2021 06 22T180138.478 Ezgif.com Gif Maker 2021 06 22T180138.478
News15 hours ago

PDRM Urged To Investigate Penang Man That Allegedly Fed Alcohol To A Baby

A video has been going viral on social media where a man was allegedly seen feeding a baby on his...

Ascsaca Ascsaca
News16 hours ago

M’sian Who Abused Daughter Breaks Down Into Tears While Charges Were Read, Pleads Not Guilty

A 45-year-old man from Shah Alam who abused his daughter broke down in tears as the charges were read to...

Pjimage 2021 06 22T143014 Pjimage 2021 06 22T143014
News19 hours ago

“Vaccine or jail” Philippines’ President Threatens To Imprison Those Who Refuse Covid-19 Vaccine

Imagine how the tables would turn if this was implemented in Malaysia. With the pandemic in its current state, you...

My Post 2021 06 22T122103.862 My Post 2021 06 22T122103.862
News20 hours ago

10 People Fined RM23,500 For Flouting SOPs At Illegal Snooker Centre In Johor

10 individuals, including the supervisor of an entertainment centre, were arrested after being suspected of violating the standard operating procedures...

Lock Lock
News21 hours ago

Emotionally Distraught Man In Seremban Locks Family In House After Losing Job Due To MCO

A man from Seremban locked his family in their house after experiencing emotional stress from losing his job due to...

Elephant Elephant
News22 hours ago

Elephant In Thailand Breaks Down Kitchen Wall & Rummages Around Looking For Food

It was a terrifying moment when a man from Thailand discovered an adult elephant poking its head through his kitchen...

Ambu Ambu
News2 days ago

Motorcyclist Injured After Beating Red Light & Crashing Into Ambulance In Selangor

A 37-year-old motorcyclist crashed into an ambulance after beating a red light in the Hulu Selangor district and suffered injuries...

Pjimage 2021 06 21T125619.745 1 Pjimage 2021 06 21T125619.745 1
News2 days ago

Government Considering Relaxed Rules, Interstate Travel For Fully Vaccinated People

The Hungary vs France match during the weekend was a wake-up call for us. The match took place in Budapest’s...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY