Connect with us

Social Stories

Founder of Viral M’sian Dessert Chain Says He Has Spoken to KWSP & is Paying Workers’ EPF Gradually

Published

Collage 52
Source: Instagram | bubblebeemalaysia

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

A popular Malaysian dessert chain, Bubblebbe recently went viral for allegedly NOT paying its employees’ EPF for months. Just last night (November 10), the founder, Shuib Sepahtu, who is also a local comedian took to his Instagram and clarified the matter which was initially circulated by an unknown employee.

In case you’re wondering if KWSP is aware of the matter, Shuib said the management had spoken to the organisation earlier and came to a middle ground.

“We have been gradually paying the outstanding EPF of the workers since early 2022.”

Screenshot 2023 11 11 110455

Shuib also admitted that 2023 has NOT been a good year for the F&B industry and unfortunately, his dessert chain is also seeing a massive drop in sales, so much so that the financial department had trouble paying the workers’ EPF. However, Shuib said that the anonymous letter was exaggerating.

“The content of the letter makes it look like we’re ignoring the matter completely. We’re not.”

Bubble Bee

As for how it started, Shuib claimed it started with the previous management of Bubblebee.

No pay cuts, even during MCO

Despite the outstanding EPF payments, Shuib said that Bubblebee has gone through tough times like MCO during the peak of the pandemic. Despite the tough times, he has never cut the salaries of his workers. As for the EPF payments, Shuib promised that the financial department is in the midst of clearing the outstanding payment.

“We’ve reached out to KWSP earlier this year and shared with them our situation because we knew we couldn’t afford to pay all at once. After the discussion, KWSP allowed us to clear the outstanding EPF payments in instalments.”

Screenshot 2020 10 13 At 9.22.39 Am E1602552259845

In the meantime, Shuib also apologised to current and past workers of Bubblebee for the outstanding payment and assured them that he would settle the issue as soon as possible.

“We will pay because that’s our responsibilities as employers. We’ve settled quite a lot and now, we’re just doing some calculations on the number of instalments,” Shuib explained.

Many businesses have suffered from financial losses and some even had to close their doors. Shuib’s hard work in managing the issues, however, shouldn’t be overlooked and we do hope that the matters will be resolved soon.

 

Also read: M’sian Dessert Chain That Made RM150 Mil in 3 Years Allegedly Hasn’t Paid Workers’ EPF for Months

Collage 50

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Dd Ft 14 Dd Ft 14
News5 hours ago

PMX Personally Delivers Aid to Banting Fire Victims, Including Family of 3yo Who Perished

A massive fire that broke out on 6 February destroyed about 90% of three houses in Banting, Selangor. As previously...

Collage 57 Collage 57
News1 day ago

“No-trading zone” – DBKL Seizes Goods from Illegal Vendors ‘Tainting’ Bangunan Sultan Abdul Samad View

It did not take long for Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) to take action against the illegal vendors dominating Dataran...

My Post 1 2026 02 18T123135.779 My Post 1 2026 02 18T123135.779
News2 days ago

“Ensuring public safety” – DBKL Clarifies ‘Dakwah’ Stall Closure, Claims NGO Official Never Appeared

Earlier today, we reported that popular Malaysian preacher Firdaus Wong called out Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) for allegedly closing...

Collage 50 Collage 50
News3 days ago

28yo Drunk Porsche Driver Pleads Not Guilty to Causing Couple’s Death in Pahang, Released on RM10k Bail

A 28-year-old Porsche Cayenne driver pleaded not guilty in court yesterday (16 February) to a charge of driving under the...

Dd Ft 5 Dd Ft 5
News4 days ago

“You are on my radar” – Yang di-Pertuan Agong Warns Corrupt Officers in MACC & Other Govt Agencies

His Majesty the Yang di-Pertuan Agong Sultan Ibrahim has warned that more individuals are now on His Majesty’s “radar” in...

Dd Ft Dd Ft
News4 days ago

PDRM: Up to 7 Years’ Jail, RM10k Fine for Fireworks Other Than ‘Happy Boom’ & ‘Pop-Pop’ This CNY

The Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) has reminded the public that possessing, selling, buying or setting off firecrackers and fireworks for...

Anwarft 1 Anwarft 1
News5 days ago

“We can go even further!” – PMX Claims Malaysia Has ‘Extraordinary Potential’ if Governance Stays Clean

Malaysia has extraordinary potential to achieve even faster progress if it continues to be governed effectively and with integrity, said...

Feat Image Ringgit Feat Image Ringgit
News5 days ago

Ringgit Has Gained 14% Against USD, So Why Haven’t Prices Gone Down? Finance Minister II Explains

Finance Minister II Datuk Seri Amir Hamzah Azizan has addressed concerns regarding why the prices of goods in Malaysia remain...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY