This is so heartwarming! Several residents who were having breakfast in a local kopitiam in Johor Bahru came together to save a man’s life after he fainted and looked like he was on the verge of having a stroke or heart attack. The incident happened at 7am on Wednesday (November 27th) and the victim was identified as a Nepalese man.
According to China Press, one of the rescuers, a 67-year-old man known as Yan, said that he would often have breakfast with his friends at the kopitiam every morning. On that fateful day, he saw the foreigner eating a piece of chicken alone.
Yan said that he noticed him as that was the first time the Nepalese man was in the kopitiam. At first, he saw the foreigner’s head drooping and thought that he was looking at his phone. Yan then went over to talk to the man but was surprised to find that the man was unresponsive and drooling.
Someone immediately called an ambulance and while waiting for the paramedics, they put the man, who had fainted, on the ground. Suddenly, another middle-aged man approached and asked whether anyone had a needle with them. Someone else gave him a safety pin, and he used that to prick the fingers, brows and ears of the Nepalese man to prevent him from having a stroke. PS: This method has not been scientifically proven so don’t try this at home!
After that, the man started to move a little and spit out the chicken he had been eating. The people there carried him up to a 4WD vehicle to send him to the clinic for treatment. Although bloodletting worked well in this man’s case, it should be noted that this method is not scientifically proven to prevent stroke so you should always wait for the ambulance to send the patient to the hospital.
This is because the first hour of a patient getting a stroke is known as the “golden hour” as this is the most crucial time to save them from further harm.
Luckily, the man seems to be fine now thanks to the residents who quickly rushed to his aid! In any medical event, do seek the help of professionals!
Security Guard Fined RM1,000 For Not Wearing Face Mask While Pumping Petrol
A security guard who was pumping petrol at a gas station in Melaka was recently fined RM1,000 after patrolling authorities...
Health DG: Over 1,000 School Students Have Been Infected Since Start of 3rd Wave
Since the nation entered its third Covid-19 wave a month ago, over 1,000 school-going children have been infected with the...
Nine Family Members Die After Eating Noodles Made With Ingredients Frozen For Nearly a Year
Most of us have a habit of keeping ingredients in the fridge for as long as possible only to throw...
Say Goodbye To Painful Swab Tests, This Machine Can Detect Covid-19 Using Your Breath In Under 1 Min
Getting tested for Covid-19 is extremely crucial yet extremely uncomfortable and painful at the same time. Many have testified that...
“Not interested? Turn off your TV” Puteri UMNO Chief Responds To Hannah Yeoh’s Criticism Of Defence Minister
“If DAP is not interested, please turn off your television and smartphone,” said Puteri UMNO Chief Datuk Zahida Zarik Khan....
News23 hours ago
“I thought only 1 person need to scan,” 6 Students Fined RM1,000 each for Not Scanning MySejahtera
Social Stories23 hours ago
“Why is the yellow not washing off?” Girl Accidentally Stains Her Skin After Using Turmeric Mask
Social Stories24 hours ago
Malaysian Girl Shares How Stress and Isolation Took Her Brother’s Life
News22 hours ago
“That’s normal, she’s the Opposition!” Ismail Sabri Responds To Hannah Yeoh’s Criticisms