fbpx
Connect with us

Social Stories

Woman’s Powerbank EXPLODED By Her Bedside Even Though She Wasn’t Charging It

Published

Woman's Powerbank Left Uncharged Overnight, Wakes Up To Burning Smell Because It Exploded In Her Sleep - World Of Buzz 5
Source: Facebook & Facebook

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

We’ve all heard our fair share of  horror stories that happen when you leave your phone to charge overnight. Unfortunately, it looks like some of our devices are still at risk of going up in flames even when they’re not being charged. 

Woman's Powerbank Left Uncharged Overnight, Wakes Up To Burning Smell Because It Exploded In Her Sleep - World Of Buzz 3

Source: facebook

Recently, a Thai netizen took to Facebook to share the story of how she nearly found herself trapped in a fire when she left her power bank next to her bedside overnight and woke up to the smell of something burning at 5am in the morning.

“I was sleeping but woke up coughing at around 5am. I saw smoke around me, rising to the height of around 20cm. I quickly extinguished the fire and saw that the explosion was caused by my power bank.”

In the pictures shared alongside the post, the power bank is barely recognisable! The entire device was burned and charred black all the way through, and looked as if it could’ve burned a hole into the ground if the netizen didn’t put out the fire when she did.

Woman's Powerbank Left Uncharged Overnight, Wakes Up To Burning Smell Because It Exploded In Her Sleep - World Of Buzz

Source: facebook

“Be sure to buy from trusted stores only. P.S. It wasn’t being charged, it was just lying on the floor.”

The post has since garnered viral status with nearly 900 shares and 1,200 likes. Netizens in the comment section were stumped as to why this could’ve happened when the device wasn’t even charging! Some said that this just proves why power banks aren’t allowed to be checked in on flights.

Woman's Powerbank Left Uncharged Overnight, Wakes Up To Burning Smell Because It Exploded In Her Sleep - World Of Buzz 1

Source: facebook

Others tried to reason the scary incident by saying that the power bank short-circuited as a result of constantly being overcharged.

Woman's Powerbank Left Uncharged Overnight, Wakes Up To Burning Smell Because It Exploded In Her Sleep - World Of Buzz 2

Source: facebook

According to Mobile Charger, power banks run the risk of exploding when the circuit design is produced improperly, which tends to happen when you buy your device for an unreasonably cheap prices from questionable providers.

“If the circuit design is not in line with the safety standards of the battery, the risk of power banks exploding increases.”

Woman's Powerbank Left Uncharged Overnight, Wakes Up To Burning Smell Because It Exploded In Her Sleep - World Of Buzz 4

Source: facebook

In line with the netizen’s advice, here’s a warning for all of you power bank owners who sleep beside your device, make sure they come from proper manufacturers if you want to avoid the risk of your brain getting fried.

 

Also read: WATCH: CCTV Footage Shows Woman’s Backpack Bursting into Flames Because Of Power Bank

Watch: Cctv Footage Shows Woman's Backpack Bursts Into Flames Because Of Power Bank - World Of Buzz 1


Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

State Ft State Ft
News7 mins ago

Senior Minister: Interstate Travel May Be Allowed In 3 Weeks

Malaysians may soon be able to travel across states, according to Senior Minister Dato’ Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein. According to...

Pdrm Suggests Senior Citizens Be Assessed Before Renewing Drivers License Pdrm Suggests Senior Citizens Be Assessed Before Renewing Drivers License
News2 days ago

PDRM Proposes ‘Ability To Drive’ Assessment For Senior Citizens Before They Can Renew Their License

PDRM has suggested that the government needs to set a new requirement for senior citizens before they can renew their...

Sri Lankan Shaman Dies Of Covid 19 Sri Lankan Shaman Dies Of Covid 19
News2 days ago

Sri Lanka’s Famous Shaman Who Allegedly Claims He Could Cure Covid-19 Dies Due To The Virus

A high-profile shaman from Sri Lanka who claimed he was able to stop the spread of the virus in his...

Az Gap Decreased To 6 Weeks Az Gap Decreased To 6 Weeks
News2 days ago

YB Khairy: Interval Between 1st & 2nd Doses Of AstraZeneca Vaccine Shortened To 6 Weeks

The Minister of Health, YB Khairy Jamaluddin informed that the period between the first and second doses of the AstraZeneca...

Skid Skid
News2 days ago

Lorry Driver High On Drugs Falls Asleep On The Wheel & Loses Control Of Vehicle On NKVE

A lorry driver lost control of his vehicle after falling asleep on the wheel and skidded on the NKVE heading...

My Post 2021 09 24T142119.604 1 My Post 2021 09 24T142119.604 1
News2 days ago

M’sian Man In Somalia Sentenced To 15 Years In Jail For Assisting Terrorist Organisation

A 34-year-old Malaysian man named Ahmad Mustakim Abdul Hamid, was sentenced to 15 years in prison by a Somali military...

Kjherd Kjherd
News2 days ago

KJ: Herd Immunity No Longer Achievable With 80% Vaccination Due To Delta Variant

The Ministry of Health (KKM) will not longer use the conventional formula of achieving herd immunity with at least 80%...

My Post 2021 09 24T114551.289 My Post 2021 09 24T114551.289
News2 days ago

56 Politicians Were Convicted Of Flouting SOPs Throughout The Lockdown Period

A couple of months ago, #KerajaanGagal was trending online for various reasons, one of which is the fact that many...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY