Connect with us

Social Stories

Anwar Praised For Announcing That Govt Will No Longer Approve Projects Without Proper Tender

Published

Ft Bribe
Source: SADIQ ASYRAF/Prime Minister’s Office of Malaysia & 123RF

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Just this morning (November 29), Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim announced that the government should no longer give approvals and procurements of projects without proper tender.

He explained that the unity government, led by him, would not allow leakages or corruptions to continue in the country and,  “The approval and procurement without tender should no longer be allowed, to ensure corruption will not take place“.

“This cannot and should not happen anymore at all levels.”

Meanwhile, Anwar also stated that he would not allow family members to be given government projects.

2022112929193Sa

 

“This country needs a change. The damages done are not because of the civil servants, but rather the leaders’ own weaknesses,” he added.

Anwar explained that although the country was once at the top and had achieved tremendous success, it has digressed in terms of economic stability, due to violations of laws and fraud cases involving leaders and civil servants.

“Hence, I hope we can bring this spirit together to change the country for the better.”

 

A good change for the country

In Malaysia, it has been considered as the norm for unqualified contractors to secure government projects merely through bribery or cronyism.

Anwar’s announcements appeared to have been met with cheers by the majority of the country as a way to put an end to bribery and corruption in the form of direct tenders.

“This should be common practice. It’s extremely tiring when you try to win a tender but for all you know there are cronies standing by.”

“Finally. Even in my own work life, I am tired of facing those who love to bribe,” said a user.

Screenshot 421 Screenshot 420

 

Some reacted positively but in a sarcastic manner and wondered how those who had previously received contracts would now go on to survive.

“If he removes the practice of direct tender like how the government used to do, how would cronies and ministers get money? Think about the livelihoods of the rich!”

“No wonder catering businesses are mad. Before this they enjoyed easily securing jobs even without a catering certification,” said another user.

Screenshot 418 Screenshot 419

 

What do you think of the move?

 

Also read: PM Anwar Wants to ‘End Culture Of Wasting Funds’, Declines New Mercedes & Office Renovation

Feat Image Anwar Rejects Mercedes N Office Reno

Source: Twitter
Source: Twitter
Source: Twitter
Source: Twitter

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Collage 17 Collage 17
News4 days ago

“Sg Buloh Prison is overcrowded” – Lawyer Urges Court to Release Trio Who Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery on Bail

Three men accused of assaulting a long-haired man at a bak kut teh shop in Kepong were charged in the...

Collage 2 2 Collage 2 2
News4 days ago

“Shoot them if they evade arrest” – Kedah MB Urges Extreme Measures Against Langkawi Drug Syndicate

Kedah Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor has urged police to take firm, and even “extreme”, measures to...

Collage 15 Collage 15
News5 days ago

Jho Low Seeks Presidential Pardon from Donald Trump to Drop His 1MDB Criminal Charges in the US

Fugitive Malaysian businessman Low Taek Jho, better known as Jho Low, has reportedly applied for a presidential pardon from former...

Collage 14 Collage 14
News6 days ago

19yo M’sian Student Charged with Murder of Woman Found with 61 Stab Wounds, Faces Death Penalty

A college student has been charged at the Kota Bharu Magistrate’s Court today with the murder of 19-year-old Nurfisya Zulkifly...

Collage 13 Collage 13
News6 days ago

PDRM: Several Individuals, Believed to be Drunk, Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery for ‘Glaring’ at Them

A man was assaulted by a group of individuals after reportedly looking in their direction while dining at a restaurant...

Collage 11 Collage 11
News1 week ago

PDRM: 11yo Student Who Fell from Melaka School Was Retrieving Peer’s Shoe He Had Thrown on Awning

Police have confirmed that an incident involving a Standard 5 male student, who was injured after falling from a garage...

Collage 9 Collage 9
News2 weeks ago

11yo Falls From Melaka School Building While Retrieving Shoe Allegedly Thrown Onto Awning by a Peer

A Standard Five male student from a primary school in Batu Berendam, Melaka, was injured after falling from the first-floor...

Dd Ft 17 Dd Ft 17
News2 weeks ago

“I forgive him” – Father of 8yo Girl Fatally Struck Near Johor School Urges Public Not to Blame Van Driver

An 8-year-old student was fatally struck in front of Sekolah Kebangsaan (SK) Seri Maimon in Parit Sulong, Batu Pahat, Johor,...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY