Connect with us

News

Haunted House in HK Ocean Park Closes After Man’s Death

Published

Haunted House In Hk Ocean Park Closes After Man'S Death - World Of Buzz
Source: Chinapress

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

It was supposed to be a fun-filled day out for this young man and a group of friends in Hong Kong’s famed Ocean park but it turned out to have a tragic ending. Cheung, a 21-year-old man from Hong Kong tragically died in an accident at Hong Kong’s Ocean Park on September 16 after entering the haunted house experience. That’s so sad!

Young Man Dies In After Ge Hk Ocean Park's Haunted House From - World Of Buzz

Source: scmp

According to SCMP, Cheung was there for an annual company event and had been at the park with his friends and girlfriend when they decided to enter the Halloween-themed haunted house called Buried Alive. Participants in the game had to enter a maze by getting into a fake coffin which would then slide them down into a room.

After exiting the coffin, they would need to find their way out of the maze alone or they may bump into their friends along the way. It appears that when the fake coffin with Cheung in it slid down, he had exited wrongly and went to an area that was closed to the guests.

Young Man Dies After Getting Hit On The Head In Hk Ocean Park's Haunted House - World Of Buzz

Source: chinapress

Eva Au Yeung Yee-wah, the park’s director of events and entertainment said he was found at “a place for our staff to carry out some maintenance work.” Just five minutes after entering the haunted house, he was allegedly hit by “moving parts of the slide”. These parts were believed to be from the fake coffin which landed right on his head. 

Blood immediately started spurting out from his head injury and he lost consciousness after that. He was found and resuscitated temporarily when they rushed him to the hospital around 2.00pm. Sadly, he slipped into a coma and was pronounced dead at Ruttonjee Hospital.

Young Man Dies After Getting Hit On The Head In Hk Ocean Park's Haunted House - World Of Buzz 1

Source: chinapress

Young Man Dies After Getting Hit On The Head In Hk Ocean Park's Haunted House - World Of Buzz 3

Source: chinapress

His girlfriend, who had went with him to the park was inconsolable in the hospital and it’s said that the couple were getting ready to married. The haunted house attraction will only be open to the public on October 5 but had allowed corporate events to take place before that.

The attraction is now closed for investigation by the the Electrical and Mechanical Services Department and the police. Ocean Park held a press conference and the spokesman said that “they were deeply saddened by the incident and would address the needs of Cheung’s family.”

Young Man Dies After Getting Hit On The Head In Hk Ocean Park's Haunted House - World Of Buzz 2

Source: chinapress

RTHK reported that Todd Hougland, executive director for operation and entertainment said, “We will get to the bottom of the exact cause, and ensure that this particular attraction as well as all others are maintained and operated at the highest level of safety. We’ll have to go through and investigate, and do a thorough review.”

Our condolences to the family of the victim. RIP, Cheung.

 

Also read: Stunt Driver Dies in Horrific Accident While Shooting ‘Deadpool 2’ Movie

Stunt Driver Tragically Dies While Shooting 'Deadpool 2' Movie - World Of Buzz 3

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Collage 29 Collage 29
News5 hours ago

All 29 Malaysian Gaza Flotilla 2.0 Delegates Released by Israel, One Activist Receives Threats Online

A wave of relief and emotion swept through supporters and family members after all 29 Malaysian delegates involved in the...

Collage 27 Collage 27
News1 day ago

75yo Man Charged Over Klang Hit-and-Run That Killed 2 Sisters, Seeks Lower Bail as He Suffers from Diabetes

A 75-year-old driver accused of a fatal hit-and-run in Bandar Baru Klang, Selangor, which claimed the lives of two sisters,...

Collage 3 2 Collage 3 2
News1 day ago

“We’re not protecting him” – PDRM Reveals Why Cop Who Allegedly Ran Langkawi Drug Syndicate Was ‘Only’ Transferred

Recently, the Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) revealed that “Mr A”, a police officer allegedly linked to running a drug syndicate...

Collage 24 Collage 24
News2 days ago

Plot Twist: ASEAN Records Exposes Fake Letter & Unregistered NGO After Allegations Go Viral

The Malaysia-based private record recognition platform found itself at the centre of controversy after a letter allegedly from the ASEAN...

Dd Ft 7 Dd Ft 7
News2 days ago

Married 42yo Seremban Teacher Charged with Grooming & Sexually Abusing Her 14yo Student Under Tree, In House

A 42-year-old Malaysian teacher has pleaded not guilty to five counts of sexual offences against her 14-year-old male student. Nurul...

Collage 26 Collage 26
News2 days ago

“They are brave individuals” – All 29 Malaysian Global Sumud Flotilla Activists Have Been Kidnapped by Israel

Hope that humanitarian aid would finally reach the people of Gaza appeared to collapse on Tuesday night (19 May) after...

Dd Ft 6 Dd Ft 6
News2 days ago

M’sian Woman in Her 80s Drives Against Traffic on PJ Highway While Trying to Find Exit, Gets Arrested

A video of a vehicle driving against the flow of traffic at KM10.8 of the Damansara-Shah Alam Elevated Expressway (DASH)...

Collage 25 Collage 25
News2 days ago

“Unintentional mistake” – Health Dept Apologises & Clarifies Chinese-Language Dengue Card at KL Govt Clinic

The Federal Territories Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya Health Department (JKWPKL&P) has issued an apology following controversy surrounding the use of...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY