Connect with us

News

Two Students From SK Bangsar Test Positive With 106 Close Contacts

Published

Sicnao
Right image for illustration purpose | Source: MSN & Straits Times

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Two female students from Sekolah Kebangsaan (SK) Bangsar, Year 4 and Year 5, have tested positive for Covid-19.

According to the President of the Parents and Teachers Association (PTA) Mohd Yazid Mohd Yasin, the Ministry of Health (MOH) informed the school about the matter at about 10.30am on 8 October.

He said that staff from the MOH then came to the school to conduct screening tests on students and teachers involved in the two classes. However, he added that the school was not ordered to close yet, although the school session for that afternoon was postponed.

Sk

“MOH staff conducted a swab test at 2pm this afternoon on about 80 students from two Form 4 and Form 5 classes, as well as on 26 teachers who had been identified as close contacts of the two Covid-19 positive students,” he said.

“MOH staff are also expected to carry out sanitation in classrooms and other locations involved. However, the school does sanitation every day.”

“Currently, there are no instructions to close the school, and the administrators also do not have the authority to close the school, instead they have to wait for instructions from the District Education Office (DEO) and the Ministry of Education.”

According to Harian Metro, it is believed that the two students contracted the virus from their family members after attending a feast recently.

Mohz Yazid acknowledged that most of the parents of the students from SK Bangsar, especially those who are close contacts, are worried if the school session continues as usual.

“I went to school earlier, and many parents informed me that they were worried about the current situation, some even cried when they saw their children wearing colored bracelets,” he said.

“The PTA is of the view that the DEO and the ministry should temporarily postpone the school session for a week or two, while waiting for the test results of students who are close contacts.”

C1 1954511

For illustration purpose

For the time being, Mohd Yazid said that parents who do not want to send their children to school because they are worried about safety issues can do so, provided they send a letter to the school. He said this letter is important because if the DEO asks about the unsatisfactory attendance, the school can show the letter.

The inaction to close SK Bangsar although there are two positive Covid-19 cases have raised concerns as other schools that detected only one positive case among students were ordered to close before.

 

Also read: Puchong Has A New Cluster After Man Under Home-Quarantine Allowed Family To Visit Him

My Post

Source: Harian Metro
Source: Bangkok Post

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Dd Ft 7 Dd Ft 7
News3 hours ago

Married 42yo Seremban Teacher Charged with Grooming & Sexually Abusing Her 14yo Student Under Tree, In House

A 42-year-old Malaysian teacher has pleaded not guilty to five counts of sexual offences against her 14-year-old male student. Nurul...

Collage 26 Collage 26
News3 hours ago

“They are brave individuals” – All 29 Malaysian Global Sumud Flotilla Activists Have Been Kidnapped by Israel

Hope that humanitarian aid would finally reach the people of Gaza appeared to collapse on Tuesday night (19 May) after...

Dd Ft 6 Dd Ft 6
News5 hours ago

M’sian Woman in Her 80s Drives Against Traffic on PJ Highway While Trying to Find Exit, Gets Arrested

A video of a vehicle driving against the flow of traffic at KM10.8 of the Damansara-Shah Alam Elevated Expressway (DASH)...

Collage 25 Collage 25
News6 hours ago

“Unintentional mistake” – Health Dept Apologises & Clarifies Chinese-Language Dengue Card at KL Govt Clinic

The Federal Territories Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya Health Department (JKWPKL&P) has issued an apology following controversy surrounding the use of...

Dd Ft 5 Dd Ft 5
News1 day ago

Melaka Teens as Young as 14 Assault & Strangle Female E-Hailing Driver After Failing to Pay Ride Fare

A female e-hailing driver went through a terrifying ordeal after being beaten by a group of passengers who were suspected...

Dd Ft 3 Dd Ft 3
News2 days ago

MARA Chairman Slams Netizens for Belittling Cadet Pilot Programme Prioritising Tahfiz Students

Recently, Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) announced its decision to offer Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Tahfiz students the opportunity...

Collage 17 Collage 17
News6 days ago

“Sg Buloh Prison is overcrowded” – Lawyer Urges Court to Release Trio Who Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery on Bail

Three men accused of assaulting a long-haired man at a bak kut teh shop in Kepong were charged in the...

Collage 2 2 Collage 2 2
News6 days ago

“Shoot them if they evade arrest” – Kedah MB Urges Extreme Measures Against Langkawi Drug Syndicate

Kedah Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor has urged police to take firm, and even “extreme”, measures to...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY