Connect with us

News

“It’s a worrying trend” – MOT & KPDN in Talks to Ban the Sale of “Dummy Buckles” in the Market

Published

Collage 59 1
Source: BERNAMA & Canva

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

The Ministry of Transport (MOT) and the Ministry of Domestic Trade and Cost of Living (KPDN) are discussing banning the sale of “dummy buckles,” which are widely available in the market.

According to BERNAMA, Transport Minister Anthony Loke Siew Fook said they’re discussing how each ministry can step up enforcement since selling these seatbelt alarm deactivators goes against road safety rules.

Screenshot 2025 02 18 160440

“The use of dummy buckles is not allowed”

Loke pointed out that using a dummy buckle goes against the rules since it means drivers aren’t actually wearing a seatbelt.

“These dummy buckles aren’t allowed. But cracking down on their sale isn’t under this ministry (MOT), it’s under KPDN. We know most new cars have sensors that beep if the seatbelt isn’t worn.”

Earlier, Negeri Sembilan JPJ director Hanif Yusabra Yusuf said using seatbelt alarm deactivators and not wearing seatbelts properly is becoming a worrying trend.

During the Chinese New Year Special Operation, the biggest violation recorded was people not wearing seatbelts with 195 cases in total, with over 30% involving these dummy buckles.

Didis Canva Do Not Touch 2025 02 18T160512.455

For illustration purposes only

Proper bus wiring and socket setup are in progress

Loke confirmed that the ban on 3-pin and USB sockets in express buses, which started on November 6 last year, is still in place until the MOT comes up with a new policy and guidelines for wiring installations, as reported by Harian Metro.

He also mentioned that the Energy Commission, along with SIRIM, is working on a proper wiring and socket installation guideline for buses, which could be ready as early as May.

This comes after a tragic incident last year involving a passenger who was electrocuted while trying to charge his phone using a socket on an express bus at Penang Sentral on November 1.

Screenshot 2025 02 18 160737

What are your thoughts on this? Let us know down in the comments!

 

Also read: 18yo Teen in Penang Dies from Electrocution While Charging His Smartphone Using Socket on Express Bus

Feat Image Death

Source: BERNAMA
Source: Canva
Source: Kosmo

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Collage 24 Collage 24
News16 hours ago

Plot Twist: ASEAN Records Exposes Fake Letter & Unregistered NGO After Allegations Go Viral

The Malaysia-based private record recognition platform found itself at the centre of controversy after a letter allegedly from the ASEAN...

Dd Ft 7 Dd Ft 7
News18 hours ago

Married 42yo Seremban Teacher Charged with Grooming & Sexually Abusing Her 14yo Student Under Tree, In House

A 42-year-old Malaysian teacher has pleaded not guilty to five counts of sexual offences against her 14-year-old male student. Nurul...

Collage 26 Collage 26
News19 hours ago

“They are brave individuals” – All 29 Malaysian Global Sumud Flotilla Activists Have Been Kidnapped by Israel

Hope that humanitarian aid would finally reach the people of Gaza appeared to collapse on Tuesday night (19 May) after...

Dd Ft 6 Dd Ft 6
News21 hours ago

M’sian Woman in Her 80s Drives Against Traffic on PJ Highway While Trying to Find Exit, Gets Arrested

A video of a vehicle driving against the flow of traffic at KM10.8 of the Damansara-Shah Alam Elevated Expressway (DASH)...

Collage 25 Collage 25
News21 hours ago

“Unintentional mistake” – Health Dept Apologises & Clarifies Chinese-Language Dengue Card at KL Govt Clinic

The Federal Territories Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya Health Department (JKWPKL&P) has issued an apology following controversy surrounding the use of...

Dd Ft 5 Dd Ft 5
News2 days ago

Melaka Teens as Young as 14 Assault & Strangle Female E-Hailing Driver After Failing to Pay Ride Fare

A female e-hailing driver went through a terrifying ordeal after being beaten by a group of passengers who were suspected...

Dd Ft 3 Dd Ft 3
News3 days ago

MARA Chairman Slams Netizens for Belittling Cadet Pilot Programme Prioritising Tahfiz Students

Recently, Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) announced its decision to offer Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Tahfiz students the opportunity...

Collage 17 Collage 17
News7 days ago

“Sg Buloh Prison is overcrowded” – Lawyer Urges Court to Release Trio Who Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery on Bail

Three men accused of assaulting a long-haired man at a bak kut teh shop in Kepong were charged in the...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY