fbpx
Connect with us

Social Stories

Attention M’sians! The People Of Sabah Need Your Help & Here’s What You Can Do

Published

on

Source: Semporna Heroes & Code Blue


Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

While a lot of Malaysians are distressed about the state of the country and the financial worries that come with it, let us not forget about our Sabahan brothers and sisters who are suffering from fluctuating Covid-19 cases on a daily basis. On 25 October, footage of an old Pakcik by the name of Ladja in Sabah breaching CMCO to find food because 27 houses in his village have not received help from anybody saddened Malaysians.

If you’ve been wondering how you can help, here’s a few organisations you can donate to or volunteer for the Sabahans affected by the pandemic.

 

To volunteer:

1.  Participation as a Non-KMM volunteer to handle the Covid-19 pandemic.

The Ministry of Health Malaysia (KKM) calls for medical and non-KKM medical volunteers’ involvement to help KKM in dealing with the third wave of Covid-19. You can search here for the exact positions that’s needed and if you’re interested, you can fill-up the form here!

 

2. Crisis Preparedness and Response Centre (CPRC)

KKM personnel will be sent to help the situation in Sabah, and other states that are experiencing an increase in Covid-19 cases. Medical and health care workers are being called to join KKM to help in the effort to deal with this third wave. Interested volunteers can email [email protected] or [email protected]

 

3. IMARET Volunteers

IMARET (IMAM Response & Relief Team) is calling for medical volunteers to go Tawau and Semporna from 29 October to 12 November.

Fill up the form here if you’re interested!

 

4. Semporna Heroes

Semporna Heroes is looking for reserved volunteers to help Semporna health clinics and hospitals to break the Covid-19 infection transmissions.

If you’re based in Semporna, you can contact Dzaquan through WhatsApp +60178351786 with your personal details.

 

To donate:

If you’re unable to volunteer, you can also donate monetary funds to these organisations striving to help Sabahans.

1. Covid-19 Support Fund for Sabah

This fund 100 per cent aims to help frontliners across Malaysia acquire Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Their supplier for medical equipment can provide 25,000 sets of PPE consisting of a medical gown, boot covers and a head-cover, where each set costs RM6.00.

 

2. Covid-19 Appeal-HANA Fund Me

HANA Fund Me hopes that, with the funds raised, they will be able to send supplies to hospitals in Sabah via the main hospital in Sabah as they are the receiving hub for supplies before coordinating and distributing these supplies to other hospitals within the states accordingly.

 

3. Dana Kecemasan Covid-19 Fasa 2

Pertubuhan Khidmat Sabah needs an approximate RM20,000 for non-medical equipment which include canopies, industrial fans and tables.

 

4. Kindness for Beauty Campaign

Healing Essence is selling tinted lip balm for RM20 and donating 70% of net profits to the Pusat Latihan OKU in Tuaran while the other 30% will go to Kinabalu Pink Ribbon.

 

5. #MUDABantuPetani by Parti Muda

MUDA took the initiative to ease the burden of farmers, wholesalers and consumers in Sabah by marketing agricultural products as well as assisting with logistics.

 

6. Sabah Covid-19 Fund MMA Sabah

The Malaysian Medical Association (MMA) is collecting aids and plans to use the funds for healthcare equipment, medical supplies, PPEs and other related Covid-19 relief.

 

7. Aid for the Needy Chapter Covid-19 Sabah

Global Peace Mission Malaysia launched this campaign which aims to mobilize donations to provide assistance to the people of Sabah who are by far the most affected by the Covid-19 virus outbreak, which has contributed to the sharp increase in Covid-19 cases in Malaysia.

 

You can check out the full list of organizations you can donate to here.

The people of Sabah need our help now, whether it’s through volunteering or funds. It’s time we set aside our differences and help the thousands of Malaysians affected by this virus.

 

Also read: Heartwarming: Volunteers Help Build Covid-19 Isolation Rooms In Sabah

 

Source: Instagram
Source: Hana Fund Me
Source: Instagram
Source: Instagram


Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Latest Videos

Announcement



TRENDING TODAY