Connect with us

Social Stories

Founder of Viral M’sian Dessert Chain Says He Has Spoken to KWSP & is Paying Workers’ EPF Gradually

Published

Collage 52
Source: Instagram | bubblebeemalaysia

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

A popular Malaysian dessert chain, Bubblebbe recently went viral for allegedly NOT paying its employees’ EPF for months. Just last night (November 10), the founder, Shuib Sepahtu, who is also a local comedian took to his Instagram and clarified the matter which was initially circulated by an unknown employee.

In case you’re wondering if KWSP is aware of the matter, Shuib said the management had spoken to the organisation earlier and came to a middle ground.

“We have been gradually paying the outstanding EPF of the workers since early 2022.”

Screenshot 2023 11 11 110455

Shuib also admitted that 2023 has NOT been a good year for the F&B industry and unfortunately, his dessert chain is also seeing a massive drop in sales, so much so that the financial department had trouble paying the workers’ EPF. However, Shuib said that the anonymous letter was exaggerating.

“The content of the letter makes it look like we’re ignoring the matter completely. We’re not.”

Bubble Bee

As for how it started, Shuib claimed it started with the previous management of Bubblebee.

No pay cuts, even during MCO

Despite the outstanding EPF payments, Shuib said that Bubblebee has gone through tough times like MCO during the peak of the pandemic. Despite the tough times, he has never cut the salaries of his workers. As for the EPF payments, Shuib promised that the financial department is in the midst of clearing the outstanding payment.

“We’ve reached out to KWSP earlier this year and shared with them our situation because we knew we couldn’t afford to pay all at once. After the discussion, KWSP allowed us to clear the outstanding EPF payments in instalments.”

Screenshot 2020 10 13 At 9.22.39 Am E1602552259845

In the meantime, Shuib also apologised to current and past workers of Bubblebee for the outstanding payment and assured them that he would settle the issue as soon as possible.

“We will pay because that’s our responsibilities as employers. We’ve settled quite a lot and now, we’re just doing some calculations on the number of instalments,” Shuib explained.

Many businesses have suffered from financial losses and some even had to close their doors. Shuib’s hard work in managing the issues, however, shouldn’t be overlooked and we do hope that the matters will be resolved soon.

 

Also read: M’sian Dessert Chain That Made RM150 Mil in 3 Years Allegedly Hasn’t Paid Workers’ EPF for Months

Collage 50

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Collage 17 Collage 17
News21 hours ago

“Sg Buloh Prison is overcrowded” – Lawyer Urges Court to Release Trio Who Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery on Bail

Three men accused of assaulting a long-haired man at a bak kut teh shop in Kepong were charged in the...

Collage 2 2 Collage 2 2
News23 hours ago

“Shoot them if they evade arrest” – Kedah MB Urges Extreme Measures Against Langkawi Drug Syndicate

Kedah Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor has urged police to take firm, and even “extreme”, measures to...

Collage 15 Collage 15
News2 days ago

Jho Low Seeks Presidential Pardon from Donald Trump to Drop His 1MDB Criminal Charges in the US

Fugitive Malaysian businessman Low Taek Jho, better known as Jho Low, has reportedly applied for a presidential pardon from former...

Collage 14 Collage 14
News3 days ago

19yo M’sian Student Charged with Murder of Woman Found with 61 Stab Wounds, Faces Death Penalty

A college student has been charged at the Kota Bharu Magistrate’s Court today with the murder of 19-year-old Nurfisya Zulkifly...

Collage 13 Collage 13
News3 days ago

PDRM: Several Individuals, Believed to be Drunk, Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery for ‘Glaring’ at Them

A man was assaulted by a group of individuals after reportedly looking in their direction while dining at a restaurant...

Collage 11 Collage 11
News7 days ago

PDRM: 11yo Student Who Fell from Melaka School Was Retrieving Peer’s Shoe He Had Thrown on Awning

Police have confirmed that an incident involving a Standard 5 male student, who was injured after falling from a garage...

Collage 9 Collage 9
News1 week ago

11yo Falls From Melaka School Building While Retrieving Shoe Allegedly Thrown Onto Awning by a Peer

A Standard Five male student from a primary school in Batu Berendam, Melaka, was injured after falling from the first-floor...

Dd Ft 17 Dd Ft 17
News1 week ago

“I forgive him” – Father of 8yo Girl Fatally Struck Near Johor School Urges Public Not to Blame Van Driver

An 8-year-old student was fatally struck in front of Sekolah Kebangsaan (SK) Seri Maimon in Parit Sulong, Batu Pahat, Johor,...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY