You know you’re blessed to be Malaysian when you get to have a numerous amount of public holidays that come almost every month! It’s even better when they fall on the weekend, which means you have at least three to four consecutive days of no work.
Looking at the upcoming months in 2019, September itself has three long weekends in a row while October has one, and of course, not forgetting the school holidays at the end of November and the whole of December.
With all these holidays coming up, I’m sure it has crossed your mind about going on a short getaway with your friends or family, but the question is, where?
Well, Vietnam is a great place with many hidden gems that aren’t usually explored, which means it’ll be less crowded! So, if you’re considering Vietnam as a holiday destination, here are some hidden gems you need to check out!
1. Nha Trang
Nha Trang is known for its diving sites, offshore islands and beaches lined with hotels and seafood restaurants that all make it a great place to bring your family for a vacation. There are plenty of fun activities that you can check out that are sure to give you and your family that much-needed break you’ve all been waiting for.
i) Hon Mun Island Half-Day Snorkeling Guided Tour from Nha Trang
- This package will give you ample time to spend with your friends and family as it lasts for half a day
- You’ll get to visit two different places with plenty of time to swim, snorkel and enjoy coral reefs and marine life sightings
- They even include breakfast and snorkel gear in addition to free hotel pick-up and drop-off services
Departure time: 7.30am
Price: Varies according to number of people (From RM118 for two adults)
Duration: 6 hours
ii) Vinpearl Amusement Park
- Like any amusement park, you can expect to see a variety of water slides with names like ‘space hole’, ‘tsunami’ and ‘kamikaze’
- It also has a 900-meter long ‘lazy river’ that allows you to float along and relax on a swimming ring, and a ‘wave pool’ that emulates different sea conditions
- If you don’t want to swim, there’s also a 3,000sqm aquarium which has a motorised walkway, allowing visitors to view more than 300 species of colourful fish
Opening Hours: 8am – 9pm (Mon – Thurs), 8am – 10pm (Fri – Sat)
Address: Vĩnh Nguyên, Thành phố Nha Trang, Khanh Hoa Province 650000, Vietnam
iii) National Oceanographic Museum
- This museum is an awesome place for you and your family to see local marine life in their beautiful and captivating exhibits
- It has over 20,000 live and preserved marine specimens included reef sharks, turtles, scorpion fish and puffers that are sure to pique your interest in ocean life
- There is also an exhibit where they showcase stuffed sea mammals, ocean related artifacts, and even rare colourful reef species
Opening hours: 6am – 6pm
Price: VND 30,000 for adults (RM5.40) and VND 12,000 for children below the age of 12 (RM2.20)
Address: 1 Cau da, Nha Trang, Khanh Hoa
2. Phu Quoc
Phu Quoc is a magnificent island off the coast of Vietnam, and is known for their great sandy white beaches lined with resorts and many fun outdoor activities. This brand new beach destination isn’t explored by many, which is why you have to be one of the first ones to check it out!
i) Cable car ride to Pineapple Island
Phu Quoc island has the longest cable car ride in the world!
- Measuring almost 8km long, the non-stop three-way cable car made it into the Guinness Book of World Records in 2018
- It takes you from Phu Quoc island to Hon Thom, also known as Pineapple island, where you have a bird’s-eye view of clear blue waters, coral reefs and the An Thoi Archipelago
- The 15 minute ride will allow you to really take in the scenery, and when it speeds up to 30km an hour, it will definitely make you feel like you’re flying above water
Ticket price: 150,000 dong for adults (RM27), 100,000 dong for children (RM18)
Opening times: 8am – 5.30pm
Address: An Thoi, Phú Quốc, Kien Giang, Vietnam
ii) Phu Quoc Night Market
- You have to visit Phu Quoc Night Market if you’re in Phu Quoc as you get to dine and shop at the same time until late at night
- There are about 100 stalls, of which most of them sell fresh seafood like sea snails, scallops and crabs, street snacks and beverages at affordable prices
- This market is accessible by foot, a short scooter or taxi ride from most of the hotels around the area
Opening hours: 4.30pm – 3am
Address: Khu 1, Phú Quốc, Kien Giang, Vietnam
3. Can Tho
Can Tho is located in the Mekong Delta, a vast maze of rivers, swamps and islands where boats are the main means of transportation. The way of life by the water and local food is the key to experiencing and feeling the city as it is home to various floating restaurants, bars and hotels.
i) Cai Rang Floating Market
Cai Rang floating market is located just beside My Khahn Tourist Village.
- It’s another great way to experience nature while floating amidst one of the most famous floating markets
- Like any morning market you’ve been to, this floating market is a place where locals buy and sell a variety of fruits and vegetables, on top of ready-to-eat food like pho, banh mi and even a cup of coffee
- You’ll get to interact with locals as they bustle about in their tiny vessels, juggling between steering their boat and attending to a customer
Opening hours: 5am (tour boat pick-up time)
Address: 46 Hai Ba Trung | near Cai Rang Bridge, Can Tho 900000, Vietnam
ii) My Khanh Tourist Village
Source: Dulich Dailoan
My Khanh Tourist Village is a great place to explore nature up close with the cool shade of trees and fruit gardens
- You will get to see over 20 fruit crops like plums, mango, rambutan, jackfruit, strawberry, and yes, even durian
- The village meets relaxation and entertainment where you get to take peaceful strolls among the trees and enjoy numerous games such as fishing, folk games and karaoke
- There are also numerous restaurants with diverse menus that are sure to meet every tourist’s needs
Opening hours: 5am – 10pm (Monday – Sunday)
Address: 335 Lộ Vòng Cung, Mỹ Khánh, Phong Điền, Cần Thơ, Vietnam
iii) Du Thuyen Floating Restaurant
- Du Thuyen Floating Restaurant is considered to be the largest floating restaurant in Can Tho that can accommodate up to 600 people
- Set over three floors, the restaurant lights up at night and takes you along the Hau River where you will be able to see the magnificent Can Tho bridge
- They serve a variety of cuisines in western Vietnam and allow you to enjoy the “dan ca tai tu”, a type of traditional music of the Mekong Delta people
Opening hours: 7pm – 11pm
Price range: RM42 – RM84
Address: Hai Bà Trưng, Tân An, Ninh Kiều, Cần Thơ, Vietnam
Don’t these places look great? Well, get ready to pack your bags as Air Asia is having a promotion for their flights to Vietnam!
You can fly from Malaysia to Nha Trang, Phu Quoc or Can Tho starting at RM79 using Big Pay!
Take note though that this promotion is an all-in fare one way for Big Members only. So quickly register yourself as one. Few clicks only!
You can book your tickets now until 15 September 2019, and travel now until 31 March 2020. Seize the chance to travel to these amazing gems okay!
For more info, you can click here.
Health Minister: Govt Is Looking Into Shortening Time Gap For 2nd Dose Of AZ Vaccine Administration
According to Health Minister Dr Adham Baba, the Ministry of Health is looking into whether the time gap between administering...
106 Factories Ordered To Close For Violating FMCO SOPs
A total of 106 factories were ordered to close for violating the standard operating procedures of the Movement Control Order...
“He speaks better than some MPs” M’sians Impressed By US Ambassador’s Fluency in BM
This guy speaks better Bahasa than some Malaysians! In a recent video by the U.S. Embassy Kuala Lumpur, Ambassador Brian...
Annoyed By Baby’s Cries, Sabah Man Flees After Beating 1yo & Threatening To Hang Wife
A 27-year-old man from Sabah allegedly beat his one-year-old child and threatened to hang his own wife after he was...
Selangor Man Charged For Possessing 58 Pieces Of Women’s Clothing, Pleads Not Guilty
A 23-year-old man was charged in the Magistrate’s Court today (18 June) for the possession of 58 pieces of women’s...
Prices Of Toys, Coffee & Furniture May Rise Due To Outrageous Shipping Costs
Who doesn’t love online shopping? With Covid-19 not showing any signs of slowing down, lockdown online shopping has become a...
Young People In China Are Getting ‘Elf Ear’ Procedures To Look Thinner & Slimmer
Ever wondered what it’s like to have pointy elf-like ears like Spock from Star Trek? Well, pointy ears are now...
KJ: Walk-Ins For Vaccinations Allowed Once Registered Individuals Receive Their Vaccines
PPV vaccination centres across the country will be open their doors to those who want to get vaccinated on a...
Social Stories22 hours ago
Private Labs In India Caught Faking Over 400,000 Covid-19 Negative Swab Test Results In April 2021
Social Stories24 hours ago
Scientists Have Successfully Upcycled Plastic Bottles Into Vanilla Flavouring!
Social Stories24 hours ago
Phuket Changes Its Definition Of Population, Now Claims 74% Of The Island Is Vaccinated
Social Stories5 hours ago
Rempit ‘Superman’ Collides With Lorry, Dies On The Spot