fbpx

Connect with us

Viral

Warning: Mould Commonly Found In Malaysian Homes Are Dangerous & Will Cause Respiratory Issues

Published

on

Source: Flickr & SoapNut Republic

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Most of us are quarantined indoors during the Movement Control Order as a way of flattening the curve to battle the Covid-19 pandemic. One of the early symptoms of Covid-19 is coughs as it affects the lungs. But if you’re coughing despite being quarantined, you might not have contracted the virus but instead, it’s something that’s lurking in your house!

Public Health Malaysia posted that the mould growing on the walls of your house could be causing coughs among other respiratory issues.

Dah duduk dalam rumah semasa PKP pun masih batuk? Lihatlah di siling dan dinding pejabat atau rumah anda. Ada nampak…

Posted by Public Health Malaysia on Wednesday, May 20, 2020

These fungi on the walls and ceilings happen due to damp environments caused by leakage in your buildings or poor ventilation systems.

The spores released by this fungus can be sucked into your lungs and cause irritation and inflammation to the respiratory tract. When these enter your lungs, they can cause:

  • Runny and stuffed nose
  • Sneezing
  • Coughing
  • Shortness in breath
  • Lungs function affected
  • Asthma

If you’re already suffering from these symptoms, chances are it will get worse. Fear not! The fungi can be avoided as long as there’s proper ventilation in the building, especially in damp, dark areas such as toilets, washrooms and kitchens. Also, you need to make sure the drainage system on the roof is smooth and not overflowing.

If after reading this, you discovered that your house has mould, here’s a simple method in three easy steps to get rid of it:

1. Make a solution of chlorine bleach and water – usually 1 part bleach to 3 parts water 

2. Using a stiff-bristled brush, scrub the blackened area

3. Rinse thoroughly and dry

If the mould is growing on a fabric product, you have no choice unfortunately but to throw it away. Let’s go around the house and do some home improvement during MCO!

 

Also read: 34yo Woman Dies After Eating Black Fungus Mushroom That She Soaked In Water Overnight

Source: TRCI Plus

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

TRENDING