Every now and then, we’ll tend to hear remarkable statements by Malaysian politicians which our simple minds sometimes unable to comprehend.
Here we have compiled a few top quotes and some of the best moments from our most brilliant ministers. Notable people like Najib, Anwar, Rosmah and our all time favorite, Samy Vellu are no exceptions.
Disclaimer: These are exact statements made by the individuals themselves. Political comments and any suggestive remarks are strictly prohibited.
1. Samy Velu: “Bagi saya, ini adalah satu pembaziran atas duit rakyat. Kita sepatutnya tidak hantar mereka ke bulan, tapi hantar mereka pergi ke MATAHARI! Barulah USA dan Russia respect sama kita!
Journalist: “Tapi Dato Seri, matahari kan panas, macam mana mahu pergi?”
Samy Vellu: “Itu pasal you takda jadi menteri, saya sudah 30 tahun jadi menteri, mesti ada penyelesaian. Kita jangan pergi siang, banyak panas. Kita pergi malam baru ada sejuk!
2. “When price dropped, they don’t want to praise the government. But when it rises, they blame the government… This is not fair as it is due to weather conditions.” – Najib on rising prices.
Well, a minor good news is still a good news, especially for kankung lovers.
3. “As soon as I win, I will declare RM1 is equivalent to US$1.” – Anwar’s comment on election.
4. “..orang2 muda sekarang banyak hisap dada..” – Samy Velu on rising substance abuse.
5. “Malaysia tidak pernah dijajah, sebaliknya, hanya dinaungi atau dilindungi oleh British.” – Zainal Kling on basics of history, Ketua Kluster Sejarah Warisan dan Sosiobudaya Majlis Profesor Negara.
Well, he’s the expert after all.
6. “Had a good chat yesterday with Mark Zuckerberg at Twitter HQ.” – Najib Twitter comment.
7. “BESOK KIRIM, HARI INI SAMPAI” – Samy Velu commenting on Pos Laju speedy delivery system.
8. “These people just want to topple the Government but they can’t get at Najib. So, they get to me.“ – Rosmah when replying rumours on social media.
9. “Cant’t sleep? Read my latest book.“ – Mahathir during the release of his book “The Wit and Wisdom of Dr Mahathir Mohamad”.
A fine politician and also a seasoned marketer.
10. “These Olympic women’s swimsuits are so ketat, they make my Dark Knight rise.” – a pseudo account of Samy Velu tweeting on Olympic women; something worth mentioning.
11. “Are you ready for BN?” “No!” – Najib brief moment of shame during the event PSY Gangnam Style Live in Penang.
12. “…marilah kita semua menderma dara..” – Samy Velu at a blood donation campaign.
13. “International research has found that the longest a sperm can last is 72 hours, but Anwar’s can last 96 hours because I am Superman” – Anwar’s comment on sodomy case.
14. “Beli sendiri guna duit menabung dari kecil” – Rosmah on her fabulous diamond ring.
Always remember, “Sedikit-sedikit, lama-lama jadi bukit”.
Perhaps one day you’ll be able to buy a nice diamond ring for yourself too.
15. “Tuan tuan dan puan puan, saudara mara, sesudah semua orang makan kenyang, sekarang kita mempersilakan Datin Paduka Rafidah Aziz naik ke pentas untuk membuka kain” – Samy Velu on welcoming a Datin on to the stage.
16. “Kemaluan saya besar” – Samy Velu during a TV interview, when trying to say he was ashamed.
Najib: “Malaysia is the only country in the world to use Covid-19 as an excuse to suspend the parliament”
Today (January 20), Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak challenged Finance Minister, Tengku Datuk Seri Mohd Zafrul Tengku Abdul Aziz’s statement...
Ang Mohs In Indonesia Forced To Do Push-Ups & Sweep Streets As Fines Are “Too Cheap”
It’s no secret that many foreigners prefer Asian countries for vacations and jobs, but being in a foreign country means...
Jack Ma Resurfaces In Video Conference After Being MIA For Nearly 3 Months
Founder of Alibaba.com and billionaire, Jack Ma, was reported missing and under the surveillance of the Chinese government as he...
Perhilitan Saves Deer With Broken Leg After It Was Hit By A Vehicle in Perak
A male deer was rescued last night by the Perak Department of Wildlife and National Parks (Perhilitan) Department a car...
“You have the right to be angry at politicians, not the frontliners” Selangor MB Tells Rakyat
In his press conference today (20 January), the Selangor MB has said: “I realise that Malaysians are holding a deep...
News21 hours ago
Motorcyclist Who Robbed 51yo Woman In Car Park Arrested While Victim Suffers Injuries
Social Stories18 hours ago
PDRM Warns Public Of New Scams Targeting To Take Over WhatsApp Accounts
Social Stories17 hours ago
MDEC Chairman Under Fire After Telling M’sians To Shop Less Online & Support Local Stores Instead
News14 hours ago
M’sian Homestay Guest Trashes Place & Steals Up To RM6,000 Worth Of Furniture