Recently, a post was submitted on a Facebook page to show the salary difference between Singapore and Malaysia.
In the picture, it shows that in Malaysia:
- A part-time crew earns: RM7.21 per hour
- Full-time crew earns: RM1,500 per month
- Assistant restaurant manager earns: RM2,200 per month
Whereas in Singapore:
- Part-time crew earns: $11SGD (RM35.07) per hour
- Part-time assistant manager earns: $15SGD(Rm47.83) per hour
- Full-time crew earns: $2,000SGD(RM6,377.21) per month
- Full-time manager earns: $3,800SGD(RM12,116.70) per month
“Such a big difference! Did they manage to even hire anyone?”
The pay gap has sparked some interest and here’s what some netizens said:
“Life expenses are different.”
“I would rather go to Singapore.”
As social media users, we’d occasionally stumble across different types of posts on Facebook. Some may be serious, amusing, or outright ridiculous. As it’s an anonymous post, we also remind everyone to take it with a pinch of salt and check with appropriate parties for further information.