Connect with us

News

“I’ve no intention to mock His Highness” Sanusi Apologises to Sultan Selangor for Insulting Remark

Published

Collage 126
Source: Facebook | Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor & Facebook | Selangor Royal Office

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Kedah Menteri Besar, Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor issued a public apology to Sultan Selangor yesterday (September 25) via a press conference, which was shared on his Facebook page.

In his 1st public pardon request, Sanusi expressed his regret and acknowledged that his comments had caused unease and hurt the feelings of the state ruler.

“I humbly wish to convey to His Highness that there was no intention in my heart to mock His Highness, whom I truly respect and hold in high regard. I realized that my words have caused discomfort and have hurt His Majesty’s heart and feelings”

Screenshot 2024 09 26 102614

Sanusi also said he is seeking the forgiveness of His Majesty Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah Alhaj Ibni Almarhum Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah Alhaj, Tuanku Sultan of Selangor for his statement on 11 July 2023, which was made at Taman Selayang Mutiara in the district of Gombak, Selangor during the state election.

The Kedah MB also said he never intended to make fun of the Selangor state ruler whom he has respected and admired all this time. Sanusi promised to be more careful when making statements in the future and will ensure that every speech is in line with the proper etiquette of Malay culture which always upholds Malay Kings and the King’s Institutions.

457503661 18350515900136613 7130683840029836647 N

“Therefore, with full humility and regret, I seek the forgiveness of His Highness, the Sultan of Selangor, the Selangor menteri besar, and the people of Selangor for my indecency.”

What remark did Sanusi make?

In July 2023, Sanusi was arrested by PDRM in Mont Kiara and was charged under Section 4(1)(A) of the Sedition Act for allegedly insulting Sultan Selangor.

The Kedah MB, however, pleaded not guilty at the Selayang Sessions Court and was released on RM10,000 bail.

Screenshot 2024 09 26 103045

A few days before his arrest, Sanusi made comparisons between Kedah and Selangor’s royal households and suggested that the Kedah ruler would not have appointed Selangor MB, Datuk Seri Amirudin Shari as Menteri Besar. His remark led to numerous police reports, including one from the Selangor Royal Council.

Despite the explanation letter from Sanusi who said his remarks were twisted, Sultan Selangor decreed that the matter is still unresolved, according to a Facebook post by the Selangor Royal Office.

The case management for the sedition charge is scheduled for tomorrow (September 27), after it was postponed from July 2024, reported New Straits Times.

 

Also read: Sultan Selangor Reminds Politicians NOT to Play on Sensitive Issues During Campaigns for State Elections

Collage 15 2

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Dd Ft 14 Dd Ft 14
News12 hours ago

PMX Personally Delivers Aid to Banting Fire Victims, Including Family of 3yo Who Perished

A massive fire that broke out on 6 February destroyed about 90% of three houses in Banting, Selangor. As previously...

Collage 57 Collage 57
News2 days ago

“No-trading zone” – DBKL Seizes Goods from Illegal Vendors ‘Tainting’ Bangunan Sultan Abdul Samad View

It did not take long for Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) to take action against the illegal vendors dominating Dataran...

My Post 1 2026 02 18T123135.779 My Post 1 2026 02 18T123135.779
News3 days ago

“Ensuring public safety” – DBKL Clarifies ‘Dakwah’ Stall Closure, Claims NGO Official Never Appeared

Earlier today, we reported that popular Malaysian preacher Firdaus Wong called out Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) for allegedly closing...

Collage 50 Collage 50
News4 days ago

28yo Drunk Porsche Driver Pleads Not Guilty to Causing Couple’s Death in Pahang, Released on RM10k Bail

A 28-year-old Porsche Cayenne driver pleaded not guilty in court yesterday (16 February) to a charge of driving under the...

Dd Ft 5 Dd Ft 5
News5 days ago

“You are on my radar” – Yang di-Pertuan Agong Warns Corrupt Officers in MACC & Other Govt Agencies

His Majesty the Yang di-Pertuan Agong Sultan Ibrahim has warned that more individuals are now on His Majesty’s “radar” in...

Dd Ft Dd Ft
News5 days ago

PDRM: Up to 7 Years’ Jail, RM10k Fine for Fireworks Other Than ‘Happy Boom’ & ‘Pop-Pop’ This CNY

The Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) has reminded the public that possessing, selling, buying or setting off firecrackers and fireworks for...

Anwarft 1 Anwarft 1
News5 days ago

“We can go even further!” – PMX Claims Malaysia Has ‘Extraordinary Potential’ if Governance Stays Clean

Malaysia has extraordinary potential to achieve even faster progress if it continues to be governed effectively and with integrity, said...

Feat Image Ringgit Feat Image Ringgit
News5 days ago

Ringgit Has Gained 14% Against USD, So Why Haven’t Prices Gone Down? Finance Minister II Explains

Finance Minister II Datuk Seri Amir Hamzah Azizan has addressed concerns regarding why the prices of goods in Malaysia remain...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY