Connect with us

News

Personal Bodyguard Sentenced To Death For Killing Employer & Two Others in Penang

Published

Hang To Death Ft
Source: Bernama & Kashmir Patriot

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

A personal bodyguard has been sentenced to death after the High Court found him guilty for murdering his employer and two others in a shooting incident that took place four years ago, along the Tun Dr Lim Chong Eu Expressway.

As reported by Bernama, Judge Datuk Abdul Wahab Mohamed handed down the death sentence on Ja’afar Halid, 41, after finding that the defence had failed to raise and establish reasonable doubts against the prosecution’s case.

Screenshot 133

He was convicted of killing his employer, who is businessman, Datuk Ong Teik Kwong, 32, and two other individuals, Choi Hoi Ming, 32, and Senthil Murugiah, 38, by shooting them with a firearm at the entrance to the Penang Bridge on the highway on 1 Dec 2016. 

For each offence, he was charged under Section 302 of the Penal Code which if convicted could result in a mandatory death sentence.

The court also sentenced him to 15 years in prison on five charges (each for 15 years in prison) for attempted murder by shooting five individuals, Lee Hong Boon, 59, in the left chest; Nurul Huda Ab Aziz, 42, on the shoulder; Puah Bee Joo, 36, on the shoulder; Mohamad Amirul Amin Mohamed Amer, 32, on the left chest and K. Arivarni, 37, on the head.

The sentence runs concurrently starting from the date he was arrested Dec 1, 2016.

Hang 2

Abdul Wahab explained his decision by saying that the accused’s statement stating that he did not remember what was done during the incident was not acceptable because based on the evidence during the prosecution stage showed the accused had the intention to do so.

Apart from that, he said the court also rejected the reason that the accused was insane because he thought that the evidence submitted found that the attack by the accused was targeted.

Abdul Wahab said according to the defence witness, who is a doctor, confirmed that the accused was indeed taking drugs due to his dependence and addiction to the substance, which he had been taking since he was 12 years old.

According to him, the allegation that the accused had a mental problem was also rejected even though the accused had been receiving treatment for several months before the incident.

The prosecution was conducted by Deputy Public Prosecutor Noor Azura Zulkiflee, while the accused was represented by lawyer Y. Anbanathan.

 

Also Read: M’sian Housewife Jailed For Stealing Up To RM160 Worth Of Groceries From Supermarket

House Wife Jailed

Source: Bernama

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Dd Ft 3 Dd Ft 3
News22 hours ago

MARA Chairman Slams Netizens for Belittling Cadet Pilot Programme Prioritising Tahfiz Students

Recently, Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) announced its decision to offer Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Tahfiz students the opportunity...

Collage 17 Collage 17
News5 days ago

“Sg Buloh Prison is overcrowded” – Lawyer Urges Court to Release Trio Who Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery on Bail

Three men accused of assaulting a long-haired man at a bak kut teh shop in Kepong were charged in the...

Collage 2 2 Collage 2 2
News5 days ago

“Shoot them if they evade arrest” – Kedah MB Urges Extreme Measures Against Langkawi Drug Syndicate

Kedah Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor has urged police to take firm, and even “extreme”, measures to...

Collage 15 Collage 15
News6 days ago

Jho Low Seeks Presidential Pardon from Donald Trump to Drop His 1MDB Criminal Charges in the US

Fugitive Malaysian businessman Low Taek Jho, better known as Jho Low, has reportedly applied for a presidential pardon from former...

Collage 14 Collage 14
News7 days ago

19yo M’sian Student Charged with Murder of Woman Found with 61 Stab Wounds, Faces Death Penalty

A college student has been charged at the Kota Bharu Magistrate’s Court today with the murder of 19-year-old Nurfisya Zulkifly...

Collage 13 Collage 13
News7 days ago

PDRM: Several Individuals, Believed to be Drunk, Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery for ‘Glaring’ at Them

A man was assaulted by a group of individuals after reportedly looking in their direction while dining at a restaurant...

Collage 11 Collage 11
News2 weeks ago

PDRM: 11yo Student Who Fell from Melaka School Was Retrieving Peer’s Shoe He Had Thrown on Awning

Police have confirmed that an incident involving a Standard 5 male student, who was injured after falling from a garage...

Collage 9 Collage 9
News2 weeks ago

11yo Falls From Melaka School Building While Retrieving Shoe Allegedly Thrown Onto Awning by a Peer

A Standard Five male student from a primary school in Batu Berendam, Melaka, was injured after falling from the first-floor...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY