On 31 May, MITI released a statement announcing that their ministry is in charge of giving out permission letters for certain industries to operate. However, Inspector-General of Police Datuk Seri Acryl Sani Abdullah Sani has said that the PDRM will only accept confirmation letters from six ministries and certain agencies to allow workers to pass through roadblocks starting tomorrow (8 June).
He added that the letters are evidence that allows workers to move from their homes to the workplace. Those who fail to submit confirmation letters or submit false confirmation letters will be subject to stern action under the Infectious Diseases Prevention and Control Act 1988 (Act 342).
The ministries involved are as follow:
- Manufacturing and related services sector- Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) –
- Public transport and essential goods sector- Ministry of Transport (MOT)
- Agriculture, fisheries, livestock, plantation, and commodities sectors- Ministry of Agriculture and Food Industry (MAFI), however, the confirmation letter will only be issued for smallholders
- Those with licenses under the Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM)- MITI
- Smallholders, estates, nurseries, rubber traders, traders, and rubber manufacturers- Ministry of Plantation Industries and Commodities (MPIC)
- Rubber product manufacturers such as gloves-MITI
- Telecommunication, media, postal, courier, and broadcasting services-Ministry of Communications and Multimedia (KKMM)
- Financial institutions, insurance, and share transactions sectors- Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) and the Securities Commission (SC) respectively.
- Small traders, food stall hawkers, and food trucks-Local authority (PBT)
- Strata management, solid waste, and sanitation-MITI
Astro Awani reported that the confirmation document must be dated June 1, 2021, and parties who do not have any valid documents or show documents that have expired before that date will be instructed to turn back.
“All confirmation letters issued by agencies under the Home Ministry such as the Malaysian Immigration Department (JIM), National Registration Department (JPN), Malaysian Volunteer Department (RELA) and others will be adopted for movement permission.”
For self-employed workers such as plumbers, maintainers, and roadside hawkers who do not have an employer, a mobile application must be obtained from the police on a one-time basis within the period from 1 June to 14 June.
PDRM would give permission once for a period of two to three days to employees in sectors that were not allowed to operate but needed to go to work for specific purposes such as preparing documents, salary payment invoices, and so on. But they have to provide their employer confirmation letter as proof.
Let us know what you think of this!
PDRM Proposes ‘Ability To Drive’ Assessment For Senior Citizens Before They Can Renew Their License
PDRM has suggested that the government needs to set a new requirement for senior citizens before they can renew their...
Sri Lanka’s Famous Shaman Who Allegedly Claims He Could Cure Covid-19 Dies Due To The Virus
A high-profile shaman from Sri Lanka who claimed he was able to stop the spread of the virus in his...
YB Khairy: Interval Between 1st & 2nd Doses Of AstraZeneca Vaccine Shortened To 6 Weeks
The Minister of Health, YB Khairy Jamaluddin informed that the period between the first and second doses of the AstraZeneca...
Lorry Driver High On Drugs Falls Asleep On The Wheel & Loses Control Of Vehicle On NKVE
A lorry driver lost control of his vehicle after falling asleep on the wheel and skidded on the NKVE heading...
M’sian Man In Somalia Sentenced To 15 Years In Jail For Assisting Terrorist Organisation
A 34-year-old Malaysian man named Ahmad Mustakim Abdul Hamid, was sentenced to 15 years in prison by a Somali military...
KJ: Herd Immunity No Longer Achievable With 80% Vaccination Due To Delta Variant
The Ministry of Health (KKM) will not longer use the conventional formula of achieving herd immunity with at least 80%...
56 Politicians Were Convicted Of Flouting SOPs Throughout The Lockdown Period
A couple of months ago, #KerajaanGagal was trending online for various reasons, one of which is the fact that many...
PDRM On The Hunt For Those Who Leaked Alleged Lewd Messages & Videos Of Celebrity Preacher
The police have opened up an investigation paper after detecting the spread of several video clips and lewd messages allegedly...
Film & TV18 hours ago
Phone Number Shown On ‘Squid Game’ Belongs To A Real Person Who Has Received Over 4000 Calls From Fans
Social Stories16 hours ago
Watch: Motorcyclist Crashes Into A Person Crossing Lanes At The Grand Saga Toll Plaza
Social Stories17 hours ago
Indian Court Orders Beauty Salon To Pay RM1.13 Million To A Customer For Ruining Her Haircut
Social Stories17 hours ago
SG Security Guard Fined RM14k For Pouring Hand Sanitiser Into Coworker’s Water Bottle