fbpx
Connect with us

News

“Reopen The Teoh Beng Hock Case,” Demands Lim Kit Siang

Published

"re-Open The Teoh Beng Hock Case," Demands Lim Kit Siang - World Of Buzz 3
Source: Malay Mail & CPI Asia

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Ministers in the new government are ensuring that things are done with more transparency now, especially when it comes to high-profile investigations.

According to Free Malaysia Today, Democratic Action Party (DAP) leader, Lim Kit Siang noted what Umno president Ahmad Zahid Hamidi said about former prime minister Dato’ Seri Najib Tun Razak’s questioning at the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) headquarters yesterday (22nd May). He had reportedly stated that everyone should respect the investigation process as long as it is being conducted within appropriate hours.

"re-Open The Teoh Beng Hock Case," Demands Lim Kit Siang - World Of Buzz 2

Source: malay mail

Lim Kit Siang pointed out that if the same rule Zahid Hamidi mentioned had been followed all this while, journalist Teoh Beng Hock would not have died. He was quoted as saying,

“If this rule had been strictly observed, Teoh Beng Hock would not have died at the Selangor MACC premises in Shah Alam on July 16, 2009, and still be awaiting justice nearly nine years later – the reason why the Teoh Beng Hock case, like many other cases of injustices resulting in death, should be reopened for justice to be finally done.”

In case you forgot about Teoh Beng Hock’s story, here’s a quick refresher. Teoh was a 30-year-old journalist and political aide to DAP assemblyman Ean Yong Hian Wah. He was detained and questioned by the MACC on the night of 15th July, 2009 regarding corruption allegations.

"re-Open The Teoh Beng Hock Case," Demands Lim Kit Siang - World Of Buzz 1

Source: cpi asia

However, Teoh’s body was found on the rooftop of a building next to MACC’s Shah Alam offices on the following morning (16th July). His death caused public outrage, with protests soon forming outside the MACC offices, demanding answers. Many have since deemed Teoh Beng Hock’s death “the first political death under the Najib administration”. 

The journalist’s death was brought to court, with world-renowned Thai pathologist, Dr Pornthip Rojanasunand concluding in court that there was an 80 per cent chance that his death was homicide, and a 20 per cent chance that it was suicide.

Despite Pakatan Rakyat leaders urging the Royal Commission to probe the suspicious circumstances surrounding Teoh’s death, it was later concluded that his death was suicide due to the “aggressive interrogation tactics by three MACC officers”.

This conclusion caused more public outrage, with Teoh’s family insisting that he was in fact murdered.

Now, with the new government in place, we could possibly see not only Altantuya’s, but Teoh Beng Hock’s case reopened. Whatever the outcome is, let’s hope that investigations will be conducted fairly and transparently for the deceased’s family to get closure.

 

Also read: Altantuya’s Murder Case May Be Reopened by Police, Says IGP

Igp Says Possible That Police Will Reopen Altantuya's Murder Case - World Of Buzz 2


Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Beach Park Ft Beach Park Ft
News4 hours ago

Penang Beach Park Forced To Shut Down After Thousands Of Visitors Were Spotted

A beach park in Penang, Taman Rekreasi Pantai Robina (also known as Robina Eco Park), has been forced to shut...

Mitsubishi Mitsubishi
News5 hours ago

M’sian Man Who Drove Against Traffic & Killed 2 Teenagers Charged With Murder

The driver who drove against traffic and killed two teenagers on 12 September has been charged with murder at the...

Kk Kk
News7 hours ago

Mount Kinabalu & Other Tourist Sites Reopened To Fully Vaccinated Individuals Starting 16 Sept

It’s finally time for fully vaccinated individuals to gear up as Mount Kinabalu is now open to the public for...

Collage 3 5 Collage 3 5
News8 hours ago

523 Covid-19 Positive Individuals & Those Ignoring Home Quarantine Identified In Kedah

After more than a year of fighting the pandemic, some people are still violating the SOPs by endangering the lives...

Ppcc Ppcc
News11 hours ago

PM: B40 Households To Receive Self-Test Kits & Oximeters From Govt In Covid-19 Care Package

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob announced yesterday (19 September) that the government will allocate over RM471.6 million to...

Khairy Jamaluddin Booster Shot Khairy Jamaluddin Booster Shot
News11 hours ago

KJ: Booster Shots Expected To Be Given To High-Risk Groups Starting October

Many countries have started giving booster shots to their citizens and it seems like Malaysia is next to follow suit....

Wee Ft Wee Ft
News1 day ago

Transport Minister: More Public Transport Expected To Operate At Full Capacity Next Month

As Malaysia moves into the Covid-19 endemic phase, more public transport is expected to operate if domestic tourist destinations are...

Rnr Rnr
News1 day ago

Almost All R&Rs Along PLUS Highway Have Reopened, Those Fully Vaccinated Allowed To Dine In

As Klang Valley moves on to Phase Two of the National Recovery Plan (NRP), more rest stops (R&R) have also...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY