Every now and then, we’ll tend to hear remarkable statements by Malaysian politicians which our simple minds sometimes unable to comprehend.
Here we have compiled a few top quotes and some of the best moments from our most brilliant ministers. Notable people like Najib, Anwar, Rosmah and our all time favorite, Samy Vellu are no exceptions.
Disclaimer: These are exact statements made by the individuals themselves. Political comments and any suggestive remarks are strictly prohibited.
1. Samy Velu: “Bagi saya, ini adalah satu pembaziran atas duit rakyat. Kita sepatutnya tidak hantar mereka ke bulan, tapi hantar mereka pergi ke MATAHARI! Barulah USA dan Russia respect sama kita!
Journalist: “Tapi Dato Seri, matahari kan panas, macam mana mahu pergi?”
Samy Vellu: “Itu pasal you takda jadi menteri, saya sudah 30 tahun jadi menteri, mesti ada penyelesaian. Kita jangan pergi siang, banyak panas. Kita pergi malam baru ada sejuk!
2. “When price dropped, they don’t want to praise the government. But when it rises, they blame the government… This is not fair as it is due to weather conditions.” – Najib on rising prices.
Well, a minor good news is still a good news, especially for kankung lovers.
3. “As soon as I win, I will declare RM1 is equivalent to US$1.” – Anwar’s comment on election.
4. “..orang2 muda sekarang banyak hisap dada..” – Samy Velu on rising substance abuse.
5. “Malaysia tidak pernah dijajah, sebaliknya, hanya dinaungi atau dilindungi oleh British.” – Zainal Kling on basics of history, Ketua Kluster Sejarah Warisan dan Sosiobudaya Majlis Profesor Negara.
Well, he’s the expert after all.
6. “Had a good chat yesterday with Mark Zuckerberg at Twitter HQ.” – Najib Twitter comment.
7. “BESOK KIRIM, HARI INI SAMPAI” – Samy Velu commenting on Pos Laju speedy delivery system.
8. “These people just want to topple the Government but they can’t get at Najib. So, they get to me.“ – Rosmah when replying rumours on social media.
9. “Cant’t sleep? Read my latest book.“ – Mahathir during the release of his book “The Wit and Wisdom of Dr Mahathir Mohamad”.
A fine politician and also a seasoned marketer.
10. “These Olympic women’s swimsuits are so ketat, they make my Dark Knight rise.” – a pseudo account of Samy Velu tweeting on Olympic women; something worth mentioning.
11. “Are you ready for BN?” “No!” – Najib brief moment of shame during the event PSY Gangnam Style Live in Penang.
12. “…marilah kita semua menderma dara..” – Samy Velu at a blood donation campaign.
13. “International research has found that the longest a sperm can last is 72 hours, but Anwar’s can last 96 hours because I am Superman” – Anwar’s comment on sodomy case.
14. “Beli sendiri guna duit menabung dari kecil” – Rosmah on her fabulous diamond ring.
Always remember, “Sedikit-sedikit, lama-lama jadi bukit”.
Perhaps one day you’ll be able to buy a nice diamond ring for yourself too.
15. “Tuan tuan dan puan puan, saudara mara, sesudah semua orang makan kenyang, sekarang kita mempersilakan Datin Paduka Rafidah Aziz naik ke pentas untuk membuka kain” – Samy Velu on welcoming a Datin on to the stage.
16. “Kemaluan saya besar” – Samy Velu during a TV interview, when trying to say he was ashamed.
JUST IN: Swimming Pools Are Now Allowed To Be Open For Water Sports Training
Minister of Defence, Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri bin Yaakob has just announced in a live broadcast that swimming pools will...
JUST IN: Resorts World Genting Confirms That They Will Be Reopening Starting 19th June!
Guys, this is not a drill. Genting Highlands will officially be reopening by this weekend to the public after an extended closure due...
JUST IN: Setapak Barber Confirmed Positive For Covid-19, 40 Close Contact Cases Identified
In an update from the case of a barber in Setapak allegedly testing positive for Covid-19, our Health Director-General Dr...
JUST IN: Barber in Setapak Suspected To Be Positive For Covid-19 Only After 2 Days of Opening Barbershop
UPDATE: Health Director-General Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah has come forward to mention that the barber’s diagnosis has not been officially...
BREAKING: SPM & STPM Students Will Return To School By 24th June
In his latest live telecast to the Malaysian public, Education Minister Dr. Mohd Radzi bin Md Jidin has announced that...
Stronger, Faster & Smarter: Here’s Why M’sians Can’t Wait to Get the HUAWEI P40 Pro+ Dropping This Friday!
In case you didn’t know, we’re just a couple of days away from the launch of the HUAWEI P40 Pro+...
The New Normal Reveals 6 Things M’sians Do That Unknowingly Help Spread Germs & Bacteria Faster
Life has been a lot more different since the Movement Control Order (MCO) was implemented on 18 March 2020, almost...
Here Are 6 Things Every Malaysian Should Know About Car Loans Before Even Picking One Out
So you’re ready to go out there and take on the world but there’s one aspect of adulting you are...
- Current Affairs11 hours ago
Junior Medical Officers Worry For Their Future As They May Not Be Absorbed Into MOH
- Culture9 hours ago
Feeling Stressed? Why Not Visit Huskiss, A Doggo Paradise Located In SS7, Kelana Jaya!
- Fashion10 hours ago
Malaysian Brand ‘Oxwhite’ Secures RM5 Million Investment Last Year, Now Has Huge Plans
- Current Affairs6 hours ago
Is Swine Flu Making A Comeback In Malaysia & Should We Be Worried?