By now you would have already known that Malaysians can enjoy a one-off RM30 digital incentive given by the government starting from 15th January 2020. Wooo, free money! This was announced in Budget 2020 and is known as the e-Tunai Rakyat initiative. This is supposed to encourage Malaysians to go cashless and embrace the usage of e-wallets.
Eligible Malaysians can start claiming this RM30 between 15th January – 14th March 2020. To make sure you are qualified, you must be Malaysian, aged 18 years and above as of 31st December 2020, and earning less than RM100,000 in the year 2018 (about RM8,333 per month). Do note that you must spend the RM30 by 15th March 2020 or the money will expire after this date.
If you don’t know how to claim the money, don’t worry because it’s really easy! You can choose to claim from either Boost, Touch ‘n Go eWallet, or GrabPay. Here’s how:
1. Open the app and click on the banner saying Upgrade your GrabPay Wallet
2. Click Upgrade Now
3. Make sure your wallet is activated and then take a photo of your MyKad. Submit it and once successful, the screen will inform you “Money Transfer Enabled”. This may take up to 48 hours for verification
1. Open the app and click on the e-Tunai Rakyat banner
2. Click on Verify Account Now
3. Follow the steps to verify your account
4. Take a photo of your MyKad and a selfie to be submitted
5. Fill in all your required personal information. Your account will be verified in 48 hours and the money should be available as well
1. Open the Boost app then click on the wallet icon in the upper right corner or click on the banner E-TUNAI RAKYAT 2020 on it
2. Click on Upgrade Now to upgrade to the premium wallet
3. Take a photo of your MyKad and also a selfie to verify your identity. This verification process will be completed within 48 hours
FYI, this cash cannot be transferred to other users and must be used before 15th March 2020 otherwise it will be invalid.
Remember to get this money before it’s too late!
Thailand Will Not Open Its International Borders To Tourists Until 2021
The Deputy Governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand has announced that it is highly unlikely for the country to...
Dead Baby Rats Found In Kampar Supermarket In Perak
Would it be very shocking for you if you saw dead baby rats in the aisle of a supermarket? In...
Could Russia’s Plan To Register World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine Soon, Be Too Good To Be True?
The Covid-19 virus has put quite a dent in our 2020. For some, the lockdowns were hell because of the...
Video: Six Students Sustain Injuries After Roof Parts Fall On Them During Melaka Freak Storm
The freak storm that happened today in Melaka caused some extensive damage to properties and businesses. Not only that, but...
Watch: Car In Kedah Overturns After Crashing Into Bezza That Was Trying To Drive Across Junction
In an accident that happened in Kedah today (11 August) at 3.15pm, a car turned turtle after it collided with...
Current Affairs9 hours ago
Video: Freak Storm Hits Melaka This Morning Causing Major Property Damage
Current Affairs12 hours ago
Volcano That Erupted In Sumatra Expected To Affect Malaysian States & Flight Operations
Current Affairs10 hours ago
PDRM: You Will Have To Go To Court And Pay RM1,000 If Caught Using Your Phone While Driving
News12 hours ago
These 70yo Hangzhou Grandpas Are So Ripped, They’re Probably Fitter Than We’ll Ever Be