Connect with us

News

Top Glove Likely To Face Charges After MOHR Opens 19 Investigation Papers Against Companies

Published

Page 4
Source: Reuters & Provided to WOB

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Top Glove, a corporation that prides itself as the world’s largest manufacturer of gloves will likely be charged following 19 investigation papers that were opened up by the Ministry of Human Resources (MoHR) against six companies related to the corporation.

Top Glove 2

The MoHR said that the main offence faced by the Top Glove group is their failure to meet the minimum housing standards and provide amenities to its workers. The corporation also failed to apply for an accommodation certificate from the Director-general of the Department of Labour of Peninsular Malaysia (JTKSM) under Section 24D of the act, as reported by The Edge Markets.

As a result, it was discovered that the corporation committed other offences such as setting poor conditions for the accommodation of workers and lack of proper ventilation. It was also revealed that the buildings used for workers’ accommodation did not abide by the laws of local authorities.

“Checks on the workers’ dormitories and accommodation revealed that the employer had failed to abide by the Workers’ Minimum Standards of Housing and Amenities Act 1990 (Act 446),” said the statement, as reported by Astro Ulagam.

Af Topglove 251120

Enforcement operations were carried out on Top Glove subsidiaries in five states: Perak, Kedah, Kelantan, Negeri Sembilan and Johor after the outbreak of the Covid-19 Teratai cluster involving a Top Glove factory in Meru, Klang on 7 November. MoHR added that the sudden upsurge in positive Covid-19 cases which exceeded the 1,000 mark made the ministry undertake enforcement operations.

If the companies are found guilty of these offences, the employers can be fined up to RM50,000 on each count.

Screenshot 379 1

“The MoHR reiterates that the ministry will never compromise on the matter of non-compliance with Act 446 by any employer. In addition, the MoHR once again calls on employers and centralised accommodation providers to immediately apply for an accommodation certificate for those who have not yet done so,” added the statement.

Previously, World of Buzz managed to get in contact with several Top Glove employees who revealed that the company was still trying to operate secretly despite having its operations shut down.

What do you guys think of this? 

 

Also read: “Just make the factory look closed!” Top Glove Employees Say Factory Still Operating Secretly

Pjimage 2020 11 26T224943

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Collage 24 Collage 24
News16 hours ago

Plot Twist: ASEAN Records Exposes Fake Letter & Unregistered NGO After Allegations Go Viral

The Malaysia-based private record recognition platform found itself at the centre of controversy after a letter allegedly from the ASEAN...

Dd Ft 7 Dd Ft 7
News18 hours ago

Married 42yo Seremban Teacher Charged with Grooming & Sexually Abusing Her 14yo Student Under Tree, In House

A 42-year-old Malaysian teacher has pleaded not guilty to five counts of sexual offences against her 14-year-old male student. Nurul...

Collage 26 Collage 26
News19 hours ago

“They are brave individuals” – All 29 Malaysian Global Sumud Flotilla Activists Have Been Kidnapped by Israel

Hope that humanitarian aid would finally reach the people of Gaza appeared to collapse on Tuesday night (19 May) after...

Dd Ft 6 Dd Ft 6
News21 hours ago

M’sian Woman in Her 80s Drives Against Traffic on PJ Highway While Trying to Find Exit, Gets Arrested

A video of a vehicle driving against the flow of traffic at KM10.8 of the Damansara-Shah Alam Elevated Expressway (DASH)...

Collage 25 Collage 25
News21 hours ago

“Unintentional mistake” – Health Dept Apologises & Clarifies Chinese-Language Dengue Card at KL Govt Clinic

The Federal Territories Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya Health Department (JKWPKL&P) has issued an apology following controversy surrounding the use of...

Dd Ft 5 Dd Ft 5
News2 days ago

Melaka Teens as Young as 14 Assault & Strangle Female E-Hailing Driver After Failing to Pay Ride Fare

A female e-hailing driver went through a terrifying ordeal after being beaten by a group of passengers who were suspected...

Dd Ft 3 Dd Ft 3
News3 days ago

MARA Chairman Slams Netizens for Belittling Cadet Pilot Programme Prioritising Tahfiz Students

Recently, Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) announced its decision to offer Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Tahfiz students the opportunity...

Collage 17 Collage 17
News7 days ago

“Sg Buloh Prison is overcrowded” – Lawyer Urges Court to Release Trio Who Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery on Bail

Three men accused of assaulting a long-haired man at a bak kut teh shop in Kepong were charged in the...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY