In a recent development surrounding the case of a PDRM inspector allegedly raping two Mongolian women after detaining them at an MCO roadblock, it has been reported that the inspector in question has been released on police bail, according to Free Malaysia Today.
The 30-year-old inspector was remanded for an initial five days to help with the investigations (case under Section 376 of the Malaysian Penal Code for alleged rape), before a two-day extension was obtained from the magistrate. The extension expired on Saturday (18th April 2020).
Image: District police chief Nik Ezanee Mohd Faisal
As for the two Mongolian women, aged 20 and 37 respectively, district police chief Nik Ezanee Mohd Faisal said that authorities had already rescued them on 11th April 2020.
In speaking with Free Malaysia Today, Selangor Criminal Investigations Department chief Fadzil Ahmat has said that papers regarding the investigation have already been sent to the deputy public prosecutor’s office in Shah Alam.
“There is no necessity to detain him further since the investigation is over,
“But there are some loose ends that we need to tie up. Hopefully, a decision can be made next week,” he told the English paper.
For those who may not be familiar with the case, the Mongolian women were said to have been detained at a police road block on 10th April 2020 for not possessing relevant valid travel documents, before they were said to have been taken to a hotel and raped.
What do you think of this development?