Getting stung by a jellyfish is not something that should be taken lightly as it could be deadly!
Recently, a Swedish tourist who was enjoying his holiday in Pulau Langkawi sadly passed away after getting stung by a jellyfish. This tragic incident happened near Tanjung Rhu beach on 27 June.
According to NST, 60-year-old Sohrabi Saeed was swimming near the beach at 3.15pm when he got stung by the poisonous jellyfish. Minutes later, health complications ensued and he appeared to have fallen unconscious.
Members of the public tried performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on him but they failed to revive him.
“Police personnel at the Ayer Hangat police station, who received a report on the incident, rushed to the scene to conduct an initial investigation,” Langkawi police chief said.
At the time of writing, the species of the jellyfish has yet to be identified and the body has been sent to Langkawi Hospital for a post-mortem.
If you get stung by a jellyfish, here’s what you should do:
- Get out of the water immediately
- Rinse the area with vinegar for 30 seconds
- Remove the tentacles with a pair of tweezers
- Soak the affected area in hot water (40°C – 45°C)
- Head to the emergency department if the sting covers more than half of an arm or leg, or if you’re displaying any allergic reaction
It’s hard to spot a jellyfish, especially in cloudy water, so be sure to keep an eye out for these deadly creatures when swimming near the beach guys! Stay safe!
JUST IN: Swimming Pools Are Now Allowed To Be Open For Water Sports Training
Minister of Defence, Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri bin Yaakob has just announced in a live broadcast that swimming pools will...
JUST IN: Resorts World Genting Confirms That They Will Be Reopening Starting 19th June!
Guys, this is not a drill. Genting Highlands will officially be reopening by this weekend to the public after an extended closure due...
JUST IN: Setapak Barber Confirmed Positive For Covid-19, 40 Close Contact Cases Identified
In an update from the case of a barber in Setapak allegedly testing positive for Covid-19, our Health Director-General Dr...
JUST IN: Barber in Setapak Suspected To Be Positive For Covid-19 Only After 2 Days of Opening Barbershop
UPDATE: Health Director-General Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah has come forward to mention that the barber’s diagnosis has not been officially...
BREAKING: SPM & STPM Students Will Return To School By 24th June
In his latest live telecast to the Malaysian public, Education Minister Dr. Mohd Radzi bin Md Jidin has announced that...
Tired Of Comparing Prices On Different Websites? This ONE App Helps You Do That, Gives You Cashback & MORE
Nowadays, more and more Malaysians would prefer to do their shopping online rather than in physical stores. This is because...
Stronger, Faster & Smarter: Here’s Why M’sians Can’t Wait to Get the HUAWEI P40 Pro+ Dropping This Friday!
In case you didn’t know, we’re just a couple of days away from the launch of the HUAWEI P40 Pro+...
The New Normal Reveals 6 Things M’sians Do That Unknowingly Help Spread Germs & Bacteria Faster
Life has been a lot more different since the Movement Control Order (MCO) was implemented on 18 March 2020, almost...
- News13 hours ago
Photo of Human-Sized Bats Go Viral and Yes, They Actually Exist
- Current Affairs16 hours ago
Kanye West Announces He Will Be Running For President of America Over Twitter
- Current Affairs16 hours ago
World Famous Cirque Du Soleil Circus Act Officially Declares Bankrupty, Leaves 3,500 People Jobless
- Current Affairs12 hours ago
RMCO: 96 Individuals Arrested At Pubs And Nightclubs For Violating SOP